Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1281
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 5289 (Who?), Viewed: 170892 times.
Search this Thread
Old 17th Jan 2018, 7:34 PM #5276
quycksylver
Test Subject

It never really occurred to me before today, but...why on earth are zombies immortal? If anything, it seems like they should they should have a shorter life span than regular sims because they're basically, well, rotting meat--well past their expiration date.
Old 17th Jan 2018, 8:21 PM #5277
Orphalesion
Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by quycksylver
It never really occurred to me before today, but...why on earth are zombies immortal? If anything, it seems like they should they should have a shorter life span than regular sims because they're basically, well, rotting meat--well past their expiration date.

I think it's because they aren't the standard, icky virus zombies, but instead they are magical zombies created with the involvement/in defiance of the Grim Reaper himself. So they are Sims revived as partially rotten corpses doomed to walk this earth forever, hence why they also have a free will and all.
Old 17th Jan 2018, 8:54 PM #5278
ihatemandatoryregister
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Dunno why, but sometimes 'Bare Bones' makes me cry.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Old 17th Jan 2018, 8:54 PM #5279
alljoj
Forum Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
...So they are Sims revived as partially rotten corpses doomed to walk this earth forever, hence why they also have a free will and all.

When you phrase it that way, that is dark.

ya mum
Old 17th Jan 2018, 9:15 PM #5280
Rosawyn
Theorist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister

I can see that. It kinda...captures the innocence and hope of the game, I think.
Old 17th Jan 2018, 11:00 PM #5281
frogz2007
Scholar

1 Achievements

Paintings are ridiculous in regards to how much fun it gives to a Sim..
Old 17th Jan 2018, 11:33 PM #5282
SneakyWingPhoenix
Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
Man, The Sims 2 is hardcore, because it's the only series that has helicopters.

Am I honestly surprise they didn't include them in later games and not many beg for those taking a return. Really, helicopters are dope.
Old 18th Jan 2018, 12:44 AM #5283
Aliena
Test Subject

The sims 2 actually allows my sims to reach the top of their career before they get old. I haven't really reached that goal with any sim in ts3 or ts4.

Time is so scarce in the latest two games, but ts2 actually allow your sims to get through the day without feeling you barely had time for a few activities.

Oh, and restaurants: They actually bring your food out in a reasonable time. I remember spending no less than 3 hours in a ts4 restaurant, waiting for the food. Extra waiting time if the waiter drops it!.
Old 18th Jan 2018, 1:53 AM #5284
Rosawyn
Theorist

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliena
Oh, and restaurants: They actually bring your food out in a reasonable time. I remember spending no less than 3 hours in a ts4 restaurant, waiting for the food.

I did that in ts2 the first time I installed Nightlife and tried to have sims eat at a restaurant! I don't know what the deal was, exactly, because this was years ago and I have hundreds more mods in my game now, but I distinctly remember my sims throwing a fit because they were starving as they waited for the food that didn't seem to be coming! Restaurants work fine in ts2 for me now, but of course my sims are hardly ever hungry when they're out and about, so I'm mostly just having them dine out to fulfill wants.

On the rest of it, though, I think the main reason why we're not so strapped for time in ts2 is that we can pretty much get as much extra time as we ever would want by just going to community lots.
Old 18th Jan 2018, 3:48 AM #5285
Annorah
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister

Aaaaaah, I am not the only one! Well, the song does not make my eyes water, but every time I stop playing because of real life and I come back two years later with my mind at ease, this is the song that makes me realise how much I have missed this game. It feels like coming home. I am going to label the reason as nostalgia and fondness, I guess.
Old 18th Jan 2018, 9:17 PM #5286
Phantomknight
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
Same house. I haven't used aging off and I noticed the kids got older... I should probably check closely next time to make sure everyone else is actually aging, even the adults, but I'm pretty sure they do. It's a residential lot. I have used life elixir on another adult female (her mother who is still in the process of getting 10 children), but not on this sim.

It's the aging bonuses! That's my theory anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
I also have a problem with never being able to get older adults pregnant, even after using elixir of life, I always have to force it with insimenator. (I view it as artificial insemination, it's kind of realistic anyway :P) Maybe it has something to do with ACR or a hack after all? I also can't get pets pregnant except by insimenator. But this is the first ever immortal sim so...

It is ACR! Or rather, the combo of ACR and Inteen--which is what I have and why I recognize the problem. You'll know that ACR is the issue if, when you click for your sim's stats on the ACR controller, your sim's fertility chance is at 0, even though they are still an adult (and more than 5 days away from aging into an elder). So, if you have a mod alongside ACR that is affecting when sims can get pregnant like Inteen or a YAs can get pregnant mod, then you need to edit ACR's fertility curve and add more days to its fertility curve. The pets, though--no idea.

Oh, and ihate, Makeover is the song that does that for me, though the TS2 theme (I think it's the NL one) also gets some teary-eyed nostaglia. I really love the soundtrack for TS2 and to this day I'm still miffed that EA had the audacity to use the AL theme to market TS3. But, idk, maybe it's time to let that one go...

"This is subtracting from my arts and crafts time."
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Old Yesterday, 5:13 PM #5287
omglo
Top Secret Researcher

That SimsFileShare heart is so useful. You can use it to show appreciation, and you can use it to keep track of what you've downloaded so you don't accidentally grab it again.
Old Yesterday, 5:14 PM #5288
Pideli
Field Researcher

6 Achievements

Oh yes, that could be it, she is one of the happier sims, constantly in platinum mood. Good theory. I'll see if she ages eventually. Maybe I should wait with the elf ears.

And okay so they should still be able to get pregnant with the usual method? That's all I'm using... so I dunno. But thanks for the help. Not a huge issue, I can always use the good ol' microwave.
Old Yesterday, 7:33 PM #5289
MattieOReilly
Field Researcher

3 Achievements

ACR's Fertility curve doesn't affect any kind of try for baby that is not ACR's try for baby. If you're using just maxis objects (Beds, hot tub, car, closet etc) and the basic try for baby, ACR doesn't get involved at all. Inteen, if you have that, may I think make it harder for older sims to get pregnant, and there's a base game blanket ban on females with five or less days left before aging getting pregnant.
Old Today, 12:23 AM #5290
DezzyBoo
Scholar

2 Achievements

Do you ever load a new hood you haven't played before, and when you enter a house, you ever feel like you're entering a stranger's home?

Like, who are these people?

Section jump: