Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 3:37 AM Last edited by Charmful : 12th Jan 2017 at 6:06 AM.
Default [SOLVED] SimPE: Figuring out how to enable YA and Teen use on current Adult-only accessory
EDIT: Sorry I realized I posted in the wrong area, could a Mod please move this to the body shop meshing/modding forum? Thanks!
SOLUTION: I used this video tutorial to see how to do it. Very easy actually and not a long manual process like I thought it would be.

I have an accessory that will only show up in the adult accessory catalog/on for sims, however I see there are references to YA and Elder in the re-color/skin packages and I don't know for certain where or how they are disabled therefore preventing the accessory from being seen in game on YA and Elder, and I would like to have teens use it too.

First, I fiddled around with the mesh overlay section and just changed all age references in there to 62 (because that is the added number of all age references teen-elder). In game, that allowed the accessory to show up for a YA as a selection but it was not actually showing when applied to a YA as an accessory. I tried the same number on the mesh file and no dice. I played around with linking references too but I probably did that wrong.

So to compare, I opened up an accessory that I knew for certain could be seen on teen-elder in game but just am sort of lost on how to get it to show up. Am I even looking at the right files to make these changes?

Here is a comparison of the skin/re-color 3D index files with the package I want to enable on the left and the one that works for teen-elder on the right

Here is a comparison of the sin/recolor Mesh Overlay files with the package I want to enable on the left and the one that works for teen-elder on the right

Here is a comparison of the mesh file with the package I want to enable on the left and the one that works for teen-elder on the right

I have a feeling that the issue lies within the mesh file, since the one I want to enable has so few in comparison. I'm trying to wrap my head around it, I'm pretty novice in SimPe, so any direction would be very appreciated!

Thanks!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.