Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#126 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 6:40 AM
You need to register at SimPE to get a block of numbers assigned to you.

I am sure there are tutorials here that tell you step by step how to accomplish that. However, the one I am familar with is by Moune of Moune's Neighborhood. "Object Creations for Beginners", http://mounes-neighbourhood.110mb.com/Tutorials.html. The GUID part starts on page 52.

P.S. All of the tutorials here are topnotch. Moune is a friend, and sort of gently pushed me to extend my creative endeavors. Hers just happens to be the one I've been using recently and knew right where the GUID part was.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#127 Old 19th May 2008 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skyline-X
Do you know how to do this in Wings 3D? My Milkshape program refuses to start, so I can't use that...

it might be that the 30 days are gone out. if you have a license. try downloading a new one
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 1:54 AM
Umm Is it possible to use XSI Mod Tool to make cars?

Sims 2 Modder.....In Training!
Test Subject
#129 Old 10th Jul 2008 at 7:20 PM
Default thank you but
When i try and inport my mesh from the internet it says to many triangles even after i have used my uv mapper what should i do

thank you
Test Subject
#130 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 8:33 AM
Just curious...can you do this with Maya 6?
Test Subject
#131 Old 5th Dec 2008 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jessichan86
Just curious...can you do this with Maya 6?

No, you can not
Test Subject
#132 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 1:51 PM
milkshape 3D program has no regsiter bar in the help bar?
an it won't let me work with any of the programs like the sim unimesh or anything else
an i was told 2 regsiter, then the internet bar came up 2 the the website but can't seem 2 figure anything out rite now.wat programs and stuff like that.
Test Subject
#133 Old 6th Mar 2009 at 3:19 PM
Can't I do it in C4D? Or 3DsMax?
Test Subject
#134 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by willem81
Here is a short description about making a custom car for The Sims 2 NightLife. To understand this you will probably need basic knowledge of: Simpe, Milkshape or an other 3D-editor, and uv-mapping.

1. You need to pick a “reference object”, this is one of the cars Maxis made. The “reference object” its shape needs to be somewhat similar to the you are creating because you are going to use the animations of this “reference object”. Especially the size of the doors and the driver’s position are important. The sim will get in the car using the position of the “reference object”. So when you are making a car that is lower than the “reference object”, your sim will step in the vehicle like it is a higher car, resulting in its head going through the roof for example. I will use the supersportscar as the “reference object” in the rest of this tutorial.

2. You need to import the GMDC of the supersportscar in Milkshape 3D using “The Sims 2 GMDC importer V2.16” by wes_h. First thing you need to do is making a cloned object of the supersportscar using “Object Workshop” in Simpe. From this cloned object you extract the GMDC (by right-clicking on the GMDC!), only the one with the actual mesh (you can leave the shadow alone), which you need to import in Milkshape.

3. The best thing to do is watch the imported supersportscar in Milkshape very closely. (To get rid of the big blue cirkels (the bones/joints) you need to change the value for “joint size” to 0.007500 on the tab “misc” in the preferences of Milkshape.) Very important is the tab “joints” at the right. For example select Joint@0Eh. Then click the button “SelAssigned”. Doing this Milkshape will show you which vertexes are assigned to this joint. As you can see it is the right rear wheel. You will need to assign the vertexes of your car in a similar way. I will talk about this later (step 5).

4. Next step is to modify your carmesh to make it compatible with The Sims. For most cars found on the web this means: creating the interior, reducing the vertex- and polycount, separating doors from the main body, reversing vertex order of faces, etc. It is very important to make the wheels and doors in separate groups (see the groups tab in Milkshape), so you can easily select them when you are assigning them to the joints (see step 5). The best is to give your car as much different groups as possible, this makes the uv-mapping much easier. In step 7 you can regroup all this groups to the ones that were in the original cloned car (the uv-mapping is still working after regrouping).

