Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#176 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ManaBanana
Haha its coming along... ;D

Getting harder and harder as I get along though. X_X

Ah, yes... >: I know how that goes... it's a real pain sometimes, all the set building, lag, finding nice animations, sims that refuse to listen... 8D Even though I feel really fed up with it at times, when I look back at it, I realise that it was actually loads of fun too. So, good luck! I'll be looking forward to reading! n_n

Quote: Originally posted by Emina
Whaa..?! Nooo! Wait, does it mean you will never write the extra or you'll write it when your game is fixed?
Btw you could try deleting groups.cache, possibly Accessory.cache too and removing custom content. Just to mention

Thankies, I'll try that! Well, at first I thought I couldn't write the extra anymore at all, since I decided to delete my error-filled story hood. But I just realised I still have most of the sims in bodyshop, so I should be able to put them in another hood! Hadn't thought of that before, I'm so slow -facepalm- 8D I'll get started straight away. :3 Will keep you updated.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Advertisement
#177 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 6:05 PM
Cheers to that! I was (and still am) so looking forwards to extra! As for custom content, I meant only hacks, because it'd be really strange if a makeup clashed with GUIDs :D
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 2:38 AM
My first reaction was "No Mei Lin! Wait, the epilogue's next? WTF?"
But I really liked the ending! I'm looking forward to the extra chapter. ^^
#179 Old 14th Jun 2008 at 4:35 PM
You really have done a great job in this story.. it's really interesting, especially when the girl crawled out under the bed (gives me chivers up my spline).. love the story!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#180 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 9:15 PM
Thank you guys... n__n

But I have to bring bad news once again...

Today I stupidly downloaded something bad... then, my whole computer was infected with trojans, worms, spyware, and whatnot... so I had no choice but to format my hard drive and lose all my stuff. I spent 7 hours trying to save it, but I couldn't.

So... my game is gone, all my sims, my files, stories, everything... TT__TT -feels sad about it- Even the sims I made for my new story are deleted. Which makes me feel even worse, because I loved them a lot. >:

I will try to remake them in the future I think, though for now, I won't reinstall the sims for a while, I'm too bummed out u__u;

Hope you'll forgive me... ;A;

Top Secret Researcher
#181 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 12:12 PM
NOOOOO!!!!!

So this is completed, isn't it? But I was really hoping for the extra chapter! Oh well, good ending. Sorry for the bad news.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#182 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:40 PM
Yep... completed, forever. ;__; I still have Mei-Lin, Keiko, Rush and Ali saved... but that's it. So I'm just going to give up this time... really sucks, because the Extra was about half way done. But it's all gone now.

I'll just write about the outlines of what I had reserved for the Extra here. >:

I let the three dead guys be the narrators. They were originally made to be some sort of, ehh, comic relief for the story, but I never really had time to add them in. The Extra explained a bit about their pasts, how they died.

Margueritte was a victim of her husband's abuse. Eventually she killed him and hung herself. Even in death, she hated men. 8D She always bullied the other two dead guys.

Eiji (the dark-skinned one, I always forget who's who too) was some sort of assassin who got murdered in the end.

Eugene was driven over by the school-bus when crossing the road... xD So he has a huge fear of trucks and big cars. He's very close to Eiji.

After that, I wanted to show a bit about their current lives in the real world (I made a beautiful, jungle-ish lot, yay for castaway things for TS2). How they stole other people's eyes (since they had none). And some bits of Nathaniel and Ali's lives, their kids etc. Rush looked after them until they reached adulthood, then he became terribly sick of heartache and missing Mei-Lin, and died. He went to Heaven though, not Hell, where Mei-Lin and Co are. Poor Rush. >:

In the end I was intending to add some funny facts. Like how Keiko was bugged once, and spent the entire time fuming, growling and clenching her fists. And how it almost always rained while I was shooting. I'm sure it rained like 95% of the time.

That's it I think... It was supposed to be quite long. -beats up the person who created the Trojan- TT__TT

Top Secret Researcher
#183 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:25 PM
Oh well--time to stop hoping for a third Mei Lin :D

Anyways, those guys had some bad endings to them, don't they? But i like this little tidbits of info--at leasts it ties up those loose ends.

Sorry again for the trojan, and one again, VERY nice story!
#184 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:53 PM
I reject to stop hoping for the Extra Could you simply write it in Notepad or something, then upload it somewhere for us to read? Who cares for pictures!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#185 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 12:11 PM
1306: Hehe, yep! What can I say, I'm a big lover of drama. 8D So I just had to think of awful deaths for the three. Thank you very much! :D

Emina: Yes, I can definitely do that! Good idea! :B I should be able to do that quite fast, it's always the pictures that take hours to make.

