Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 2:43 AM Last edited by veronica55 : 31st Jul 2017 at 4:33 AM.
Default How to get rid of Sims 4 Buy mode catalogue "new" stuff stars...
So I was searching to find a way to get rid of those stars. Because I frequently clear my documents - sims 4 file cache, I didn't know which file kept the information about those new item stars so I was pretty hopeless. Anyways, I finally found a great solution and works 100% and wanted to share it here. It is the "ReticulatedSplinesView" file.

Here this person in this link explains how to do it. Pretty simple, anyone can do it.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4...uck/m-p/5014388
(see "elelunicy"s post)

Quote:
For anyone who wants to fix this by yourself:
1. Locate your "ReticulatedSplinesView" file in your "The Sims 4" folder (the same place for your mods folder)
2. Open the file with a hex editor (I use HxD which is free)
3. Search for "1D 10 01" and replace them all with "1D 10 04" (datetype is hex-values)
4. Save the file and start your game; the new item highlighting that was previously stuck should be gone

Doing this will remove all "new item" stars from your game catalogue instantly, both in CAS and buy mode.

And after I did this, I noticed a huge performance difference in my game. It used to take a bit long to switch between live mode and buy mode in game. Now as the stars gone, it's fast and smooth.
Untouched bulk items with new stars, definitely slow down the loading of the item catalogue. Now I'm free of them ! So yay!!

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?