Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#201 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 4:31 AM
Strangetown was the first neighbourhood I ever played, but after my computer died on me and I couldn't get all the extension packs to load on my laptop (disk drive issue, I think), I started over.

Newson Gavin thought it would be a good idea to rent rather than buy, so the children could each have a share of the family funds as they left home. But that didn't work out: the middle pair spent so much time going to and from the playground that they were always tired, always wanting some fun, and never getting their homework done. Ginger was exhausted with trying to play mom to everyone, and the landlord woke everyone up two minutes after she'd finally got them to sleep, just to complain that she hadn't washed the breakfast dishes, which she was just starting on anyway and then had to leave while she got the toddlers settled again! It was almost a relief when Gabriella's failing grades brought a visit from the Social Worker. The tragic story of the family's multiple losses made the front page of the Strangers Gazette, and prompted a city-wide adoption drive. Long after the little Newsons were all adopted, Strangetowners continued to call the Adoption Office and take in an orphaned child.

Cooke Gabriella was adopted by Julien Cooke. The little girl whose failing grades had brought in the Social Worker flourished in the quiet environment, maxing out the Logic skill before she even reached her teens, getting straight As all through high school, and winning multiple scholarships for college.

Grunt Despite all the pressure to join the military, Tank followed his dreams and took a job at a restaurant. To his complete astonishment, the General phoned him the next day to say how proud he was to have a son who stuck to his guns in the face of such opposition. Meanwhile, Buzz himself gave in to peer pressure and adopted toddler Elise, and shortly after that he opened his home to Gavin (Buck's best friend at school) and Ginger. Thanks to his help with homework, both teens began to do much better in school. He became more relaxed, friendly and sociable than anybody remembered him being since Lyla died, but somehow he and Rip had grown so far apart over the years that they never spoke, even when Rip converted to the Popularity Aspiration, married Linda Barthelet, and gave Buzz his first grandchild, Jacqueline. Buck married Jill Smith (he married her in my first game, too, so it's obviously meant to be, as I did nothing to force it); they have one son and another child on the way.

Ginger married Manuel Bradshaw and has two children with a third on the way; Gavin took a while to get over his unrequited crush on Buck, then proposed to and was rejected by townie Roger Akai, and has now married a female Sim!

Spectre/Subject/Nigmos Olive died, and the world was astonished to discover that the downtrodden "au pair" at the Beakers' place was her fatherless child. Tired of living in a basement full of cockroaches, Nervous fled with his inheritance to take up residence in his mother's house. Ophelia was understandably upset, since she had thought the one good thing about being raised by her mean and murderous Aunt Olive was that she would eventually inherit some real estate. Nervous quite understood, and offered her all but $500 of the family funds, including his cash inheritance. Ophelia happily accepted, bought herself a Cape Cod style house, and married Johnny Smith. He agreed to take her name, since he had no emotional attachment to "Smith"; they adopted Garrett Newson and produced five green-skinned children of their own: Joseph, Katie, Leah, Mandy, and Reginald.

Nervous redecorated the house and campaigned for a community cemetery, to which he sent all the gravestones. He married Pascal Curious, and the pair adopted a ridiculous number of children: Delicate, Georgia (Newson), Loyal, Annie, Curious, Brittany, Chris, and...another Chris, both girls. Pascal's alien son, Simis, is now an adult and waiting for Katie Nigmos to finish college so they can marry. He's family aspiration, so there should be a lot of green-skinned Sims in the future. Nervous may well leave the house to them, so it will return to the Muenda bloodline.

Curious Pascal moved in with Nervous and is now the patriarch of a huge family. Lazlo married Crystal Vu and the two bought a house together, adopted Elle and had Peter, and are living the Simlish dream in a hacienda. Vidcund had alien Thierry and adopted Armand, but he really wanted to spend all his time studying rather than working, so he took a job before his pregnancy showed, claimed all the maternity benefits, then quit when they ran out, without ever having set foot in the workplace! Since then, the family has scraped by on savings, school awards, and what the boys earned as teenagers.

Smith Jenny desperately wanted another child, but had to settle for adopting Lucy after Pollination Technician #9 died. With Johnny well provided for by Ophelia's inheritance, she left the house to Jill and Buck, along with the guardianship of Lucy, who was still just a teen. Buck has since had an inheritance from the General, so they're very comfortably off.

Singles Erin married Charlie Tang and has one son.

Kristen married Gerard Landry, adopted Gallagher Newson, and has five children of her own.

Lola married Heath Davison and has five green-skinned children, while her sister Chloe went the other way after their difficult and lonely childhood, finding it hard to maintain relationships. She never married; now an elder, she gets on best with her niece/sister Jill, and will move in with the Smiths when she retires.

Loner Ajay never married and, as a single man living in a one-bedroom bungalow, he didn't take part in the adoption drive, either. Now an elder and worth over $300,000, he plans to give out some gifts to his friends, then invite his best friend to the house just before he dies, so the friend will inherit his fortune.

