Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 4:09 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 4th Apr 2017 at 5:25 AM. Reason: more observations
Default Room acts like it's 2-1/2 tiles wide
I'm editing a lot I downloaded-"Hippie camp" from here--which was made with either Island Paradise or Into the Future, which I don't have. I'm editing to replace things that disappeared because I don't have the packs, and also to make things tailored to my taste--obviously not to share, just to fit it into my game.

I've run into a weird effect. There is a wall in the kitchen which is 3 tiles wide but only two tiles worth of furnishings can be put there, with a half-tile gap on one side and a tiny gap, not even a half-tile, on the other. I have tried different combinations of stove and counter, removing everything from the kitchen and returning it,and extending the foundation (which originally stopped one tile short of the house floor so that there was an overhang, something I've seen done before without trouble. The house builder had an odd assortment of things on that wall, which at first I thought was causing the situation, but after I removed them all I realized was a response to the situation instead.

Have you ever run into anything like this? What might cause it? I checked the length of the wall by drawing the wall tool through it and it is really 3 tiles wide. I also checked to make sure there are no doors or cabinets anywhere near. What else can I check?

edit: it's widespread but not universal on the lot, and it seems like it's most categories of furnishings: bathtubs can't snug to the wall but toilets can, and so on.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 8:18 AM
It would be helpful if you could link to the original download so that we can see if the creator used any mods, building techniques etc., and also if you could show us some screenshots of the affected area and the problems you are getting.
dodgy builder
#3 Old 4th Apr 2017 at 3:34 PM
Yes I searched, but couldn't find anything for sure.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 4:50 AM
Hi lucy
Do you mean Hippie Cottage by Johnny_Bravo? If so, I know he uses CFE frequently, and that might be an issue with renovations. He is a member of Mentoring4Builders, and a nice guy, so if it is his lot that you downloaded, I am sure he would be happy to help.

As simsample said, please post some pictures of where you are having the issue.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:25 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 8th Apr 2017 at 5:28 AM. Reason: left words out originally
So I finally got into the game to take pictures & I immediately saw where the problem lies--the rooms where I can't place things as I thought I should are all on the diagonal! I don't know why I didn't catch that before. I feel much better now that I know what's going on.

Got the name of the lot wrong, it's the hippie camp from Floraflora2's "Desert Living:" http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=588986

Floraflora2 is my favorite builder and I have been adapting her lots successfully for a while. There's nothing wrong with this loy, I just failed to notice I was dealing with diagonals.

Thanks everyone!