Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 10:37 AM Last edited by Echo : 11th Sep 2008 at 12:48 PM.
Default **Making objects with cut-outs in Wings3D**
First of all, you need to load Wings3D. Make any shape that you wish to make hollow.

Select your whole shape and make sure that the third triangle along is selected like so:

Select "Inset" and make it so that the inset is the thickness of what you want your 'hole' to be, like this:

Then select 1 face on either side of the square, make sure that the faces are opposite eachother, and then "Intrude" like this:

Then all you need to do is the usual > Autosmooth feature.

And your done! You have a simple hollow shape. This works with any shape you like! I hope I helped people with this tutorial. Enjoy

-Wil

----------
Tutorials:Making objects with cut-outs in Wings3Dwiki

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 6:51 PM
Thank you for this tutorial, good to know, although I don't know if I will need it.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:50 AM
thank you for this tutorial. ive been trying to do your tutorials which have worked, but i want to ask you now that i have finished this hollow box um is it a mesh to make something? i just want to be sure and try to understand what im doing yes so thank you

TASH

http://passionssims2com.page.tl/

my own website. check it out
Instructor
#4 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 12:58 PM
Thanks a lot for this Wil-Redfern. Cause I have been using wings a longtime ago so... THANKS! :D:D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2007 at 1:23 PM
Well tacos you can use a hollow box for anything... and you don't even have to stick to boxes, this works with any shape or form. Happy meshing,

-Wil

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 10:29 AM
i'm using a different version of wings, i'm not sure which one, but it seems that the same thing can be done by using the "Bridge" command as opposed to the "Intrude" command... Am i right?
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 7:00 AM
This is Great!
Simple and to the point. Thank you.
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 11:38 AM
I appreciate your work.