Beaker Circe and Loki took no part in the adoption drive -- they were too mean, and after the way they had treated Nervous they probably would have been turned down anyway. They had one daughter, Moira, who was so grouchy and bad-tempered that she never brought home a single friend from school. This made her lonely, and even more grouchy, and she could never be persuaded to do her homework, always throwing a tantrum when it was suggested or walking away before she was finished. In a terror lest the Social Worker remove her, the Beakers moved to a new home, changing schools so that she at least started her first day with no backed-up homework. Around the same time, they realized she was cross-eyed; whether it was the glasses or the new school that did the trick is unclear, but she did just fine after that and is now at college. Amazingly, Joseph Nigmos has fallen for her and the two are sharing a house on campus.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 9:31 PM
I really can't remember if anything happened in my first hood. In Hazelton, not much aside from Lazlo falling in love and woohooing Chester Gieke - autonomously, at that!

In Springwater, I can't remember everything that happened; the time I played Strangetown was between the six-month-old backup and the Great Crash that shredded a lot of the character files.

Beaker Family: Aside from Nervous Subject escaping and moving in with the Curious brothers, I don't quite remember. I think Circe got pregnant with Loki's kid but I can't recall for sure. Circe got shredded; Loki survived.

Curious: Pascal had an alien girl, Marie Curie, and Nervous moved in and proved to be a good adoptive dad. Lazlo accidentally got turned into a plantsim before I even got to their household because I forgot to remove a certain hack. But it actually kind of fit his character to me so I kept it. He got a bird called Nikola Tesla. And then Vidcund rolled a want to become a plantsim, so...yeah. They all got shredded, though.

Grunt: Ripp almost ran away, but what prevented him was his little brother, Buck. And Ripp became friends with Puck Summerdream. As soon as he'd graduated high school (with InTeen - conflicts with everything, but I love some of the features) he was planning to move to Veronaville with Buck and go to community college. I never got around to that though.
Tank invited over Johnny Smith, planning to beat him up, but came to an understanding instead--actually, nah. That's what I was intending but they just beat each other up anyways when I took my eye off them for two seconds. And then Tank rolled a want to become friends with Buck. Go figures. Another strange thing is Buzz kept rolling wants to "apologize to Ripp." Can't remember if I obliged. Tank got shredded, but the others survived.

Loner: I moved him into an apartment building alongside the Singles. He got a job in Intelligence and went steady with Lola Curious. He was shredded.

Singles: I always mix these ones up. One of them got taken by aliens, though, and got pregnant (yay hacks). And Lola Curious got into a relationship with Ajay Loner. They all survived.

Smith: Johnny went to college and broke up amicably with Ophelia Nigmos. Pollination Tech #9 and Jenny went to adopt an alien baby that one of my other sims had given birth to (but couldn't raise herself, because she was a teenager and living on her own), but thanks to some hack messing with the adoption queue, ended up with a human baby instead. Then I figured out how to teleport the other baby in and have them adopt him. So they ended up with two kids instead. Jill and the two adopted babies were shredded.

Specter: Olive became a vampire and blehed at everyone in Downtown, filling the lot with pee puddles. Ophelia went to college and broke up amicably with Johnny Smith, saying they should both date other people for a while. Ophelia got shredded, but Olive survived.

Haven't played any of them in Oakbrook yet - although when I was moving the Singles into their apartment, I had Chloe Curious flirt with Goopy GilsCarbo for giggles (plus they bolted somehow). Didn't go well.
Top Secret Researcher
#203 Old 6th Apr 2016 at 4:44 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 6th Apr 2016 at 7:43 PM.
This is my 4th time playing Strange Town, so far Strange Town is the only one I have ever played. Next time I am going to add the other Neighborhoods as sub hoods though.

I like to play every family.

Edited.

Beaker House:

Nervous Subject gets a mysterious letter telling him about his Mom and how she is close to passing on. He then changes his name to Arlo Specter and moves to Specter House in order to meet his Mom.

Circe is determined to reach the top of her career and meanwhile she has twin boys with Loki. After Loki passes she is thinking of making a change. Only after Arlo leaves does she realize how she feels about him when she meets him downtown and he asks her on a date.

Loki names his two sons Thurmond and Thursen. Loki is happy that he reached the top of his career and fulfilled his lifetime want, he is doing well in his old age and he has no intention of prolonging his life.

Thurmond and Thursen each go off to College figuring that they will get an education and meet someone interesting.

Thursen comes back home, marries Jill Smith and they live happily with Loki and Circe.

Specter House

Olive shortly after her reunion with her long lost son Arlo Specter, she passes away.

Ophelia is surprised to find that she is not the heir after all, but is not especially disaappointed as she has always planned to live with Johnny Smith. She plans to go to the same college that Johnny goes and stick with him like glue.

Arlo Specter tells Ophelia that he will help her out when he can and then starts moving all of the graves to Gothier Green Lawns as he intends to someday remodel and he intends to have a family sometime soon.

Tara Kat and her cats decide to move in when she hears he is looking for someone to have move in and maybe more. Seems that Tara might be looking to have some kids.

