Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:12 PM Last edited by lovetadraw : 7th Feb 2010 at 5:38 PM.
What Do You All Think Of my Drawings??
Hi, Um... I'm just wondering what you all think of My drawings. I usually do manga, but I do sometimes do realistic. I have here: Computer Cell Shaded, Computer Hued, Pencil, Colour Pencil, and a page from manga that I write. It's not going to be published anytime soon, not 'til I'm older.

Why is the other deleted? I messed it up
I'm new to forums and such.

LTD
Screenshots

Where does the pain come?
Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 11:38 AM
I think they are Lovley! I wish i could draw....
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 4:35 PM
Thank you!

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 10:49 PM
Awesome! I like drawing, too!

ENTJ
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 2:59 PM
They're very good! Inspires me to put some of my drawings here too! ^^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 6:56 PM Last edited by lovetadraw : 17th Feb 2010 at 8:49 PM.
Feel free!

As for the one pic, I saw on the creator guidelines/rules said PG-13, I hope no one was offended. PG 13, in my opinion.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 12:13 AM
New person!
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 10:29 PM
From a comic I dd last summer, this short bit was cut. Or at least what this is meant to represent. She gets a shower, walks out, and sees something bad on the news.
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 7:26 AM
They are very nice. :D
Instructor
#10 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 10:22 AM
The last one is my favorite ^_^
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 8:50 PM
Kiku is a fun person to draw, her hair is SOOOOOO long.

This is a retoned panel from my manga I'm working on now. She cuts her finger whist chopping carrots, then proceeds to curse in elfish and ask her BF to play vampire and lick it clean.
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 2:02 AM
I can draw nudes . It helps when trying to make clothing look better. uh... Don't report me, as far as I'm concerned, I censored it. and rightfully so.
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Inventor
#13 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 3:24 AM
Wow, you draw just like one of my friends used to! Like, the EXACT same style!! If my friend showed me these and said she did them I wouldn't think for a second that they weren't!
It's so weird when stuff like that happens, like with handwriting too! This boy that likes me and my boyfriend both have VERY similar handwriting and I was like O.O!!! when I noticed. It's even more weird because they have quite similar personalities. I wonder if you are like my friend seeing as you have the same art style!

Awesome pics too, I love the shading and colouring. I can't shade for my life :/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 10:48 PM
Thank you. The proportions I use are 6.5-7.5 heads tall for teens and adults respectively, 2 heads with hair included wide for the shoulders on a girl, Hips the width of the hips gie or take. legs 1/2 the body. These of course are my female proportions. I never actually checked what I use for dudes.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 2:43 AM
More drawings. Yes I use the old black box o' censorship
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 1:11 PM Last edited by lovetadraw : 9th Apr 2010 at 4:14 PM.
Okay... I triple posted sue me! (but don't ban me! I started this sub forum... I'm just adding 'kay, hp and or any other mod who throw my butt outta here) ?

Kiku... Computer retone.

Prety... PRE TEE. Though it's meant that if you slip you say 'Tina's pretty'

Dexter ma cat.

Tina cell shaded in her Love Day (valentine's day) outfit.

Ugh.... I don't do this a lot, I promise. Anyway, practicing kneeling poses. I've reinstated her body shape in my, so hopefully I won't have to do this for a while. I'm just practicing poses because having people just standing whilst talking gets boring. . and HEY! If those Renaissance guys can, SO CAN I!
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 6:17 PM
Very good! The colours used are perfect and I love the texturing used with the pencils, amazing! :D

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 11:34 PM
Thanx! It's why I love pencils, you can get so many textures with just the one. ESPECIALLY for hair.

FYI, Elfs in my manga have distinctly pink skin. Like strait up pink watercolour pink. No mixing with yellow (as I usually do for flesh). Although I use like 5 different coloured pencils for different skin tones. Some more yellow, others more pink, light dark, etc.

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Scholar
#19 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 1:46 AM
I really like these. Especially the proportions of the bodies, whenever I draw bodies they are always too tall or too short or something... excellent work!

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Apr 2010 at 4:01 PM
Oddly, I use real human 7.5 heads tall. It just looks right. Thanks also, people, especially my brother, call my characters fat. But yeah I try to use nearly realistic proportions, at least for the manga I'm working on now called "My Knight".

I'll admit though, I do have a long legged character complex, I have sorta stubby short legs

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 1:28 AM Last edited by lovetadraw : 11th Apr 2010 at 1:41 PM.
These are the tow "Bad Guys", though the one's a girl.
Zane (guy) and Zana (gal). Dark Elfs, she's kept alive with the "spell plating" around her chest that has her soul trapped. Her shot a fire ball at her face, nearly killing her, now she's a slave to the very Darkness that keeps her alive. He is a victim of circumstance, he was trying to get his daughter (Tina) back and got attacked by Aura the elf king. In self defense he killed him and Tira (his ex wife who thought he was dead and married the king because she was pregnant) sat up and got impaled too. It's a long story, hope this helps!

Oh and the eyes coming through the hair is on purpose.

Yet another re tone.

Oh and for the record, steal my stuff and...
"I hunt you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

No really, don't. That'd make me very sad
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 11:41 PM

I like the purple-haired one in the shower! If you'd like some constructive criticism, the neck is sometimes a bit too wide or long, but other than that they are good ^__^ While you are practicing poses, try buying one of those girly mags and draw the models in them! They do all sorts of odd poses :p
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 2:31 AM
Thanks, and yeah the neck is a weak point, I'll admit. Though I've tried to keep it between 1/3 and 1/4 a head length long. I'll be sure to watch out for it. As for width, I don't like the typical skinny manga neck, though once in a while I go too thick. I try too keep my neck based in real human anatomy. In fact, really only the faces are especially manga-ish. Everything else I base on real people. Well, maybe the legs are long but that's all.

Thanks!

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 10:33 PM Last edited by lovetadraw : 13th Apr 2010 at 10:57 PM.
Elfs (in my manga) have sensitive sensory glands* under their chins. They can be stimulated for pain, or pleasure. Tina equates in to touching a girls inner thigh. Both in sensuality, and intimacy between couples. Cassius unknowing to this tickles her there saying "that almost sounds like a cat". Tina had only spoken of the pain/pleasure part of it at that point. Here is her sorta dreamy "ahh.... that felt good....ummmm" face. Thus, ma avatar change.

*Taste and smell and things of that nature.

If you upload something onto deviant art, are the rights still yours? I'm too lazy to read the giant wall of text they throw at you. Has anyone? Does anyone know?

Lilias,
She's sorta got a crush on Cassius. Thus hates Tina. She's a Dark Elf girl. about 15 I guess.
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 3:22 AM Last edited by lovetadraw : 30th Apr 2010 at 2:20 AM.
Sorry again for the triple post :Keeping order by starting another post.

One is a Manga-fied version of my BFF, the realistic one is something I just drew, and the other is a computer retone.

Update,
Something I did in a hospital. concept work for my manga.
Screenshots

Where does it start?
I know not...
For I have no heart...
Page 1 of 2