#186 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 8:24 PM
Yay and triple yay! Thanks a lot, Dorka! *dances around the room*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#187 Old 21st Jun 2008 at 8:26 PM
No problem! :valentine <3

I've already written 2 pages! :D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#188 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 10:17 AM
Default Extra { part one }
Here is part one of the Extra. :B Posting it in parts because it's quite lengthy (6 pages so far), and it's taking a while. Didn't want to keep you guys waiting for too long! P:

Extra.

Before us stands Margueritte, her hands planted firmly on her hips. Her eyes, green like sea-foam, are squinting into an angry scowl, as her left foot taps the floor impatiently.

“Finally, I get to speak. And trust me, this is the third time I try.”

Annoyance still visible on her slightly decayed yet pretty face, she throws her long, auburn hair over her shoulder and sighs.

“The first time our dorky writer took pictures, it all was not good enough. The beach lot she made looked wonderful, but lagged like hell after installing Free Time. Sucks, because we really need some free time in that freaking game of hers.”

Margueritte makes some exasperated movements with her arms before flopping down on a grey, wooden bench. It creaks loudly enough to almost wake Eiji, who lies entangled in a hammock. He also lies upside down in that hammock, so it’s good that the mess of fabric keeps him in the air.

“Anyway, the second time she began working on this little Extra here, she actually got quite far. The lot was finished —she had created a jungle this time, made us climb into palm trees, that cheeky little. . .!— and images had been taken and edited. But then, disaster struck. She stupidly downloaded a Trojan, and spent a whole day panicking and crying about what she had done.”

The pale woman waits a second, lazily waving away a fly that buzzes around her. Nearby, Eugene chuckles at her words, while vigorously scrubbing a mirror. Someone has to keep the hut clean, after all. Because maids apparently lag too much as well.

“She truly, truly did her best to fix her mistakes. However, her computer had become such a pile of garbage at that moment that she decided to go for her last resort: formatting the hard drive and reinstalling everything. It took her hours. Eventually, she had re-added most of her favourite programs. . . but some things were missing.”

The hammock stirs dangerously, and Eiji produces a tired groan. Without even bothering to free himself, he looks up at the storytelling lady, and arches an orange brow. “What was missing?”

Margueritte stares back at him, her expression blank. “Are you bloody serious? We are missing you idiot!”

“Oh, yeah.”

She clacks her tongue in disapproval. “So, we will have to rely on our writer’s description skills. One more thing though, am I glad that we no longer have to climb in trees!”

Tales of the Dead.

(1)
` Margueritte’s Tragedy .

Margueritte was a simple woman. But she was a beautiful, hard-working woman, and that caused many men to fixate their greedy eyes on her. Her family kept swatting them away, though. Not one man seemed to be good enough. She was silently thankful for that. She was young, around sixteen, and did not want to think of love yet. Unlike her friends, who did nothing but gossip about this guy’s chest, and that guy’s behind.

Margueritte was rather shy, namely. Thus, she was grateful that her family was so protective of her. At least, so she thought. When they suddenly introduced her to a lewd, bald man who wanted to marry her, all her illusions were scattered.

Perhaps they had been protective of her. . . but this man was also rich.

It did not take long before Margueritte was forced to leave her beloved Orient, to join her new husband in Italy. She tried to talk herself into being happy, since she was healthy and allowed to buy anything she wanted. However, it was hard to keep telling herself that when she was raped at night, or beaten during the day if she did something ‘wrong’.

She constantly wished for a saviour. She constantly wished that her family would take her back home, or that her cruel husband would drop dead.

Her mother had always warned her that you should never wish for someone’s death. Because if you did, it might just happen to yourself.

Taking the matters into her own hands, she found a stool that wouldn’t hold her weight for too long, and a rope that was thick enough to do the opposite. She also found a poison that didn’t have a taste or scent. And the perfect meal to serve it with.

Until this day, even in death — Margueritte still hates men.

(2)
` Eiji’s Disaster .

For him, the rush of adrenaline before the kill was everything.

The startled face of an unsuspecting victim.
The struggling, the screaming, the howling.
The blood that soaked his dagger.

It all made him smile inside.

And he earned a lot of money.

That was always a plus.

So when he trudged underneath a small viaduct, his shadows shrinking and growing in the neon lights —he was on his way to the latest job— he felt almost happy.

Too happy, maybe.

“Halt! You there!”

He had not even realised he was no longer alone. Yup, definitely too happy.