Singles

Kristen changes her last name to Loste after reading a mystery letter about some of her family history. She meets Ajay Loner and they fall madly in love and decide to get married with Ajay taking her new last name and they move in with Chester Gieke.

Erin also gets a letter of her own which tells her how she is a long lost Beaker, so she becomes a Beaker. Then Erin Beaker goes to college where she meets Johnny Smith and his half brother Daffydd Lillard and decides to join their communal group.

Chloë and her sister Lola move to Bluewater Village and there they both get married to the Davis Bros: Almeric and Aldric, who they had met and fell madly in love with when they had met them at College.

Grunt House

General Buzz meets a girl while on vacation at the Island and he has fallen madly in love. Right now she is not sure she wants to move to Strange Town and so General Buzz is not revealing her name at this point. More on her later.

Buck goes to college where he meets his future wife Allegra Gorey, after he graduates he and Allegra move back in with his father. Buck intends a career in Crime.

Tank goes to college where he also meets his future wife Gwendolyn Ottomas, when he graduates he moves back to Strange Town with Gwendolyn to live with his father. However, Tank is not planning on following in his father's footsteps and plans on an Athletic Career instead.

Ripp on the other hand meets Sarah Love while he is at college and he decides to take her name upon their marriage. Sarah and Ripp decide to live in Strange Town with one of the strange part Alien FitzHugh's, Úna and her soon to be husband Justin Kim.

Roseland House

Cyd Roseland moves into a fair sized house with his dog and then he decides to have the Crittur Dogs move in as well. However after he gets to know Trent he decides that Trent and his family would be a good addition and help him to be able to have a bigger house, and so he invites the Travelers to move in.

Trent has a midlife crisis and decides since he not going to travel anymore and is going to stay in Strange Town for the rest of his life, that he is going to change his Family Name. So after getting his wife Trish and his daughter Tina to agree, he changes their name to Mac Lane. After he has moved in and changed his name he is abducted! Next thing Trent knows he has given birth to part Alien twin girls and he names them Tamara and Toiréasa.

Trish figures that her husband is quite nuts, but she goes along with his name change.

Tina figures that her father is correct in changing their family name and is determined to keep it and give it to her kids after she gets married. When she becomes a Teen she goes off to college where she meets Daffydd Lillard who happens to be Johnny Smith's half brother and she joins their group. She buys some beach property in Bluewater Village and the Group all moves in. She is now married and Daffydd is now a Mac Lane like she wanted.

Tamara decides when she is a child that she is going to marry Cyd when she grows up. She gets her wish after she graduates from College, as she is now a Roseland and quite happily in love with her husband Cyd.

Toiréasa goes to college and meets and falls in love with one of the odd part Alien FitzHugh's one Llewellyn FitzHugh and she lives near by in Strange Town in his house.

Smith Family

Johnny goes off to college and he meets a half brother of his by Meredith Lillard named Daffydd. He and his half brother really hit it off and they decide to form a sort of commune after they graduate.

Jill Goes to college and while she is there at college she meets Thursen Beaker, and she determines then and there that she is going to marry him and live where ever he does. Which she does after she graduates.

Jenny is determined to become Chief of Staff while still having some more babies. She has one on the way.

PT#9 is working on becoming Education Minister after suddenly becoming young again after a strange potted tree appeared on his lot.

Curious House

Pascal had a part Alien baby boy that he named Blaise. He is old now and happy.

Vidcund also managed to get himself abducted and he had a part Alien baby boy that he named Nicolai

Lazlo becomes a Celebrity Chef after a mid life crisis and is now considering getting married to Bébinn Pfeifer one of the daughters of his nephew Blaise.

Blaise and Nicolai go off to college together and set up a house with a couple of the Ottomas Sisters and some others.
Sharla marries Blaise and Gillianne marries Nicolai.

Ottomas House:

Dora passes away from old age after most of her grandchildren are teens.

David goes to college and meets Brittany Upsnott, whom he marries and moves back home with.

Sharla goes to college where she meets and later marries Blaise Curious.

Gillianne goes to college where she meets and later marries Nicolai Curious

Gwendolyn meets Tank Grunt at college and she gets married to him after she graduates.

Tommy goes to college where he meets Daphne Drakeford, he graduates and moves in with Chester Gieke, with whom he formed a close friendship. Now he plans to be rich through a life of Crime.

Samantha plans on trying to have even more kids.

Peter getting old, but still willing and able to have some more kids.

Currently the two youngest of Ottomas family are the twins Morwen and Morgaine who are both at college.

Sanjay Ramaswami lives in the Ottomas Manse and he has made it to Rock God.

Priya Ramaswami also lives in the Ottomas house and after succeeding at her life goal of becoming Education Minister is now working as the Manager of Lucky Shack Cards and Drink, she just couldn't tell the Handsome Nicolai Curious "no" when he asked her to work for him. Also since that mystery Potted tree made her young again she wanted to do something different.

