Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 4:40 PM
Default Aside from the obvious, what are your favorite mods that give " some personality"?
Edited to apologize for messing up the links. I'll fix soon-ish,

I love @PolarbearSims "http://modthesims.info/d/594573/hav...ity-please.html " of course.. but I've been discovering so many more cool ways to make my sims more quirky and unique. It's compatible with Roburky's https://roburky.itch.io/sims4-meaningful-stories and a great combo. I loved the concept of this mod so much that I did the whole patreon thing to get early access to it. I won't describe those two much, because I'm going to assume that those are so popular, most folk know about them.

But I wanted to shout out to a new one I just added to that mix -- Triplis' https://triplis.github.io/mods/lock-skills.html It seems to have all the skills, including hidden ones. I lock certain skills based on the sims' traits now. Example -- a clumsy sim of mine will never learn to dance properly or use chopsticks thanks to this mod. My squeamish sims won't learn to eat spicy food (I know many squeamish people don't mind spicy food, but there are more than a few squeamish folk who refuse to eat spicy "weird" food.)

Sometimes I just give them a locked skill to make them more interesting, regardless of traits. I love locking musical talents -- not all at one, but a mix. Like.. the piano skill.. I have a sim who can peck out a few tunes and isn't terrible, but he's barely mediocre. I have a terrible singer sim and I make her go to ALL the Karaoke nights. I have a sim who is hyperfocused tech geek. She is bad at just about everything except stuff on the computer. Her cooking skill is locked at 2. and almost always makes food so bad, everyone feels uncomfortable after eating.

So, what games make your sims unique? I'm not too interested in bug fixing or general "make the game better" things right now, but feel free to share. I'd REALLY like to hear about mods that make your sims stand out as individuals or make you more attached to them -- whatever.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:17 PM
are the mods compatible with mcc?
Instructor
#3 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
are the mods compatible with mcc?

Polarbearsims mods are compatible with MCCC. I've used them in the past. I would check out her mod pages and the list information about compatibility with MCCC and her personality please mod.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 12:08 AM
Both are compatible. MCCC fixes so many things in my game, that I don't play the game without it. If any mod conflicts with MCCC, its gone. Deadderpool's suite is SO popular, most modders know to work around it (probably because they use it too.)
--

Even though this doesn't do much with specific sims, Coolspear's World Sim Control mods add a LOT of depth to the game. It doesn't do a lot to the individual sims, but its AMAZING at making the venues natural and realistic. It's almost like the venues become characters with their own personalities.

I know ZERO about scripting, so I'll probably mangle and bungle up the explanation. He reworked how venues work. Instead of having just a bartender, *all* the sims on the lot except the ones you are currently playing will have a specific assigned role, and they all behave in specific ways, rather than milling around and playing with whatever's the most fun item on the lot. I think the sims who are at the venue are selected based on their traits,, but I'm not sure how it works.

Example: Without mods, My Granite Falls is pretty desolate. A camp ranger comes by once in a while. A few sims wander in, stand around doing nothing. They leave very shortly after I start talking to them.. GRRR! With Coolspeares mods: Granite falls is a fun active place. There are scout troups, hikers, partiers, and I forget what else. But instead of standing around wondering what to do, they go about performing their roles, doing stuff that probably earns scout badges, dancing around the campfire and more,..It feels like you're in a campground and not in a place that looks like a campground but feels more than a bit sterile.

The sims seem more real, and "smarter"... And this is the ONLY set of mods that manages to STOP random townies generating (that's currently up to date.) Even though that's not the specific purpose of the mod, that's exactly what it does -- and beautifully.

There are several other things you can do to customize how the venues work and which sims show up. I haven't yet figured out exactly what they all are, or how to do them. His mods tend to do so many things that it takes a while to really dig up all the goodies in there. And fair warning -- a few -- the World Control Mods included -- have some very specific rules about installing. Wlen you create a brand new gamesave, for the first time, You have to put in a temporary file, open the game, do a few in game actions, then save, close out the game and delete the mod. Only then do you install the permanent mod that will do the fun stuff/ (It will make sense once you do it. And it's worth it. )

. Coolspear is a seriously creative genius with his mods. He thinks of the game mechanics in a very unusual way. He has a bazillion mods -- too many to list the highlights. Scroll through. You'll find mods you never knew you wanted or needed until you see them listed. His descriptions of them can be cryptic. Sometimes I download stuff that I'm not sure exactly what it does, I just play with it and see what goodies I find.

You have to be careful, at times, because many of his mods will do several different things -- which means there are many tunings -- which means lots of opportunities for mod conflicts. Usually, its not a hard choice -- I keep Coolspears, But sometimes, I fret over it. Two great mods that don't play together. And as far as I can tell, no conflicts with MCCC.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 12:54 AM
I'll add (I do love roburky's mods and triplis' trait mods). I"m assuming you mean personality to the sim people, in that case:

I like Kawaiistacie's Slide of Life mod . It adds more buffs and facial add-ons like blush and pimples. Say your sim is embarrassed they'll blush.

