Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 22nd Jul 2008 at 6:43 PM
ok, i don't have adobe photoshop. so what should i do?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 12:57 AM
Thank you! Now I know how to recolour things.
Forum Resident
#253 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheWizardofodd12
ok, i don't have adobe photoshop. so what should i do?

This tutorial doesn't use Adobe Photoshop. It uses GIMP 2.0 which is available free on the internet, As Faylen said. Just Google/Yahoo Gimp 2.0 and you will find a site that has it for free download. Download and install that and then this tutorial will work fine for you.

~Dj

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#254 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 5:38 PM
Default I Need Help :(
i'm really new in this site and i need help i have photoshop CS3,ok?but when i opened tutorialdress there were nothing in it
although i chose"all formats" but my photoshop didnt open the BMP files
please help me

btw as i said its the first time ive come to this site and im
Test Subject
#255 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 12:47 AM
Hmm, my sims game is on the way in the mail.
I'll be sure to try that on GIMP. I don't have photoshop anymore.

And to add designs, can you draw/add brushes on the clothing?

~~Linda
Test Subject
#256 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dj Music
This tutorial doesn't use Adobe Photoshop. It uses GIMP 2.0 which is available free on the internet, As Faylen said. Just Google/Yahoo Gimp 2.0 and you will find a site that has it for free download. Download and install that and then this tutorial will work fine for you.

~Dj

thanks alot :D
Test Subject
#257 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 5:28 AM
umm i have GIMP and when i get to the part that i have to open the file in projects well for one when i click on the folder in GIMP it doesnt have any files listed in the EA folder and it wont let me copy and paste it from my regular document folder. Whats up with that?
Test Subject
#258 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 5:33 AM
oh and also [srry for not including this in my previous post]

where do you get the original Sims 2 Expansion Pack if there is such a thing? ive been wanting to download the Naruto character Sims and i cant find the expansion pack that im suppose to have for them.

Help me out im desperate
Forum Resident
#259 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xGunZx666
umm i have GIMP and when i get to the part that i have to open the file in projects well for one when i click on the folder in GIMP it doesnt have any files listed in the EA folder and it wont let me copy and paste it from my regular document folder. Whats up with that?

Are you doing this? File --> Open -- > My Documents --> EA Games --> The Sims 2 --> Projects --> *File Name*

Quote: Originally posted by xGunZx666
oh and also [srry for not including this in my previous post]

where do you get the original Sims 2 Expansion Pack if there is such a thing? ive been wanting to download the Naruto character Sims and i cant find the expansion pack that im suppose to have for them.

Help me out im desperate

First off, This is off topic. It has nothing to do with this tutorial. Just remember that for in future, A Moderator will be more serious about the warning, I'm just letting you know.

The 'Original Sims 2 Expansion Pack' is 'The Sims 2' The Base game. Some people call it the Original, For unknown reasons.

~Dj

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#260 Old 9th Aug 2008 at 11:02 AM
thanks for the tutorial

Thanks yall for helping me out with my Sims 2 addiction... Wait a second yall are just adding to it :)
Test Subject
#261 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 4:08 PM
tyvm
Faylen

I really must tell you how thankful I am for this.
I've recoloured for England and I'm really proud.

I love the way you set this out in so much simplicity. I understood it well! I even recoloured some hair by using this technique, with a little bit of difference.

I'm getting the hang of it, so thankyou very much. (:

- Lois.
Lab Assistant
#262 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 9:22 AM
? i dont get it i did every thing correctly but when i refreshed the preview stayed the same ?

it made a copy of the file so it didnt change the original outfit . im useing photoshop adobe cs3 extended.
Lab Assistant
#263 Old 18th Aug 2008 at 6:26 PM
Thank you for this tutorial. It is very easy to follow.

www.spazshare.com Free image hosting Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I feel like a banana.
Test Subject
#264 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 6:59 PM
I Just Wanted to say if you don't have adobe photoshop, download free trial from adobe .com!
Forum Resident
#265 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hellosexy
? i dont get it i did every thing correctly but when i refreshed the preview stayed the same ?

it made a copy of the file so it didnt change the original outfit . im useing photoshop adobe cs3 extended.

You must be clicking 'Save As' That will save a new copy. Just click Save or hold CTRL and S. Then it should work.

Quote: Originally posted by saida2323
I Just Wanted to say if you don't have adobe photoshop, download free trial from adobe .com!

Yes, You can download the free trial, But it only lasts 30 days and after that you cannot use it anymore.

~L

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Test Subject
#266 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 2:04 AM
Yay! I made a light blue dress! Very good tutorial. Easy to follow. Thanks!
Test Subject
#267 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 12:59 AM
such a helpful tut thanks soo much x
Test Subject
#268 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:41 PM
Yay now I can recolour stuff so thanks for the tutorial. Unfortuneately my sims bodyshop won't allow me to export anything. How retarded is that?

I'll upload something soon, just need my bodyshop to stop spazzing! WHY won't it let me save?
Forum Resident
#269 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SarahJadey
Yay now I can recolour stuff so thanks for the tutorial. Unfortuneately my sims bodyshop won't allow me to export anything. How retarded is that?

What error message do you get?

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Lab Assistant
#270 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 2:51 AM
Thank you very much for your tutorial!
Test Subject
#271 Old 13th Nov 2008 at 9:46 AM
Thank You Faylen for such a brilliant tutorial. I am so very very grateful to you. I couldn't make clothes for so very long.
So Thanks
Test Subject
#272 Old 17th Nov 2008 at 5:58 AM
ATTENTION PSP USERS:

You will need to save differently.

1. Recolor as desired.
2. Perform SAVE AS.
Choose name.
Click OPTIONS.
Select RGB in the Encoding group box. NOT RLE.

BMP (Bitmap) is the native image format for the Windows series and OS/2 operating systems. It provides Run Length Encoding (RLE), though some instances that require the use of bitmaps do not allow the RLE versions. It does not support transparency or layers.

RLE (Run Length Encoding) is a compression method that reduces file size by compressing repetitive information. RLE gains about 25% compression rate with layered images and is only slightly slower than not using any compression.

The problem is that the game does not like PSP RLE compression. SO DON'T USE IT!

For a clothing recolour a file size of 3,073k is correct. Anything else does not work properly. You will get a jet black recolor instead.

Hope this helps.

VeraLutzio

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
- Albert Einstein
Test Subject
#273 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 7:26 PM
I cant see the pictures.. I just shows an x.... ?? Is it something to do with my settings
Test Subject
#274 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 11:09 PM
Thanks for this tutorial, it was so easy to understand and clear, if i new re-coloring was so easy i would have tried it before!
Test Subject
#275 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 1:51 AM
Faylen,
Thank you so very much for your tutorial. I'm just starting to learn how to create custom content, so I appreciate you "breaking it down shotgun style" and explaining in detail what all I had to do, step by step. This helped me to not get lost along the way, and very quickly I found myself making a good assortment of T-Shirts.
Every T-shirt I made I started off making for adult females. If I'd like to offer it to men and women of all ages, do I have to create one for each, or is there another way to go about getting that result before I upload? I've looked through your next tutorial, and don't see anything on the subject
Page 11 of 15