The Ramaswami's have two girls Meinwen and Megan and both are at college.

Gieke House

Chester married Blossom Moonbeam whom he met while she was at College and he has reached his life goal of becoming Education Minister.

Ajay and Kristen Loste live in the house along with Tommy Ottomas and his girl.

The End...for now at least.
Instructor
#204 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 6:00 PM
I always liked that neighborhood. I made a movie about a CAS family's life and included the birth of Pascals's alien baby for no reason. But YouTube did not let me upload it, because back then YT had time limit. That video file is gone now, I really wanted to see it. :/ The movie was really amateur and the graphics was bad, because i was a beginner at everything, i was 9-10 years old then.

Beaker family: I called the man who kills the roaches, and Loki have read all the Apartment Life books (those with the custom memories). I made Nervous Subject to move to another family, because I felt sorry for him.

Loner family: I moved him to a house. Circe, Nervous and Vidcund visited him and they had a good time. He also wrote a book about aliens.

Specter family: The old woman retired and I tried to keep her and Ophelia's apiration bar at platinum. Nervous Subject befriended her mom. Then the old woman died and her tombstone is golden. I put the tombstone next to Ichabod's. I moved the others to a graveyard lot, because I don't like ghosts, they interrupt sims.
Johnny and Ophelia got married and had a girl named Xénia. Ophelia grew up happy and wanted a kitten, so I adopted one. And I changed her hair to black, because I think it is absurd to have blonde hair with dark skin.

Smith family: Johnny turned to adult and moved to Ophelia's house. That is all.

Grunt family: The teen boy with the face paint joined the army. Nothing else happened.

Curious family: It was always my favourite in this neighborhood. I asked Nervous Subject to move in, because I felt sorry for him. Now he is happy and I often made him do the chores until I called a maid.
Pascal fell in love with Stella who graduated from the university and is an alien. Now I'm waiting for Lazlo to get his alien baby. I also made changes to their house.

The Singles: Nothing. I plan to move them in a house.

Field Researcher
#205 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 8:49 PM
I always move Pascal out of the Curious lab thing and into a house more suitable to raise a baby in (and also which has a less screwy layout, the Curious house really annoys me in that respect haha). Of course, I make it science-y once I get enough money to. Pascal has high creativity and he usually rolls wants to write bestselling novels in my games so I have him write loads bc that way is so easy to get rich (I have this mod) while staying home to look after the baby. If it's a boy I always call him Tycho, bc TS2 PSP has influenced me like that. I also like to move Nervous Subject in bc I actually ship it so hard, and also bc the Beakers are horrible to him and I hate the Beakers so much I like to make Tycho become friends with the Smith children bc of their shared alien ancestry. And of course, Tycho is an extreme nerd just like their dad~

With the Grunts I always move Ripp out. I age him to adult then back to teen after he's in a new house so I can actually move him out. I like to put him in a really grungy cheap apartment. The other Grunts are such jerks to him (except Buck) that I feel like there would be a point where Ripp would just be like bitch byeee and just go with money he's saved up from his convinience store job. After that, the General usually gets married to a random townie he doesn't really care about bc he feels like he's failed his kids without their mother around. Of course, Tank hates her so he channels his aggression into working out and working hard to be successful, something which the General is very pleased about. At some point the Lyla-replacement™ cheats on him or just gets fed up with the lack of attention and leaves. Yeah... I got my own headcanons for this whole freaking neighbourhood m8

I always have Ophelia Nigmos move in with the Smiths after Olive dies. I ignore the birthday party for Johnny bc I like to send him and Ophelia to university together. They get engaged at uni and get married after graduation. I like to make Jill a doctor or something which helps out other people, I kinda see my young self in her a little bit and so I like to imagine she's really talkative, easily excited about the things she's passionate about and she likes to work hard with her education, total model student type thing going on with her tbh.... if only I was still like that lmao

Yeah, i'm gonna stop rn bc I've exhausted my brain writing all of this and I don't really play the others that much anyway. I usually kill the Beakers with experiments gone wrong, serves them arseholes right
Scholar
#206 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 11:31 PM Last edited by DezzyBoo : 14th Jun 2016 at 11:52 PM.
@Staarchild TS2 PSP FTW M8! Glad I ain't the only one who remembers that! I always name his baby Sara if it's a girl and Tycho is it's a boy. Actually, my Pascal (or one of them cuz I have multiple copies of Strangetown) adopted a son and I renamed him Tycho.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Field Researcher
#207 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 9:15 AM
The Sims 2 PSP is love
The Sims 2 PSP is life

(the loading times suck tho)
Scholar
#208 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 11:54 PM
It is very laggy, yes. And the social games can lag and be slow.

I have beaten it like 4 or 5 times already. But I have YET to get every single last secret! Grr...

The 2 toughies are Dr. Newlow and the Guys in White guard in the lab. But with Dr. Newlow you just have to max your skills first. I make sure to do that first before going forward in the game.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Undead Molten Llama
#209 Old 15th Jun 2016 at 7:55 AM
*looks at thread title*

I ate them. They were delicious. Especially the Beakers.