I also like zerbu's experience mod . I dunno it just makes sense for a sim to get sad if they've been sad a lot in the past. As if they were thinking back on a sad moment. It's all I got since Sims4 doesn't have a good memory system

I know you said outside of the obvious but: Sacrificial , even tho he's known for the violence mod, Life's Drama makes the townies look like they have lives kinda.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 5:28 AM
I keep wanting to try sacrificials drama mod. I keep forgetting to try it for some reason. I have a sinking feeling that it won’t play well with Coolspears World Control mods. Any mods that set up roles or rules for venues ... not a good combo..

I also want to try kawaiistacis room mate mod. That one looks really fun.

I love zerbu’s idea for the experience mod. I tried it and it worked really well. But I removed it because I Do lots of challenges that make my sims very poor most if the time. Zerbu has a feature that poor sims frequently get sad moodlets simply because they are poor. My poor sims become grandmaster champions of sorrow, and then they get stuck feeling sad nearly all the time.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 3:46 PM
I looked into World Control. But yeah it looks like it's a lot of work to get it up and running.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I looked into World Control. But yeah it looks like it's a lot of work to get it up and running.

Yeah, it can be daunting. If you want "lighter" but similar experience, you might try Sims4me (bienchen?) https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/
Her site is in german, but there's an english translation right under the original german. She's got just about as many mods as coolspear does. They do all different things. I believe almost all her mods are XML .

I wish they didn't conflict, because there are some features I absolutely adore in her twist on controlling the venues. She includes sweet touches like this -- I think she hand selects outfits to approve and disaprove of at certain events. Like that love festival in City living -- everyone wears floral or pastel clothing when they attend (its a flavor, not manditory) If I knew how to do anything with XML, I'd edit Coolspear's mods to add the stuff I like best from Sims4me so I could have both (I wouldn't release it.. it would be just for me.)

I picked Coolspear World control over bienchen's mods that do similar things after a long time. It was a hard choice and I went with my gut. I would never for a minute say Coolspear's mods are better than hers. They are just different and I am sure many peopls would prefer hers for the same reasons. Once again, forgive me if I bungle up terms or misundertand how her mods work. Instead of tweaking with whatever coolspear tweaked, she focuses on changing attraction scores on certain objects and making sims with certain traits more or less attracted to using them. It has a similar effect on the world. I just thought coolspears had a SLIGHTLY more polished looking final product. (and he updates faster.. not a complaint to her, but that's a factor)

She has tons of mods that have nothing to do with venues -- I use dozens of them, I think. She's another modder you can just scroll around and see all the different things. Every now and then you'll see one and think "I never thought about it.. but yeah.. that one thing the sims do DOES kinda annoy me. This mod fixes it. Cool!"
Field Researcher
#9 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 11:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
Yeah, it can be daunting. If you want "lighter" but similar experience, you might try Sims4me (bienchen?) https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/
Her site is in german, but there's an english translation right under the original german. She's got just about as many mods as coolspear does. They do all different things. I believe almost all her mods are XML .

I wish they didn't conflict, because there are some features I absolutely adore in her twist on controlling the venues. She includes sweet touches like this -- I think she hand selects outfits to approve and disaprove of at certain events. Like that love festival in City living -- everyone wears floral or pastel clothing when they attend (its a flavor, not manditory) If I knew how to do anything with XML, I'd edit Coolspear's mods to add the stuff I like best from Sims4me so I could have both (I wouldn't release it.. it would be just for me.)

I picked Coolspear World control over bienchen's mods that do similar things after a long time. It was a hard choice and I went with my gut. I would never for a minute say Coolspear's mods are better than hers. They are just different and I am sure many peopls would prefer hers for the same reasons. Once again, forgive me if I bungle up terms or misundertand how her mods work. Instead of tweaking with whatever coolspear tweaked, she focuses on changing attraction scores on certain objects and making sims with certain traits more or less attracted to using them. It has a similar effect on the world. I just thought coolspears had a SLIGHTLY more polished looking final product. (and he updates faster.. not a complaint to her, but that's a factor)

She has tons of mods that have nothing to do with venues -- I use dozens of them, I think. She's another modder you can just scroll around and see all the different things. Every now and then you'll see one and think "I never thought about it.. but yeah.. that one thing the sims do DOES kinda annoy me. This mod fixes it. Cool!"

I might give it a shot. I did get a few of coolspear's mods that fixes some silly EAxis stuff. I'm doing a run with some other personality enhancers aswell.