Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 4:52 PM Last edited by BrightKainna : 29th Oct 2018 at 4:51 PM.
[SOLVED] Fixing CC tubs for toddlers
I have several excellent CC tubs (thanks again modders!) that work fine for my sims, but not for toddlers. This is not the old baby privacy bug - it works fine when I swap in a base game tub in the same place.

The radial menu for the tub will show bath and bubble bath for toddlers, both for toddler asking for bath and for adults to give. However when i select them no actions get generated for the simes.. When an adult clicks on the toddler and goes to the Toddler Care radial the bath/bubble bath options are greyed out with "A tub is required".

I've noticed some other CC tubs that mention they don't work for toddlers. I've never modded Sims before but am willing to learn. Is there something I can do to update CC tubs to allow toddlers to use them? I love the looks and appreciate the hard work that went into creating them.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 9:27 PM
This has been up for a few days without comment, is there any additional information I should provide? Screenshots of the radial menus? Exact list of CC?

Or is this just something that there is no straightforward fix for?

Thanks!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 4:44 PM
Do you have Sims 4 Studio?
You could clone a base game tub and check what Tags it has and then compare them to the CC to see if the CC has any missing.
If you use the My Projects button to open the CC then any changes you make will be saved over the original CC so make sure you have backups in case you need them.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Do you have Sims 4 Studio?
You could clone a base game tub and check what Tags it has and then compare them to the CC to see if the CC has any missing.
If you use the My Projects button to open the CC then any changes you make will be saved over the original CC so make sure you have backups in case you need them.

Good idea! I checked and besides color information the only tags the base game tub that I verified works has is Shower and Tub. I checked the CC and it's the same.

I tried removing those from all swatches, saving, and readding them to all swatches and resaving. Going to go dive it a try but I don't have a toddler handy any more so might take me a bit. Definitely worth a shot, thanks.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 8:59 PM
Report back: that did it! I removed the Shower and Tub tags using Sims 4 Studio, applied to all swatches and saved. Then I added them back, applied to all swatches, and saved again.

Giving a toddler a bath right now.

Thanks!