Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ollyhay13
uum i dont have "photoshop".....will "piture it" work?

yes pic it works well. i just did the tut w it and my dres came out puuuurfect. 1 thing w black color object u reallly have to work w the hue and sat
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 6th Jan 2008 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ollyhay13
uum i dont have "photoshop".....will "piture it" work?

yes pic it works well. i just did the tut w it and my dres came out puuuurfect. 1 thing w black color object u reallly have to work w the hue and sat
Test Subject
#203 Old 26th Jan 2008 at 12:24 PM
Thank you so much!

I thought it was going to be much harder than this! You really simplified it for us noobs out here Thanks! xx
Test Subject
#204 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 8:45 AM
No
Quote: Originally posted by EspeonDark
am i screwed if i dont have photoshop?
no, you can use GIMP for free , or a free image editing program
Test Subject
#205 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 3:20 AM
Faylen,
I just wanted to drop in and say "Thank you for your tutorials!" They're awesome. I'm a "newbie" so decided on this one after reading through a couple of the more advanced one and getting a bit scared to try them out. This one was perfect. Your explainations are clear, precise, and easy to understand... and the great pictures just add to the ease of it. Now I'm looking forward to trying a few projects and moving forward in the tutorials. Thanks! It's really really appreciated!
Test Subject
#206 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 7:48 AM
im just wondering if the same basic principles ably for macs?
Test Subject
#207 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 1:49 AM
Default ?
bodyshop wont let me save why?
Test Subject
#208 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 6:42 AM
yay. I made a beautiful shirtt. thxx ^___________^
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 8:42 PM
Fantastic tutorial, thanks ^^

Like my pictures? Check out the full sized art at http://makibird.deviantart.com
Test Subject
#210 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 7:05 AM
Default Thank you
Thank you SO much!! I did it!!! You're GREAT for doing this. (Sorry, I'm so exited to see my recolor in the game!)
~Susan
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 7:22 AM
Hello, I had the same trouble as Latinboi 2 - everyone leaves out the 2nd folder. It's EA/Sims2/[your version]/CSBin/Sims2 Body shop
Test Subject
#212 Old 17th Mar 2008 at 7:37 AM
Excellent Tutorial!
Thank you so much for this tutorial! I've just recolored my first outfit thanks to your detailed instructions. Can't wait to try more! I'm very happy. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#213 Old 18th Mar 2008 at 6:49 PM
I did it all fine but then when I actuallly went to put it on my sim it had huge pixels! =(
Do you know how to fix it?
Test Subject
#214 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 12:40 AM
This tut was so cool! Thanks a lot! I had questions on 'how' and this tut answered them! Thank you very much! I made my first recoloured dress! Hehehe!

Trixxi Starr says...
Quote:
"Fallen in the fields of battle the soldier asks, 'Who will remember me? Who will remember me??'
Test Subject
#215 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 1:42 AM
Thank you, I was able to follow along and I did it right the first time.
Test Subject
#216 Old 28th Mar 2008 at 5:41 PM
Thank you very much I have had The Sims 2 for several years now and never knew how to use this feature, I wonder why there was never a manual included with the game.

Come to dark side..... We have cookies
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 4:10 AM
Thank you Faylen
Thanks Faylen! I have credit for you on my uploads! Thanks to you I can now make Clothes Recolors! Here's and Example:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=279920
Test Subject
#218 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 3:09 AM
Thank you so much for the awsome tutorial. I wanted to learn to customize my sims and, thanks to this tutorial, I've now taken the first step.

I have the base game only and use PhotoImpression 4 as my graphics editor. The important thing is to use a graphics editor that you're familar and comfortable with. The moment I opened the necessary file into a program I think of as a second home I was off and running. A few more tutorials and a little more experience under my belt and I might begin skinning a sim of my husband just to weird him out.

Faylen, thank you again for all your hard work. It's greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
#219 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by burntoast
how do i get "PHOTOSHOP"???

You don't need to use photoshop, you could use anything, paint for example.

E^!l Ev!l E^il Evil 3^!l 3v!l 3^il 3vil
------------------------------------------------------

Randomness Evilness Namelessness...

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME

Muahahahaha! 8D

Listening to field of innocence by Evanescence.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#220 Old 12th Apr 2008 at 10:06 PM
No, you cannot use Paint. Paint is not suitable for this - it doesn't do layers, a variety of brushes, or much besides a big ugly bucket fill. Paint.NET (a different program), GIMP, Paint Shop Pro, Corel Photo Paint, etc., are fine for this, but MS Paint is purely unacceptable.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#221 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 9:47 AM
I have Photoshop 5.5 and I have done a lot of work in photoshop, but I'm having a problem. When I get the outfit i want to recolor, i go to photoshop, then I hit Open and follow the feeds to my project, but when I get there Photoshop doesnt register any files in the folder. i went to the folder and they are in there. Should I get a new photoshop or is the file messed up?

Please help

Shay
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 2:09 AM
Thanks for the great tutorial! How do you handle a lacy top when you get the predominate texture part the color you want but the recessive area is not right, like a green top turned purple but the recessive teal part isn't good looking.

Oh yeah, I am using Paintshop pro 7 if that matters.
Test Subject
#223 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 2:14 AM
I just did this tutorial. I have never created custom content and I finished the tutorial in about 15 minutes and now I have been recoloring all my sims clothes for like 2 hours lol. Thank you so much. I had no problems at all. I read every single thing you said to do and I made sure I didn't skip anything. You couldn't have wrote this any better. Great job to Hysterical and Faylen! I'm going to read all of your tutorials and work for a couple weeks getting good at it and maybe I can upload something if I ever get good enough.

Augustsim
Test Subject
#224 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 11:37 PM
thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#225 Old 2nd May 2008 at 9:43 AM
Thank you! An easy and great tutorial!

:)
Page 9 of 15