5. When you are finished with your mesh you need to import it in the project you are already running: the imported GMDC of the supersportscar. You will probably have to scale your model to the size of the supersportscar. After that you are going to assign the joints. For example: select Joint@0Eh. We have already noticed it is the joint for the right rear wheel. So select al the vertices of your right rear wheel and click on the button “assign” (see the pic above). When you select Joint@0Eh again and you press the button “SelAssigned” you will notice the vertices from the right rear wheel of your car and of the supersportscar are assigned. Once you have assigned al the necessary parts to the joints you can delete the parts of the supersportscar. They are not needed anymore.
Edit: one more thing: you need to move the joints for the wheels to the center of the wheel (in de side view and front/back view). Otherwise the wheels will rotate in a strange way when the car is driving. When the joints for the doors are inside or outside your vehicle, you need to move them (in de front or back view) exactly at the edge (or border) of your model. DON'T move any of the other joints.

6. Next step is the uv-mapping. You need to export your model using the “The Sims 2 GMDC exporter V2.16” to a SimPE file. After that you need to save the model as *.ms3d. This *.ms3d file you need to open in LithUnWrap. In LithUnWrap you create your uv-map. Once you have opened this uv-mapped *.ms3d in Milkshape you need to copy and past the comments belonging to each joint from the model you saved as a SimPE file. LithUnWrap is losing this comments for some reason.
I'm not going to explain this, there is a tutorial here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79954. (It's for UVMapper Classic, but the basics are the same.)

7. When you are finished with the comments you need to regroup al your parts in a way you get the same parts as the supersportscar had. You will need a “vehiclesupersportscar_matte”, a “vehiclesupersportscar_chrome”, a “surface”, etc. You can use the cloned object from step 2 as a reference for the names. Once you have done this you can export again using the “The Sims 2 GMDC exporter V2.16”. I recommend saving to a new file so you don’t need to start over again when you screw something up.

8. Then you need to make a new cloned object from the supersportscar using the “Object Workshop” in Simpe. Then you are going to make all the necessary steps for creating a custom object. I recommend this tutorial: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795

9. Start The Sims to watch your model in-game. You will notice strange positions of the wheels, the doors and the lights. This can be solved in the Resouce Node in Simpe. See Cevic’s post in this thread for more information http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=93510

I hope I have made it more clear to you (English isn't my native language).
Please post any questions in this thread, don’t PM me.

Willem

Credits to the creators of the modding tools, to Numeror for his uv-mapping tutorial, to JWoods for his custom object tutorial, to Cevic for his post about the CRES and Dr. Pixel for his solution for the comments.

----------
Tutorials:Short_how_to_create_NightLife_carswiki

Where the heck do you find the plug in for the Milkshake program? I've been to the site and I see no such plug in. I'm getting really frustrated here.
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:32 AM
i am having a problem with step 1... this will sound like a tuipid question... how do i import objects with simPe? i am serious, when i go to the object work shop and click start nothing shows up... its just blank! i dont know what to do...
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:54 AM
acyually i was just about to uninstall and reinstall it AGAIN when i realised that the site you get it from doesnt exist anymore! know any programs other than simpe? everytime i click the web adress it comes up saying that it cannot be found or it comes up with a search engine showing you results, i click on all of them and none of them have it!!!
Test Subject
#137 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 6:41 PM
Could you include pictures or videos? post them on Youtube please. I really want to make a car mesh but i dont really understand your instructions. Thanks
Test Subject
#138 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 8:41 PM
Will Autodesk Softimage Mod tool 7.5 work? I'm cheap and don't want Milkshape.

With all these sim games like SimAnt, SimMars, SimEarth, and SimLife, why not have SimBand? Come on, Maxis, make a new sim series!
Test Subject
#139 Old 6th Sep 2011 at 7:50 AM
Default Need Help
Hi. This is my first car mod and I need some help with step 1. How do I get the GMDC of the Smoogo Minima?

Thanks. swinsor
Test Subject
#140 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 4:35 PM
How Do You Create A Vauxhall Vectra-C?
If You Don't Know What It Is , Search It On A Search Engine Or Images.
-Reece10
Sockpuppet
#141 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by reece10
How Do You Create A Vauxhall Vectra-C?
If You Don't Know What It Is , Search It On A Search Engine Or Images.
-Reece10

here you have a model:
http://sketchup.google.com/3dwareho...a02c73e805d386d
Test Subject
#142 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 10:32 AM
how do i start
Page 6 of 6