Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 5:17 AM
Wish List for Sims2Pack Clean Installer
Hi there!
Let me start by saying thanks for creating such an useful program!
I would just love to have these features

I would love to have my Subcategories available when I right click "Move Objects to.." at this stage only 4 available categories are available and they are not expandable. I wish that I can right-click on a Rug and move it to "Objects>Rugs" rather than having to click "browse" and put every individual item in manually.
What I have been doing is moving the objects into the objects folder, looking at the filename for clues to what they are, moving them in Explorer to their respective subfolders and then running S2P Clean Installer to manually move the ones I can't guess by looking at their file names.
This can get a little fiddly mainly because S2PCI does not remember my last "browsed" subfolder when moving objects so I have to browse through all my subfolders each and every time I want to manually move something.

I have a lot of custom stuff (thanks everyone!) and I am looking for a way to organise it. I tried SimPE and although I can browse my objects I haven't figured out how to move them. I don't think you can.

Anyways that's my wish! for S2PCI to have expandable subcategories when moving objects and for it to remember last browsed file when manually moving through browsing.

I hope I made sense!

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 12:09 PM
If Phervers can be persuaded to free up enough time for a new version we'd all be very grateful. Cleaninstaller is vitally important to the sims community. If donations to MTS2 would help, please let us know.

The top request has got to be a fix for the exception errors leading to JIT debugger messages that are posted about in the long closed thread. Pherevers knows about them. that stops some users ever getting to use cleaninstaller. When I send beginners here to get cleaninstaller, I feel very guilty when they hit this problem.

I've posted a few other things before but I'm sure Phervers has his own list. The key thing is whether Phervers is up for another version.

post 1156 in that thread by phervers
"well it's one of the mysterious bugs i have not managed to resolve, i'm starting to work on new version soon, after all my commercial projects are finished. You know i got to eat something "
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#3 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 11:09 AM
Phervers was going to release an update but last I heard that was Sept last year, and he's been busy with RL stuff (he and his wife had a new baby last year), so I'm not sure any new versions can come from his side.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 4:01 PM
Any chance of a couple more stickies here?
One about whether CI checks for conflicts between maxis objects and downloads.
Another about the whole exception error/ JIT debugger problem and what to try if you get it
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 4:22 PM
If you want to write up stuff, then I'll sticky it.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 12:06 PM Last edited by cwykes : 8th Jul 2006 at 10:05 AM.
Here's the best I know Delphy Edite a couple of times - I'm not a techie - I just keep asking questions and put things together to try and help other people.

error type
"I have been unable to install the latest version of sims2packclean installer version 1.5.1.4 Here is the error I get.

Sim2pack Cleaninstaller.exe-common language runtime debugging services (in blue line)
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
process id = Oxe14(3604), thread id = Oxe18 (3608) *note the entries after 0x and in the parentheses seem to change each time.
click ok to terminate
click cancel to debug

If I click cancel to debug, it doesnt help. I tried to debug and got ”registered JIT debugger is not available….” I have to click ok to terminate.

Cwykes research conclusions - This is a known problem with version 1.5.1.4 The exception errors are from cleaninstaller. The JIT debugger is a tool your PC is using to try to fix the install. The JIT debugger bit of the message is a different problem but may have the same cause.

Your JAVA is probably not a coherent up to date set of files. Uninstall Java on your PC and download a new version. (link?) The install may then work or the JIT debugger may be able to get it to work. (thanks Syberspunk for the suggestion)

If that doesn't work, uninstall version 1.5.1.4 and download 1.5.1 instead.
http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/Si...taller_v151.exe
As far as I can tell it wasn't a problem with that version. That has it's own little bugs. Uninstall 1.5.1.4 from the start menu. If that doesn't work, uninstall from the add/remove programs in control panel. If that doesn't work delete the files and clean the registry (link needed,,)

SimDebster reckons you need net 1.1 and not NET 2 for CI to install. CormorantEnt went with NET 2 and reckons Cleaninstaller isn't putting something in the registry correctly.