Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 9:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Bonehilda wanders off!
I got Bonehilda for my family, mostly to be able to leave children alone without calling a babysitter but also of course to do chores. However, I find that she keeps leaving the lot! At first she'd glitch out entirely to the point where if a sim tried to dismiss her, the sim would kinda reset and there would still be a "dismiss" option for her coffin. I sold and repurchased the coffin, with the same result. Third time it's working, but Bonehilda leaves the lot and I don't know what to do! There are still plenty of unfinished chores that she ignores (stinky plates in the kitchen and such), and while idle she's meant to just return to her coffin, right? Even the Sims wiki page says she's not supposed to leave the lot, and yet that is almost the first thing she does when I summon her! I know she is able to get into the house so that's no issue, she'll usually do one chore before leaving. I can get her back by dismissing her (though she takes a long time to return since she's wandered far away) and then summon her again, as opposed to before when I could no longer dismiss her. Nevertheless she is clearly malfunctioning and it's really annoying! Interestingly, though, it still seems to count as if she's on my lot, both now and with previous copies that vanished and couldn't be dismissed, because my adult sim could still leave the children alone in the house as if Bonehilda was there. Anyone know what's up with this and how to fix it?

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 9:38 PM
Update: I followed Bonehilda the last time she wandered off, she walked all the way to behind the vampire lounge Plasma 501. And there were also a bunch of other sims congregating, which I found extremely strange! They weren't doing anything, just standing there. I usually have a hard time even finding other sims around town (despite having a quite well-populated town thanks to Story Progression) but now a bunch of people are hanging around behind Plasma 501 in the early afternoon for no apparent reason? Is something there drawing all the sims, even Bonehilda? This feels increasingly mysterious!
Screenshots

English is not my native language, please forgive (and/or politely correct) any grammatical errors!
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 9:49 PM
because the girl needs a break?

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 10:32 PM
Upon further research this seems to having nothing to do with Bonehilda herself, but rather with this issue:
https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/...unity-lots.html
My adult sim is an actress and that seems to be what's causing the issue. However, I do not know how to fix it. The link above said that bulldozing the lot might help, but I don't want to lose that lot and also I've seen people saying that doesn't work. Same thing with the suggestion of getting the Overwatch mod to help, some people say it doesn't work. Is there any way to, like, reset the actress' work opportunities or something like that, in order to make this problem go away? Hell, at this point I'd prefer to just find a way to disable the work opportunities altogether so it won't happen again, I don't really do them anyway!

Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 11:47 PM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:00 AM.
I think the point of bulldozing the lot is to save it down to the bin first and replace it with a copy afterwards. But even if that is effective, it won't necessarily prevent the issue from coming up again later or on a different community lot.

As NRaas Overwatch has already been mentioned as having a solution for this issue, or at least for the wandering Bonehildas, my suggestion would be to give the mod a try. If it doesn't work or you don't like it for other reasons, it is a Script Mod and is totally removable. But you may find that the mod provides more benefits than annoyances even if it doesn't completely fix this particular problem.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I think the point of bulldozing the lot is to save it down to the bin first and replace it with a copy afterwards. But even if that is effective, it won't necessarily prevent the issue from coming up again later or on a different community lot.

As NRaas Overwatch has already been mentioned as having a solution for this issue, or at least for the wandering Bonehildas, my suggestion would be to give the mod a try. If it doesn't work or you don't like it for other reasons, it is a Script Mod and is totally removable. But you may find that the mod provides more benefits than annoyances even if it doesn't completely fix this particular problem.

Yeah, thanks, I might try getting Overwatch later to see if that helps. For now I just tried bulldozing the lot, including the actual lot itself and not just the contents since I've read on forums that sims will otherwise just keep flocking to the empty lot. Haven't been playing for that long since I did it but so far it seems to be working, Bonehilda is staying home and no other sims are going to that lot anymore. Though of course it's probably just a matter of time before it happens again. Also I could not fully restore the lot, as it was a size 52x52 which you cannot place and a 64x64 was too big, so I replaced Plasma 501 in a different location and added another community lot from the library to where it used to be just so it wouldn't be empty.

So I guess if anyone else has the problem of sims flocking to one lot and finds this forum when googling the issue... Bulldozing the whole thing does seem to fix the issue at least temporarily, but it will likely arise again with a new lot when another job opportunity comes along.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 4:37 AM
Certainly not the critical issue here, but this is how one might wish to place an odd sized lot footprint like 52x52.
http://modthesims.info/d/471164/add...01-16-2014.html