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that on one of these threads. But seriously, I've never played any of the premade neighborhoods and have had no interest in doing so...except for the occasional little annoying desire to play Strangetown and save Nervous Subject and give the guy a happy life. So every once in a while I entertain thoughts of downloading a cleaned/fixed Strangetown and screwing around with it. Maybe one day I will.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
#210 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 10:05 PM
>be me
>be 6 years old
>its 2007
>get ts2 on old potato XP machine
>not have any idea what to do
>click around
>somehow select the Grunts
>ihavenocluewhatimdoing.jpeg
>find a tutorial (not the ingame one) on how to play the ts2
>play the Grunts some more
>start building more in Strangetown, building lookalikes to the preexisting Maxis buildings because what is creativity (i was a boring child)
>mostly screw around with premade sims, setting houses on fire and the like
>play with the Grunts the most, adding and building so much stuff TS started to lag like crazy
>not know about corruption, use TCE like a madman, deleting sims and using Tombstone of Life and Death like there's no tomorrow

There's not much about playing with the actual sims that I remember here.

>fastforward about 3 months, getting the hang of the game
>see signs of corruption (mostly broken thought/chat bubbles)
>wonder what they are
>not care
>fastforward another 3 months
>boot up potatoXP comp
>load TS2
>Stragetown doesn't load, comp BSoDs for whatever reason
>ehh, whatever
>reboot comp and TS2
>Strangetown image has been replaced by Downtown (I had TS2 Double Deluxe)
>wuttheheck.png
>try to open it
>TS2 crashes
>darnet
>it had been corrupted beyond repair
That was the life and death of Strangetown for a 6 y/o me.
I think TS2 itself had been corrupted, but the comp was carted off for a newer one a short while after.
Instructor
#211 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 9:58 PM
Pascal Curious and Stella Terrano have married, but during the wedding Vidcund was at work. Pascals' kid turned to a teen. Lazlo give birth to a girl.
Instructor
#212 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
I made a movie about a CAS family's life and included the birth of Pascals's alien baby for no reason. But YouTube did not let me upload it, because back then YT had time limit. That video file is gone now, I really wanted to see it. :/ The movie was really amateur and the graphics was bad, because i was a beginner at everything, i was 9-10 years old then.

I found the video file yesterday. It's 24 minutes long and has unfitting Disney, Barbie and Anastasia music and some pop. The quality is horrible.. There was a scene with romantic music while the repairman did something with the toilet. But I was 8 years old and I didn't understood English (which is not my first language) and the music is in all English, so I can't blame my younger self.
The first part is about the CAS family who lives in that 2 room yellow premade house. It was extended with more rooms and the decorations were colourful and childish. The outside was full of moveobject things, like blue tile on the road. There was a children's bed in front of the house and the kids wore weird colourful clothing that I made with bodyshop. The house had FFS and Pets rugs all over like here under the piano: http://i.imgur.com/ORf0bQy.png
Ok, now the Curious family. It started with the cinematics alien baby birth scene. When the baby floated mystical balalaika music started playing, so I think it was fitting. Then there was a CAS woman with hawaii clothing and she had a girl with custom bodyshop clothing (the basegame toodler pajama had a crop top ._.). And the alien boy had red hair and pink face paint. There is that weird path outside the house, I colored that with the paw carpet .. The Curious brothers were moved out, I think, because I have not seen them after the baby born.
The end was in some other neighborhood with a child going outside to a wolf and a woman with mermaid clothes swimming in the carpet while other woman was asleep in a double bed.

Memories
Field Researcher
#213 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 5:32 PM Last edited by srtv : 1st Sep 2016 at 8:00 PM.
I don´t like this neighborhood, but in my custom neighborhood with recreated Maxi Families, I made the Loner Guy and the Grunt Family, Ajay is called "Bartolo" on my game (that's the original name on my language), so Ajay was married to Jessica Peterson, but she was cheating him with a lot of Sims, especially with Vincent from the Bitville story, so he divorce her and now is married to Patricia Wan... his previous house is now owned by Sharon Wirth, because she run away after the scandal with her sister and the husband of the sister. And the Grunt, well the General thinks that a well made family needs a woman, so he searched to blind dates, and finally get a wife in the form of Martha Russell from the Riverside subhood, right now I want to see the relationships between the sons of the General and the new stepmother...
Test Subject
#214 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 2:58 AM
Every little detail? Well, this might take a while.

Beaker:
Nervous asked for Pascal's help in escaping the Beaker lab. Loki challenged Pascal to a fight, and proceeded to get beaten to a pulp (didn't expect that). So Nervous moved in with Pascal. We'll get back to him later.
So because they no longer had a test subject, Loki and Circe decided to make their own test subjects. They had a girl, whom I named Psyche. Loki summoned aliens, and had a boy named Eros. They didn't exactly treat these kids well - as toddlers, they were fed dog food and slept on the floor, and when they grew up, they were kept home from school and isolated in the basement. The only person outside the family who knew these kids existed was the maid.
When they were teenagers, Eros was driven insane and fed himself to the cowplant (Circe drank his essence), and then Psyche moved out whilst her parents were asleep. She now lives in Downtown with her daughter, Hedone.

