Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:58 PM Last edited by 3vo : 9th Apr 2011 at 4:48 AM.
Default Shifting TVs up and down the wall + NEW bonus question
Like the title states, is it possible to move TVs and other items like wall lamps and alarms up and down the walls? I can do it with paintings and the like, just not the above.

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 2:23 PM
Wall lamps already move up/down the wall just like paintings. There are mods out there to make mirrors move up/down so you might want to post in WCIF regarding TVs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:06 PM
Yeah, I actually just noticed that wall lamps work too, but only certain kinds. Certainly the ability should apply for all wall items but it just doesn't.

Is there any non-mod method? If not, I'll probably post in WCIF.

Thanks!
The other one
#4 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 3vo
Is there any non-mod method?
Acrostacking. There's a tutorial for it on this site under building tutorials (probably under misc) or you can go straight to The SimSupply for it since I think it was Flabaliki who discovered it in the first place. It works, I have a little old clock I bought from the official store that for some stupid reason can only be placed on the floor (WTF EA?!) so every time I use it I use acrostacking to get it to sit in the centre of the fireplace mantle

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 7:29 PM
Blasphemy! Twas QBuilderz. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=361359

I have only one (might be two) wall light that won't move up/down, one from WA. If you have more than one, check to make sure you don't have any other mods for lights that would be preventing this. Any type of recategorizor/add/subtract stencils type mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 4:48 AM
Alright, thanks for the advice guys!

Just a bonus question so I don't spam this forum up with other topics; Is it possible to get
a 2-tiled door to center on 3 tiles? I can do that perfectly fine with any other buy mode/fireplaces, so I'm just wondering if there's a way to do it with doors.
Instructor
#7 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 3vo
Alright, thanks for the advice guys!

Just a bonus question so I don't spam this forum up with other topics; Is it possible to get
a 2-tiled door to center on 3 tiles? I can do that perfectly fine with any other buy mode/fireplaces, so I'm just wondering if there's a way to do it with doors.

No. Not as far as I know. You would have to make a custom 3-tiled door that looks exactly like the 2-tile door you want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 5:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
No. Not as far as I know. You would have to make a custom 3-tiled door that looks exactly like the 2-tile door you want.

Oh darn, thought so.

Thanks anyway guys!
The other one
#9 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
Blasphemy! Twas QBuilderz.

Oops! I stand corrected, sorry QBuilderz

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller