Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 3:56 PM
Default What did you do with the Tricou family?
I mean the main family, not the downtownie teens.

But yeah, I realised I haven't played with them before and decided to add Jennicor, Gvaudion and Fricorith to my new Veronaville playthrough. Plus Rainelle, whom I made the family maid (even though she supposedly moved in after everyone else died, but ssshhh).

I'm curious what stories other people have. Did you resurrect all of them or just a few? Were they vampires or other supernaturals, or were they just humans? Who did they date and what jobs did they have?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 5:58 PM
Oh, I usually resurrect them and Rainelle. I've tried the Tricous as vampires and learned that I don't enjoy playing vampires. Jennicor has the elf ears, so you can tie her into relationship to the Summerdream/Gossamer family, and then explain why she's not living with the other elves if you have them in Veronaville. They have interesting relationships with each other, which are affected by who resurrects who, and can be quite the contentious or peaceful family depending on how you manage them.
I don't remember exactly why I started doing this, but Rainelle almost always moves to Strangetown. Maybe because it's so very different from Downtown, or perhaps she resurrected with a military LTW.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Inventor
#3 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 12:34 AM
I believe they were evil people with supernatural roots who first experimented with vampyrism and were slaughtered by others for this a long time ago. The father spawned those teens different women to be reborn into them, just like Bhall the lord of murder. The ugliness that they carry within is the result of corruption from dark magic. Jennicor is an evil, dark elf. If she ever met normal elves, they would be enemies.

Resurrecting the family is very unrealistic, and would turn them into common, essentially new characters without any connection to a magical past. They would go around community lots, prank and poke, and nobody would recognize them for what they are. I do not understand why every sim player always jumps onto resurrection. Valar morghulis.
Theorist
#5 Old 31st Jan 2022 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
Was does the Tricou family even dead to begin with? all that does is add extra character files when adding the default downtown, why are they dead in the beginning, they should have been shipped alive in my own opinion

I think they wanted to give ghosts to the House of Fallen Trees lot, since it seems like it was designed as a"haunted house" with a dark and mysterious past and all that.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 3:38 AM
This is what I did with them. https://modthesims.info/download.ph...166#post5051166

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Mar 2022 at 10:54 PM
Default An open letter from Ravi Bertino
31 Mendoza Lane
Downtown
Veronaville

1st March 2022

Hi Everyone!

Jon Smith Tricou was my dad. I believe it was just a one night stand with my mum. My dad died when I was very young and my mum couldn't look after me so I got taken into care. When I became a a teen, I was pretty well left on my own to get on as best I could. Fortunately the gay community in downtown Veronaville took me to their hearts and made me very welcome. I now live with my boyfriend Jack Gill at 31 Mendoza Lane, which is just across the road from the House of Fallen Trees, the ancestral home of us Tricous. My dad is buried in the cemetery at Gothier Green Lawns, which is just a little further along the road. I'm very happy with Jack. Of course Jack has what you might call a "wandering eye", but I love him the way he is and don't want to change him. Jack says that fidelity is overrated and I'm sure my dad would have agreed with him. I have affairs with other boys too, in part because I know Jack likes me to. And I have to agree it is fun. Maybe it's easier this way. Even Andrew and Julian, the arch-disciples of fidelity, are going through a sticky patch in their relationship just now. (They're both regular churchgoers, so you might remember them in your prayers.)

There are another five of us "wrong side of the blanket" children of Jon Smith Tricou living around here: Noelle Howe, Lauren Cox, Weldon Roennigke, Don Ng and BJ Shaikh. We're all still in our teens. BJ, who likes Gothy clothes, lives in a little Gothy cottage hidden in among the trees near the canal in Veronaville. The rest are, you might say, "of no fixed abode". The six of us hold occasional Tricou reunion get-togethers, usually in BJ's house. Some of us have suggested that we all get together to buy the "House of Fallen Trees" and run it as a Tricou Museum. I'm not against the idea in principle, but wild horses couldn't induce me to spend even one night in that house. I don't care what anyone says, I'm sure there be ghaisties there! BRRRRRR! I'll be much happier across the road at home at 31 Mendoza Lane, snuggled up in bed with Jack.

I seem to recall @Peni Griffin saying that Jon Smith Tricou acquired a bit of a bad reputation in his life time. "Notorious" I think was the word she used. For myself though, I like to try to see the best in everyone. I really don't believe that anyone is intrinsically evil. Our dad died young, and I'm sure he didn't mean to. Had he lived, I like to think he'd have looked after us much better.