Curious:
So naturally, the first things to happen with these guys is that Vidcund got abducted and Pascal had his alien baby, Tycho. Nervous moved into the house temporarily, before him, Pascal and Tycho all moved into the Specter house.
Lazlo, with much difficulty, finally got Crystal Vu to reciprocate his feelings. He moved out into his own place and moved in Crystal. They lived in sin for a bit until she had a miscarriage. So once her mood was back up, they got married. They both reached the top of their careers (Science and Athletics) and have three children: the twins, Franklin and Maxwell, and their younger brother Watson. Recently, Crystal started having an affair with a townie called Ron Young. I allowed it because, well, we need more drama here.

Vidcund had twins, a boy and a girl. I named them Apollo and Artemis. He met Lola and, neither of them knowing they were half-siblings, they ended up getting married. They have two biological children, Thanatos and Nemesis, and four adopted children, Hemera, Nyx, Hypnos and Eris. For some reason, Vidcund and Lola's LTWs rerolled and because they both have Family as their secondary aspiration, they want 6 grandchildren and to marry off 6 children, respectively.
Apollo is a Knowledge sim, and is now married to the maid, Genesis Lam. Artemis is a Pleasure sim, and married a dormie, Carla Macarevich. Carla's a Romance sim, though, so god knows how long that's going to last. Both took their respective spouse's name, since I didn't want too many households with the name Curious. Thanatos and Nemesis are both Knowledge sims and just started college.

Grunt:
Tank followed in his father's footsteps and is now a general. I changed his aspiration to Fortune during college. He currently has no interest in finding a spouse, and just wants to make money.
Buck ended up eloping with Jill Smith. They lived Downtown for a while and had two children, Jack and John. He works in the medical career, and she paints.
Buzz didn't take Buck's disappearance well, and had a bit of a mid-life crisis. He soon also found out that his ex-wife was dead. He quickly married Erin Beaker, despite their initial lack of common interests. He's now retired, and the two have three children together: Aaron, Edd and Linda.

Loner:
Ah yes, one of the most normal families in Strangetown. Also the most boring, really. Ajay married Kristen Loste, achieved his LTW of becoming a prestidigitator, and they have a teenage daughter called Emma, who is also a Fortune sim like them.

Singles:
The first thing I did with this household was change all of their surnames to what they should be. After that, it was mostly just working on careers before they each eventually married into other households. Except Chloe, who was the first to move out. She set up a brothel in Downtown, along with Stella Terrano (whose aspiration was changed to Romance, naturally).

Smith:
Not much to say here. PT9 died of old age, and Jenny committed suicide via poison. Jill inherited the house.

Specter:
Ophelia was in college when Olive died. However, the old widow didn't die alone - Nervous and pals moved in just before she croaked, and she got to spend her final moments with her son. Soon after, all of the graves were moved to a cemetery, because the ghosts were annoying. Nervous changed his surname to his mother's.
Eventually, romance bloomed between Nervous and Pascal, and they got hitched. They adopted a girl and named her Persephone. Strangely enough, she looks just like her grandmother. Nervous also got abducted by aliens and had a boy named Hades. Persephone is a Popularity sim and just started college, whereas Hades is a Family sim and is still a teenager.
(After Pascal dies of old age, I plan on making Nervous follow in his mother's footsteps and become a serial killer himself.)

Midlock:
Who are the Midlock family, you ask? Well, when Tycho Curious was a child, he had a best friend named Emily Midlock. She was a downtownie. One day, he rolled a fear of seeing her die, and in that moment, I knew they had to be together. They aged up together, and dated as teenagers before going to college together. However, I realised that somehow, Emily had aged up with no aspiration. So I gave her the Grilled Cheese aspiration. They're now married, and have adopted 4 children: Emmy, Jenna, Quinten, and Bill. They also have a biological daughter, Katie. Tycho is working his way up the Education career track.

Nigmos:
Another large family, because I can't seem to stop making them even though they're a pain to control.
So Ripp, Johnny, and Ophelia were all in the same dorm in college, and I was wondering who should go with whom. Eventually I just decided to shove them into a ménage à trois. So they're all married to each other. I changed Ripp's aspiration to Knowledge. Johnny is in a custom Organised Crime career (might change that to Paranormal), whilst Ripp aims to become a Chief of Staff. Ophelia has no job, because someone needs to look after the children.
They worship the Grey Lady as a fertility goddess, and have a small crop garden. There are 4 children: Rachel (Johnny's), Oliver (Ripp's), Ira and Uma (both adopted, considered Ripp and Ophelia's children). Ripp is also alien-pregnant.

