Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 12:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Food Truck disappears
Hi
I've created a small lot with a food truck that I would like to stay parked. Problem is...it keeps disappearing. It's the food truck enabled by pcexpert http://modthesims.info/d/424758/foo...d-15-11-10.html
I've not played on the lot but am in the process of building it. I place the parking spot then the truck. And after logging out and coming back to build later...the truck is gone. The parking spot remains but not the truck.
Anyone have a clue why this is happening?
Thanks for any help or advice you can offer
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 8:53 PM
Thank you

Perhaps there is a truck that WILL stay parked? Or some other way to make it stay put as I'd rather not have to keep placing it over and over.
I'd like to know because my little lot looks nice that way ; ) Thanks a bunch!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jun 2019 at 9:59 PM
Yes, I use nraas mods and I do see the trucks driving around. I was hoping that food truck mod would work to keep it parked..it claims to do so. Oh well....Maybe I'll make a truck shaped diner in it's place...LOL

I'm sure I can
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2019 at 11:46 AM
Oh that is cute - I was already looking around for ideas for something like that - went and got the caravan tires. I thought I'd try to build around one of the food stalls from ATS3. (I have limited space, 15x15 lot).
Thanks for the screenshot and link. It's really getting my creative juices flowing!
Instructor
#8 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
...I've not played on the lot but am in the process of building it. I place the parking spot then the truck. And after logging out and coming back to build later...the truck is gone. The parking spot remains but not the truck.
Anyone have a clue why this is happening?

Just my thoughts, I'm not 100% sure that I'm right:

I also built a small food truck lot some time ago in my game and I didn't have this problem, my truck stayed on the spot, both in Build and Live mode. I assumed (maybe wrongly) that it was because the yellow parking spot and the truck were the one and only spot and truck in the whole neighborhood. I mean, I presumed that the truck was scripted to switch between the different parking spots within the neighborhood, but if there was only one, then it couldn't switch, so stayed on the same lot.

But maybe I was wrong.

By the way, it wasn't the mod you linked I used - in my game I used the files from Simsample's thread about unlocked CAW objects - the files can be found linked inside the thread, as zipped package files:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...100#post3390100
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 9:45 PM
Yes, I'm going to get rid of the one, for Simsamples. I've seen that but thought the other would be better since it claimed to "stay parked". I've read the post you linked long before trying to build this lot, so I will give that a try.
My idea of making a fake food truck is not working out, sadly. I think the object I'm using (a sims 4 conversion) is not quite working with my game as it crashed shortly after placing it on the lot and then the UI was messing up after restarting the game. It's kind of cute but not as cute as the food truck.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jun 2019 at 11:07 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 11th Jun 2019 at 11:18 PM.
Well, I took out the first food truck and added Simsamples. It stayed put while I was in build mode but after going into live mode, it left after a bit. I sent my sim there right away, she bought a hotdog and then it vanished. I guess I will work on my own version of a fake food truck or stick with a food cart. Unsure....thanks again all for tips and suggestions

Going to add "stationary food truck" to Mods I Wish Existed thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 12th Jun 2019 at 10:04 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 12th Jun 2019 at 10:33 PM.
Thanks again nitromon - I will try that as well. I'm unfamiliar with all the settings available on all those mods but I will try your suggestion.
Galadrieh's camper diner is very nice but it's a 20x15 lot. Mine is 15x15 and I've got my news stand in the one corner. I think the complete caravan set would work nicely but I don't really want to download all that for just one tiny lot. Doubt I'd ever use it again. I tried using just the wheels and I couldn't get anything to look right - they turn black if you try to sink them into a foundation or wall. The only part I don't like on Galadrieh's diner is the platform & stairs to reach the window to order.
I'll figure something out or might just stick with what I've made already (seen in above screenshot).

The Traffic mod says - Require Parking Space - "When enabled, the manager requires at least four wide parking spaces to exist before a food truck will spawn". That is too much for my small neighborhood.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jun 2019 at 11:57 PM
Well, just for fun I thought I'd show you what I came up with. I like the result.
Screenshots