Eiji stopped dead in his tracks, cursing silently. He pivoted on his heel to face a rather burly man, who was pointing a flashlight at his ebony-skinned face. The sudden brightness made him squint.

“Yes?”

“Didn’t ya see the signs earlier? No trespassing allowed! How did ya get in here?”

“I. . .”

Now was the time to come up with some brilliant excuse, but no matter how much Eiji searched his brain, he could not find one that didn’t sound absolutely stupid.

And before he knew, something had smashed against his head. Everything started turning black. . .

“Is this him? That wanted guy? The assassin?”

“Yeah. . . we can get quite a sum if we take him to—“

The rest went unheard. Eiji had already left the world.

(3)
` Eugene’s Catastrophe .

“Eugene, it is almost time for school.”

With a smile, the thin, white-haired boy released his pen. It clattered on his notepad and spat out a few drops of ink on the page of chicken scratch, making some sentences illegible.

Eugene had been sickly for most of his life. So when the moment came that he could go to school for the first time, he couldn’t have been happier. He leaped up from his chair and accepted the bento his old mother pressed into his hands.

“Thank you, mother!”

She ruffled his unruly locks. “Eat it all, Eugene, or you will get ill again.”

The boy winced. He would definitely eat it all. No matter what it was. Carrots, sushi.

His mother ushered him outside, talking about how smart he looked in his brand new uniform. He had believed her words at first, but when he heard the kids next door whisper mean things, he quickly changed his mind.

Of course, he was different from the other children. He was a lot older, since he had spent many years in bed. But their evil glares still hurt.

His smile disappeared. Suddenly, school did not seem that fun anymore.

“Now, Eugene — do your best, okay?”

The boy merely nodded. He could feel the other children’s eyes on him, their pointed fingers, their malicious laughs. Shame coloured his cheeks blood red.

I wish. . . I wish I was sick again! Then I would never have to go to school!

The scream of his mother interrupted his intense musing.

“EUGENE!”

He raised his head, a strong gust of wind pulling his hair and clothes.
The first thing he saw was the large, yellow front of the school bus.
The last thing he saw was the bottom of the school bus.

Margueritte is nowhere in sight. Eiji has finally managed to clamber out of the strangling hammock, and Eugene is playing chess with himself. He thinks deeply, staring at the chequered board in front of him, and eventually moves a rook. Eiji flops down on the other side of the game, and stretches his body with a dramatic yawn.

“Where did the chick go?” he then drawls, rubbing his azure eyes. “And how can you play that dumb game, I don’t understand the bloody rules.”

Eugene gives him a look that could well be poisonous. “Mayhap you would comprehend if you made an effort, lazy git.”

“Oh, yeah. Love ya too.”

“Rita went into the backyard, by the way. Said she received a telepathic message from the wicked witch of the west herself.”

“Cool, how’s Motoko doing? Havin’ fun in good ol’ Hell? Barbequing with other unfortunate souls?”

“She’s fine. She said that she has never been this happy before. Now that Miss Mei-Lin is with her, ehh. . . ‘Even Hell has become Paradise’.”

“God, romance really ain’t my thing.” Eiji heaves a sigh and leans an elbow on the chess board, nearly knocking over the Queen. Eugene shoos him away from her.

That very moment, a heated Margueritte stumbles into the messy hut. Her curls are tousled, and frustration burns in her eyes once more. She drops her glare on the two men and then lifts a fist, shaking it into their direction.

“You guys are truly, utterly useless. Didn’t I tell you to get on with the story? We are supposed to be the narrators, here. Lazy gits.”

Eiji mumbles something that could be an apology, but might as well be a curse. Eugene ignores the fuming woman completely.

“Well, anyway!” Margueritte exclaims, a sudden mirth drenching her voice. She quickly combs her fingers through her silky tresses, and turns back to us. “Now that you know about our lovely pasts, it is time to learn about Rush’s. Because his death was quite unexpected.” She snaps her digits. “Let’s use the Teleporter Shrub, it’s a lot faster than the darn phone!”

