Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:46 PM
Default What is your favorite Buy or Build mode item description?
I wasn't sure if this has been a discussion before, but I was curious what item descriptions people enjoy.

I'm personally a fan of the Mr. Section with Arms. "Note: Couch will not pick up things or punch you. Couches can't do that They're furniture."
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 12th May 2018 at 12:30 AM
The C. Lee Funkensnooz bed still makes me laugh.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th May 2018 at 1:28 AM
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:03 PM
Not a description, but the Prisoner of Azkalamp name always makes me smile.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2018 at 5:06 PM
I always love the Justin Uther brick wall.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#6 Old 12th May 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rollingstarr
I wasn't sure if this has been a discussion before
I think the moderators only care if the topic had a recent thread.
as far as I am aware, no recent threads about this.

one description I like is the one for the teapot painting.
beginning words kind of pun on "I'm a little teapot, short and stout". this game had different spelling/punctuation/capitalization/etc; though I do not remember exactly.
Theorist
#7 Old 12th May 2018 at 8:53 PM
I don't look at many of the descriptions, but with some I do, particularly with decoration objects.

My favourite, or at least one of the few I can remember, is The Gray Woman of Sim City:

"There is an old legend about the gray woman of SimCity. It is said that one day while the Gray Woman was baking a turkey, she got a phone call from a long lost cousin and accidentally forgot the turkey was in the oven. This caused her house to catch on fire, and tragically, the turkey was burned. Also, the woman died. But it is said that she watches over all babies and toddlers from beyond the grave. And that is why they cannot be harmed by fire."

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2018 at 1:39 AM
Not buy/build mode, but I was playing Uni and my 15 year old son was messing around with his laptop next to me--probably making memes or something--and he looked over at the class descriptions. "Mom, I would go to THAT college." (He's decided to pursue a non-college career.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 13th May 2018 at 2:06 AM
The ones that tell me the creator and website, to be honest.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Not buy/build mode, but I was playing Uni and my 15 year old son was messing around with his laptop next to me--probably making memes or something--and he looked over at the class descriptions. "Mom, I would go to THAT college." (He's decided to pursue a non-college career.)

Yeah the college level descriptions are funny - they even appeal to sarcastic English persons like me.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
The Frugal Fruitlover's Friend food processor from Freetime:

Blazing blades blink blithely, blasting blushing blackberry blobs. Frigid fruit fragments frolic freely. Blunt bland blocks blow blustering blizzards, frail frozen freight frequently fracturing from frantic friction. Fragrant frosty fray friskily frothing, blissful blue blur blankets blender.

I love me some alliteration.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:45 PM
These are my favourites- click to enlarge.
Scholar
#13 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:47 PM
@simsample why does it say "avaliable in the sims 2 (or others)" at the bottom of each description?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:53 PM
@Emerald1234

boolProp ShowCatalogEPFlags true
Theorist
#15 Old 13th May 2018 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
tragically, the turkey was burned. !!!

Oh, also, the woman died icyc

This story is just... too tragic and touching.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th May 2018 at 9:13 PM
I haven't the energy to find quantities like Simsample did, but there are lots of funny stuffs in Sims2, even job descriptions can be funny (and is a requirement for my CC jobs)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th May 2018 at 3:25 AM
Thinking about it a bit, I'm pretty partial to the Little Sister, WD15's description:
Quote:
The latest in quantum computing, Little Sister is everything that doomsdayers fear in a technological advance--and more! 1 terabyte hard drive, military grade processor, stealth design . . . and a keyboard to boot! Guaranteed not to attempt autonomous world domination before 2015 or your money back.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Scholar
#18 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:57 AM
I asked for my money back as its now 3 years after 2015 and not one of them has attempted world domination. My conspiracy theorist sims are sorely disappointed.

I wasn't refunded as the operater said my claim was invalid, that I had failed to read the warranty properly and stated that just because they're guaranteed not to attempt domination before 2015 doesn't mean that they will do so after.

The little Sister discription is my favorite one.
Scholar
#19 Old 14th May 2018 at 6:21 PM
Ah, the Pear ShinyStation - the only described computer in history to get more powerful as the years roll on (thanks to power-saving design techniques, more power can be fit into 1.21 Gigawatts of power every time a major computer component gets a redesign).
Alchemist
#20 Old 14th May 2018 at 7:55 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...577#post5388577
with which program were the pictures taken?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 14th May 2018 at 8:01 PM
@mdsb759 Screenhunter 6.0 Free.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 11:58 PM
I don't know why these amuse me so much, but they do.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#23 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:13 AM
I have a folder in my screenshots folder called "Item Descriptions" just for this. Here's three that haven't been posted yet.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:44 AM

the Little Sister, WD15 computer:
"The latest in quantum computing, Little Sister is everything that doomsdayers fear in a technological advance--and more! 1 terabyte hard drive, military grade processor, stealth design . . . and a keyboard to boot! Guaranteed not to attempt autonomous world domination before 2015 or your money back."

I feel like I might need my money back...
Field Researcher
#25 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:54 PM
Guys, the Little Sister is not supposed to attempt world domination, they gave what they promised!

That little decorative drawer unit from the Ikea stuff pack, especially because most of the descriptions in this stuff pack sound more like boring advertisements than loving stabs at capitalism, art or society.
' "Why do I need six drawers?"
Because your neighbors have a five-drawer unit and they paid more for it. Their jaws will hit the floor when you show them this drawer unit and casually mention how much you paid.'
Although the last sentence kind of ruins it. On their own, the first two are pretty funny already.
Page 1 of 2