So to cut a long story short, the population of Strangetown has more than doubled, and almost every family is connected to each other in one huge family tree. The only exception is the Loner/Loste family. This is in approximately one generation. Hopefully, the Specter family hobby can cull the population before it get's completely out of control.
Test Subject
#215 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 10:54 AM
Hands down!!!, I LOVED Strangetown. It was amazing, Alright lets begin:
Olive Specter: Found her son and gave him her house after her death.
Aaron Specter (Nervous Subject): He married Pascal Curious and adopted a baby with him which I named Opal , Pascal has realized that he was doing all the kids' upbringing and he told Aaron that if he doesn't help him with the kids they will have a divorce, which they did have a divorce. After the divorce, Pascal was nowhere to be found, therefore Aaron gave Cosmo (Pascal's alien baby)(Now a teen) to Jenny Smith, He later married Kristen Loste and had a biological child with named Pamela who is now a teen.
Opal Curious-Specter:Right now she is playing both of the Beakers' sons Luca and Felix, As ordered by Aaron. ( Now a teen)
Cosmo Curious:He is halfway through being a teen and is living with Jenny Smith.
Loki and Circe: They had a son named Luca, and Loki has had another son named Felix due to an alien abduction, they also reached the top of their careers, after Pascal's divorce with Aaron, they kidnapped Pascal and made him their new test subject, that is how he disappeared, Loki having enough of Pascal fed him to their cowplant , and little do they know Aaron's adoptive daughter is playing both of their boys at the same time. (Currently Elders)
Pascal Curious: Had his alien baby Cosmo, He married Aaron (Nervous) for a while and adopted Opal with him, after his divorce with Aaron he was kidnapped by the Beakers tested on for many years until Loki killed him with his cowplant and the whole Strangetown found out and hated Loki for it.
Vidcund and Erin: I married Vidcund off to Erin Beaker (singles), they have a son Ethan ( Now a child), and Vidcund had his alien baby UFO ( Now a teen), and he hates Loki Beaker, and Erin doesn't hate him of course, but she is very dissapointed in him.
Lazlo and Crystal: Married, and they have a daughter Tina ( Currently a teen, Just had her birthday), and Lazlo had an alien baby which i called Patience.
Tank: I married him off to fake Bella Goth, and they have 2 daughters Gigi and Kimiko ( Now kids) with another baby on the way. Gigi actually want to join the military when she's older, I am planning to make her Strangetown's first female general.
General Buzz: I killed him off by forcing his old age with tombstone of L and D, he also had a crush on Bella so he sometimes kissed her out of nowhere.
Ripp : Married Genesis , the maid and had a biological child with her named Raphael and also adopted a baby boy named Jax ( Both are toddlers).
Buck & Jill: Went to University together, and now are married with a baby which I named Margery.
Jenny & PT9 : PT9 is dead, and Jenny is still alive due to elixir of life, raising Cosmo.
Johnny & Ophelia: They are married with 3 daughters, Beatrix, Mia and Xina they have 2 cats and their family is struggling lately.
Ajay Loner: Married Brooke a CAS female, I made for him, they are extremely poor and their son Ryan is a teenage criminal, and he is dating 3 girls ( pleasure aspiration and secondary romance aspiration)( Ryan not Ajay).
Lola singles: Dead from me not paying attention to her hunger meter.
Chloe Singles: Runs a salon that is doing okay, married to Johnson ( a townie) and has a son Freddy that literally just aged to a teen.
Scholar
#216 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 7:12 PM
Love reading these updates to one of my fav. hoods !
Will try to add a bit more later.

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#217 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 12:20 PM
What happened in my Strangetown story?
Well,let me just open SimPE and tell you the stories of my Strangetown...
I'm going off what I know, plus memories from SimPE