To be continued! ^^

#189 Old 6th Jul 2008 at 7:47 PM
This is the best chapter you wrote so far It was HILARIOUS. Margueritte rocks!
#190 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 12:22 AM
AHHH!! I can't believe I didn't see this before now. Mei-Lin, Puppet Master is my favorite Sims story ever, so I re-read it before reading this one. I liked it very much, even though it was sad! I like romances that work out, so seeing Mei-Lin and Rush apart was hard to digest. The story was very entertaining though! Ali is awesome. I'm super sad that your extra chapter got messed up though. Even so, it's still entertaining!
#191 Old 11th Jul 2008 at 6:33 AM
I just read both the stories in one go, lol. That was one of the best stories (Sims AND in general) I've ever read, the the pictures are amazing! I've always had a thing with dolls; it was like how I was with dinosaurs when I was little. I was so scared of them but I was still so fascinated with them. The fear mostly was a result of playing Falta Frame II in the dark in the middle of the night though ><
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 12th Jul 2008 at 12:24 AM
Can't wait to hear Rush's story! *tears*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#193 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 8:57 PM
Hi guys! <3

Thank you so much for your sweet comments, as always n__n

I'm still working on the Extra -- it's taking a while, but I just bought a new computer! An uber fast, amazing gaming PC. It's love. So I thought that now that loading and playing the sims isn't such an ordeal anymore, I should start taking pictures again! :B

Here's a quick preview of next part:

Hope you're all still interested in it! After my long... erm... absence ^^; Gomen ne! -bows-

#194 Old 22nd Aug 2008 at 10:43 PM
I just read both parts of your story the other day, it was fantastic!! I can't wait to read the extra
#195 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 11:00 AM
Yay, Dorka is alive!

The picture is beautiful! I wonder who's on it? Mei Lin (red hair...)?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#196 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 12:19 PM
Thank you thank you <33 :valentine

Actually, that's Motoko! xD I changed her lips and nose a little though :B

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#197 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 8:46 PM
Default Extra {Part two}
Here it is, at last. :3 It's short; I'll break it up in many parts so you don't have to wait that long for updates. ^^ The pictures might not match the story that much, because I wrote it like months before picture-taking 8D Many more parts to come, that's for sure! Ideas have been flooding in lately...

(4)
` Rush’s Misfortune .

The storm was all around him. It grabbed and shook his already battered umbrella with merciless hands, while constantly slamming sleet against the poor plastic. It would definitely not take long before the heavy wind would rip it, and Rush longed to be back at his cosy home.

“Hurry up a bit, guys!” he shouted over his shoulder. Not far behind him trudged Ali and Nathaniel, both soaked through and through. They also seemed to have quite some trouble staying on their feet, and their pale faces were pulled into frustrated grimaces.

“Bloody monsoon!” Nathaniel cursed under his breath. His platinum blonde locks had matted to his forehead and across his eyes, making seeing in front of him extra difficult. Even without that little curtain, it was hard to see an arm’s length ahead. Luckily, he knew the way by heart, and his father’s back was only a few steps away.

“If we’re not careful we’ll drown,” Ali remarked, sarcasm tinting her voice. Even now, that sound startled her family members, as if they still weren’t sure who had made it ― the girl had been ‘mute’ for the longest of times after all. “Where are we going anyway?”

Rush gave her a mysterious smile. “You’ll see!”

They reached an old, ramshackle house. The windows had been boarded up and tape covered the frame of the front-door. Rush began peeling it off while his children gathered around him, rubbing their goosebumped arms.

“Are we even allowed to go inside?” his son asked, trying to wipe the never-ending wetness off his glasses. “Is it safe?”

“Don’t worry,” was all the older man said. He fished a rusty key out of his pocket, quickly unlocked the entrance and ushered the kids inside.

“Blergh, spider-webs,” Ali complained. She had walked into some headfirst, and now fervently plucked them off her face. She hoped the spider that had made them was no longer here.

“Why are we back at mom’s house?” Nathaniel shook his head, imitating a dog who tries to dry his fur.

“… Motoko,” was all Rush murmured.

“EH?!”

“Did I hear that right, dad?”

Motoko, why were they here for her? And what did the house have to do with her in the first place? Ali grimaced in confusion; her pearly whites contrasting starkly against the ruby of her full lips. Rush pointed up the stairs, and took a moment to light a candlestick.

“You’ll see,” he then said again. “Just go up there, will you?”

The ascent was rather unnerving. Nathaniel went first, taking small and hesitant steps, every now and then looking over his shoulder towards his older sister. She only shrugged back at him ― neither of them knew a lot about their mother’s or Motoko’s past.

The dust-covered staircase lead to a dark and draughty attic. There was a bed inside it, with its bedding still intact, even though it had been wetted by the rain ― the roof was filled with holes. There was other furniture too, and many pictures on the wall, showing a young Mei-Lin with her friends.

“WHA?!” Nathaniel suddenly exclaimed.

Ali spun around, also startled by her brother’s shriek, and soon realised what he was watching so intently…

“Dad?!” she asked, her voice nothing but a hoarse whisper.

“I thought that,” Rush’s hollow words also entered the tiny attic space. “You might want to burn her.”

To be continued...

Page 8 of 8