Yours with love,
Ravi Bertino

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Apr 2022 at 11:52 PM
Hi Ravi Bertino!

My name is Ronan Svälas.
This is probably gonna sound insane to you, but I think I might be you in a parallell universe. Or at least one of your brothers. Please don't stop reading now, I promise I have my reasons to think this is the case! Your free to think I'm crazy all you like, but listen to my story first.

I too have a father named Jon Smith Tricou and a lot of half siblings. None of us have any contact with our mothers and we don't have a clue how we came about. Jon Smith Tricou is notorious here in Desiderata Valley Magna as well, but not for any reasons to do with us - it's because everyone seems to think he was a vampire who rebelled against Count Tycho and his clan and they somehow got rid of him and his clan as a revenge. I don't know what to think about all that! I just know I miss having real parents and a real family. I've been living mostly on the streets, and so have my half siblings. I didn't even know they existed until a couple of weeks ago!

I'll tell you how I finally found out. I met this really cute guy, Rasmus Brunel, when I was out clubbing and to my surprise he actually wanted to see more of me. Unlike me, he's a social butterfly and he has heaps of money (heir to five level ten businesses, no less!) so hanging out with him has been... different. He invited me to go to his secret teen lot and I swear he introduced me to half the teens in our world! Among others, an anime fangirl called Nuala Svalbard and a gothy, blond guy called Jet McLachlan. If you haven't guessed it yet, they were BJ and Noelle or Lauren in this universe, and they told me there were at least two more. If I hadn't been over the moon because Rasmus was flirting with me it might have been a bit too much to take, all these new half siblings and all their stories. But I mustn't talk too much about Rasmus, I'll bore your ears off! I'll tell you about our plan instead.

Nuala got to know Rasmus and his sister Madicken when she got bitten by Contessa Oya. She hadn't done anything to provoke it, she didn't know the Contessa and give her consent, the contessa just up and bit her, just like that! Madicken had some Vamprocillin in her inventory because she'd been helping out at her mum's magical business, and she and Rasmus helped Nuala get it down in time and offered her to stay at the secret teen lot til she felt better. But, Ravi, they agreed then and there that this couldn't go on! The Count and Contessa and their clan have started biting everyone right and left, even young ones like Nuala with hopes and dreams and plans for the future. They need to be stopped, and this is where us half sibs come in. We have some sort of supernatural connection to our dad, and Rasmus has contacts in Academie La Tour that can get us a resurrectronomitron. (Do they have those in your universe? They look like skulls. And phones, at the same time) You can call the Grim Reaper on them and ask for someone to be resurrected. So Nuala, Isambard and me are coming with Rasmus and Madicken when they go to uni and we think at least one of us will be able to resurrect our dad. Then he can resurrect his clan and with that, Desiderata Valley Magna will have a vampire resistance force!

At least this is what we think will happen. But I am nervous about so many things. I'm not sure I think sims are intrinsically evil either, but I think sims can be very stupid and make very bad choices. And I don't know any of my dad's "real" family - what will they make of us lot? And there's another thing that really has started to worry me. When I first got to know Rasmus, he was leaving for uni at any moment. But nothing happens! None of us seem to age or develop or get new story arcs or anything, and that used to happen pretty quickly before. I'm starting to wonder if my universe is just stuck like this forever now? Well, I should stop writing before those thoughts get too heavy on me. Rasmus is picking me up, he wants to spend some time on the secret lot. Maybe he will finally get me that first kiss I've been rolling wants for?

TL:DR for anyone who is not a parallell universe Tricou teen: Before that laptop gave up breath, I had planned to finallly resurrect the Tricou clan, my backstory was that they had somehow crossed the ruling vampire clan, who was becoming a bit of a nuisance in the neighbourhood. Some teens from one of my families had already made friends with three of the downtownie Tricou teens and one of them had a budding romance going with my sim teen Rasmus, so the plan was to send these three to uni with Rasmus and his sister and cousins and give them a go at the resurrectronomitron. If I get to go on with this particular story, I'm planning to have the Tricous somehow in charge of the vaprocillin distribution and maybe even cure or"rehabilitate" the Count and Contessa for story value. Because If I'm going to resurrect the Tricous, I will make sure they have a role to play!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Apr 2022 at 9:25 PM
My Tricou teens showed up in Widespot in a caravan and quickly made their backstory clear. Their father, Jon Smith Tricou was the leader of a polygamist cult. At the time of his death, he had twelve wives (not counting one who previously died in childbirth and one who left him about a decade previously) and nineteen children. In order to go to "the Next Place" he planned a mass suicide for the whole family. The teens found out about it and decided to leave, taking anyone who wanted to go with them, or anyone who was too young to make an informed decision. The left the youngest seven somewhere they'd be found and put into foster care, then the eldest went to college and left the others with the caravan. The five remaining teens ended up being fostered by Andy and Georgia Newson Bellum who they parked their caravan next to. Most of them have difficult relationships with each other.

