Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:29 PM
Default Richest Sims?
Out of curiosity, how much do your richest families/individuals have?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:37 PM
$500,000.... thank you, family funds!
I only do this if I need them to be in a certain lot for stories. I never really play my sims... it's mainly for making stories.

ENTJ
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:41 PM
I tax and fee my Sims, so my richest family has only ~236,000 simoleons. Most of my Sims spend their lives just earning enough money to send their kids to Uni, so they'll build a nice nest egg only to lose it when the kids go to college (§32,500 per student).
Inventor
#4 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:49 PM
32,500 per student?

That made me laugh, Mangaroo. I have recently implemented tuition upon my sims too but it's only 15,000 per student. That might change as the neighborhood gets richer but if it were any higher, no one would go as it is right now. But, I also tax the heck out of them.

My legacy family is worth quite a bit but I just rebuilt the house a generation ago so their available cash is less than 50k though I don't know the exact number.

I do everything in my power to keep my sims from becoming too wealthy.

kittens!
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:46 PM
9,999,999 XD

I have no idea what to put here sooo:
lalalalalaladkhefkjhefjkhsfklalalalalalala XD
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:51 PM Last edited by Nalia : 6th Aug 2010 at 1:34 AM. Reason: spelling
480,000 Simoleons. They are one of the first families that settled in the 'hood (2 1/2 years now), but they have a tendency of redecorating their house every Spring and Autumn, otherwise they would have more.
I do nothing to keep them poor, but I don't cheat either -- unless their story and background makes me to.
Inventor
#7 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:44 AM
About 600,000 for one particular family - however I did cheat a bit with them to start with - the couple met at uni and they moved into different houses on graduating and because I just wanted them to start off well I motherloded each of them 50,000 each. Then they got married and combined finances and I think I might have motherloded them one more time so they could get a business. Then their businesses grew. I haven't motherloded them since and they earn a lot of money from their various businesses and careers now. Normally I don't motherlode sims at all these days as I prefer the challenge of struggling, but I just felt like it with that particular couple.

Ooh, I forgot one another sim - she received a bonus at work worth 2 million (it was a custom career I'd downloaded and I think there must have been a mistake in the programming and they'd put in the wrong figure - or maybe it was intended, I don't know really!). But anyway, she's my richest sim now by a clear mile.
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:33 AM
I used familyfunds to give one of my families §1,000,000 and didn't turn it back once I moved them into the huge house... that's the richest my sims have gotten :D

"So you're telling me that my fiancee kissed you?"
"Yes."
"And did you kiss her back?"
"No, that's ridiculous! I kissed her mouth."
Scholar
#9 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:45 AM
I have a couple of families I used money cheats with for "neighborhood story" purposes (my organized crime family and my "millionaire" family)...both with $500,000...that's not counting the worth of the homes and belongings they have. But I don't count them as "legitimate" because I used cheats. The family with the most *legitimate* money is the Larson twins @$126,000.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 5:08 AM
I tax my sims except those who have less than 1000§.
My richest family has 185,723 simoleons.

Mayor have more 196,383 simoleons but I cheated his family in order them to afford the mayor mansion.
Helptato
#11 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:17 AM
My old legacy family ended up with over 300,000 by gen 10.

An average Sim family has about 25,000. I give each new family 20,000 per adult/elder, 10,000 per teenager and 5,000 for each member of the family child age and under, plus 2,500 for each pet. This helps them afford houses- 20,000 for a family of 5 is not enough!

I'm also introducing a basic mortgage system- I "lend" a family enough for a house, and they pay back 1,000 per Sim week.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:49 AM
The Goth's have now over 300 000 § in family funds, but that is with Agnes moving in + selling their original house and buying a nice smaller one.
My legacy household has a bit over 70 000§ + her house that was 40 000 when I brought it.
Third richest guy has about 30 000 §.

I use hacks to make life harder, it's more fun that way, and you really appreciate your Sim's wealth more when it's been a struggle to get it up.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
The Goth's have now over 300 000 § in family funds, but that is with Agnes moving in + selling their original house and buying a nice smaller one.

Wrong forum?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:38 PM
The "head household" of my neighborhood has a bit over 4 mill; the two runners up have a little under a million each. The rest of the hood's got something between like only a few simoleans to whatever they've managed to accumulate through hard work. The three main families are meant to be filthy rich, so they got their money through the familyfunds cheat (*and* work, of course). They are also the biggest households with more than 8 family members, and go by different rules than the rest of the hood in every way.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:19 PM
Most any of my sims has had was about 130k.

I think it was a single parent with 3 kids and she had gone to college.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:41 PM Last edited by Yukkuri Shiteite ne : 7th Aug 2010 at 1:24 AM.
§10,000,7⑨⑨

Thats what you get from playing the the motherlode cheat :D
Instructor
#17 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:43 PM
Aah... yeah, those of us who use cheats shouldn't talk. I tend to use motherlode once so that a family can buy and furnish a house, and then let them earn their keep after that. A few times I've just created families that I wanted to be rich, and gave them hundreds of thousands of §.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:46 PM
I don't tend to use money cheats, because then I get bored playing the family! My richest family only has about §75,000 - I rarely stick with one family for more than one or two generations, unless I'm playing the Poverty Challenge, in which case they don't end up hugely rich anyway!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#19 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 6:40 PM
wickedblue, tuition started out as §20,000. It combined my interest in making sure that not everyone would get to go to Uni with my effort to prevent the game from generating money from nowhere when the student graduated. Over three generations, however, the families have generated enough wealth that I had to raise the amount. §32,500 = §20,000+the sum of all scholarships except, I think, the orphan fund. This better reflects that University actually costs something, since I also deduct §20,000 from a family's funds whenever someone moves out normally. If the family doesn't have §20K, then no one leaves unless they marry someone from another household.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 7:21 PM

Its low, but I like playing through the struggle part of my Sims' life. Once the struggles over, I simply move them, or something along that line.

What the Golden Army really was: Ginormous alarm clocks who wanted to kill you!
Instructor
#21 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:16 PM
My sims are all poor (richest anyone ever got was around 100k), but this is because I use Inge's morgage shrubs and MATY's No 20k Handout hacks. So I build houses they could never afford and pack the yard with 10k "loan" shrubs. It's fun to watch their net worth change to -45000 after a week or so.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
$500,000.... thank you, family funds!
I only do this if I need them to be in a certain lot for stories. I never really play my sims... it's mainly for making stories.

Mee Too! I always cheat to buy what they need. I mean, come on, why would I actually want to waste time sending them to jobs. I just make up their careers and pay them as I go along. All for the stories.
Alchemist
#23 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 3:47 PM
Oh, my Lady Gaga has 999999. No familyfunds. Really. :D

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:58 AM
My richest sim family have 1,300,000 without cheats. Of course they're now into the fourth generation in that house so the heirs don't need to buy much.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 22nd May 2014 at 3:25 PM
The richest family in my custom neighborhood have just over 200000. Its not that much, but hey, you don't need a millionaire in every single neighborhood.
Page 1 of 3