The eldest, Robbie, has just graduated college and is living with his girlfriend, who he's verbally abusive towards. He's also been physically abusive towards his sister, Jenny, who's the second eldest. Jenny is in college and dating a Land grandchild. She is probably one of the most stable Tricous at the moment, although she sees her brother strangling her as no big deal. Her mum died in childbirth and she was raised by her next brother Vince's mum. Vince and Jenny used to be close, but had a massive argument when she decided to go to college, and he took the caravan and moved out. He still lives nearby in the caravan, and has only seen one of his siblings a couple of times since he moved out. He's recently got a job in the Criminal career and I can see him potentially collaborating with his elder brother Robbie in the future, even though they hate each other. Keep your enemies closer...

The fourth Tricou teen is Sadie, who's a Sophomore in college. In high school, Sadie struggled with being gay in a small town, with the only other gay girl being very adamant she didn't want to settle down or be anyone's girlfriend. She's still struggling to find anyone she clicks with romantically, but is starting to get on with her sister and recently made a new friend. Tricou #5 is Jess, who's still in high school. He's just starting to bond with his foster parents. The youngest of the original Tricou teens is Andrei, who's mother left when he was a toddler. She left him with Vince's mother whilst she found somewhere safe for them to live but when she went back Jon Smith told her Andrei had died. He even gave her an urn with his ashes in (it turned out to be a dog). A few years ago, Andrei's mum spotted his photo in the school paper and came to find him. It took them a while to reconcile, but he's now just about to move in with her.

I've given names and ages to the seven younger children (plus the other six who died) and keep track of what age they are in relation to my playables, so if I ever did want to create them and maybe send them to college, I could do. The only two who really exist are Laycian, whose mum was the great-niece of one of my townies-turned-playable (he now lives with his great-uncle and his family) and Harleigh, who was adopted by Isaiah Gavigan and his wife. A few of Tricou's wives have names and backstories: Andrei's mother is Dre, Vince's mother is Helena, Laycian's mother is Lily, another one is Rachel (she was already dying and her daughter Niamh chose to stay with her).

I don't have plans to ressurect any of the dead Tricous, since I've never had ressurection in my game and don't intend to start now. Besides, Jon Smith is the only one who fits with my canon.

♫Cuz I don't have a home in this life, I have to roam. Got nowhere to lay my head, so I'll follow you instead, and set my gaze on the place I'm going to. Til then I'm homeless, but I'll roam with you...♫

My Simblr: http://natteryaktoad.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 12:21 AM
Natteryak: like what you did. I've done various things with the Tricous, getting them to live together in that house with the DEEEEP basement with 2 caskets (whose!?). I found them boring, actually.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#11 Old 25th Apr 2022 at 10:59 AM
This is my favorite take on the Tricou family: shasta's Fortune and Romance. The family is included along with everybody else.
Scholar
#12 Old 27th Apr 2022 at 11:35 PM
I love this family. When I first resurrected them, I turned them into vampires but that didn't last for too long as none of them wanted to stay as vampires.. I don't want to force them to stay as something they don't enjoy. The next time I played them, I made them into playable ghosts using MidgeTheTree's playable ghost lifestate mod and turned them into townies. That was fun! I do plan to have them in my Life Stories megahood at some point because I really like Fricorith & Gvaudoin Tricou and Rainelle Neengia but I haven't yet figured out how I want to introduce them yet.

Edit: Do we consider the "Teens" that appear on Jon Smith's family tree or no? For me, I sever the ties between them or not have them at all by grabbing Sunrader's Tricou family subhood that has the family resurrected and ready to place.. They're cute and all but.. I'm bad at stories so for me to try and think of their origins is frustrating. :D