Curious
I started playing the Curious brothers first... their stories are fairly long, so you might wanna sit back for this
Pascal Curious (story in Grunt household)
Lazlo Curous got a promotion and kissed Crystal Vu for the first time, made out with her and fell in love with her. He proposed and they got engaged as she joined the family after their marriage. He had his very first WooHoo with Crystal (now Curious) and they had a great wedding party. He saved Crystal from the Grim Reaper and had Kwite and Oviuslee Curious (hint the play-on-words pun thing that I did with thei names... Quite Curious... Obviously Curious... ) he earned $5,000 and taught Kwite to talk, then earned $10,000 and potty trained Oviuslee and Kwite. Then he taught Oviuslee to walk and had an affair with Aiyana Curious (more info later). Oviuslee and Kwite grew up well and there was a fire... somewhere idk... I don't remember...
Vidcund Curious met aliens and became pregnant, he met Aiyana (more info later) the house maid and Libette Curious was born. He kissed Aiyana for the first time and made out with her, then he fell in love with her and they got engaged. He taught Tycho (Pascal's son) to talk and had his very first WooHoo with Aiyana (when she was still a maid so he got the "help around the house" description on his memory). He got a promotion and taught Libette to walk, then he got married to Aiyana (resulting in her moving in) and Libette grew up well. He had a great wedding party and earned $5,000 before teaching Libette to study and did (normal (no maid thingy)) WooHoo with Aiyana... (strange.... town! ahahahah .... I'm not funny) Libette got an A+ then him and Aiyana had Caesar Curious. At the wedding of Nervous (Subject) Specter and Chryseda Del Vato (still teen - I have inteen and insim in my game) he had a fight with Chloe (Curious-Smith) Gieke and then lost a fight with her...
Crystal (Vu) Curious married Lazlo Curious, they did WooHoo, had a great wedding party. She got a job (can't seem to remember which one... might be education or business) and made out with Lazlo. She cheated death (was saved by Lazlo) and had Kwite and Oviuslee. She got demoted and learned how to make Omelettes... (okay then...) she got a promotion and taught Kwite to walk and Oviuslee to talk, got another promotion and both Oviuslee and Kwite grew up well. She earned $5,000.
Aiyana Curious (what you've been waiting for - or skipped down to) met Vidcund Curious, had very first kiss with him and fell in love with him, got engaged, then married. Moved in with Vidcund and had a great wedding party, then made out with Vidcund and did WooHoo for the very first time with him. Had an affair with Lazlo Curious (they flirted once ) and taught Oviuslee and Kwite to study. She had Caesar Curious... thats all
Tycho Curious (story before he moved out) learned to talk from Vidcund Curious and grew up well. Then he moved out... (not much... I know)
Libette Curious learned to walk from Vidcund and grew up well. Then learned to study from Vidcund and got an A+ report card.
Oviuslee Curious, potty trained by Lazlo and learned to talk from Crystal. Then learned to walk from Lazlo and grew up well with his twin brother (Kwite) and learned to study from Aiyana.
Kwite Curious (twins... forgot to say) learned to talk from Lazlo and potty trained by Lazlo. Learned to walk from Crystal and grew up well with his twin brother, Oviuslee. Learned to study from Aiyana.
AND FINALLY - Caesar Curious (who was born and then I moved to a different family) just has memories of Pascal getting engaged and married and Johnny Smith growing up well.

Beaker
Haven't played the family very much.

Circe Beaker made out with Loki. Got a promotion.
Loki Beaker made out with Circe. Had memories of Erin getting engaged and having Joined Union.
Nervous Subject (before I changed his last name to Specter, after his mother - Olive Specter) has vermin memories (vermin in Beaker house when first played). Kissed Chryseda Del Vato for the first time and went steady with her. Then he moved out of the Beaker's house (away from the testing) in with Chryseda Del Vato.

Smith
Haven't played much, as far as I played - Johnny grew up into an adult and I changed all their clothes and hairstyles

Singles
Dispatched family - merged with Ajay Loner without playing with them individually.
Erin Beaker (Loner household)
Lola Curious-Smith (Loner household)
Chloe Curious-Smith (Gieke household)
Kristen Loste (Larson household)

Gieke
First, merged with Ajay Loner. Then seperated to individual household.

Chester Gieke (Lola is part of his family now - married to Chloe) kissed Chloe for the first time, made out and fell in love with her. Got engaged and married to her as she joined the family. Moved out of Ajay Loner's house into seperate house nearby. Moved in. Met Aliens and had very first WooHoo with Chloe, then met aliens again... twice... Passed out and had an accident. had Sucha (girl, his own alien baby) and Issa Gieke (boy, had with Chloe), learned parenting and taught Sucha to talk and to sing a nursurey rhyme. Taught Sucha to walk and potty trained Issa. Got a job and met aliens... again (i'm gonna make him have lots of alien babies) then he had Notta Gieke (female). Issa and Sucha both grew up well (basically twins because both related and born on same day at same time)
Chloe (Curious-Singles) Gieke lost a fight with Erin Beaker and made enemies. Won a fight with Erin Beaker, then lost a fight with her. Her sister Lola got engaged and married. Kissed Chester Gieke for the first time, made out with him and got engaged and married to him. Moved out of Ajay's house and Johnny Smith grew up well. Moved in and got a job (most likely Slacker career because of Romance aspiration) then had very first WooHoo with Chester and got a promotion, then burned some hamburgers and had Issa Gieke. Learned parenting and got another promotion. Taught Issa to talk and to sing a nursery rhyme, taught him to walk and potty trained Sucha. Had Notta and got a promotion. Issa grew up well. Won a fight (at Nervous-Chryseda wedding) with Vidcund Curious twice.
Issa Gieke (Is a geek) learned to talk and walk from Chloe. Potty trained by Chester and grew up well with Sucha.
Sucha Gieke (Such a geek) learned to talk and walk from Chester and potty trained by Chloe. Grew up well with Issa.
Notta Gieke (Not a geek) Issa and Sucha grew up well.

Larson
First, merged with Ajay Loner (Jodie stayed). Then seperated to individual household.

Jason Larson kissed Kristen Loste for the first time, there was a fire and he made out with Kristen. Got engaged to Kristen and fell in love with her, then got married and she joined the family. Had very first WooHoo with her and moved out with her. Moved in.
Jodie Larson (story in Loner household)
Kristen (Loste-Singles) Larson kissed and made out with Jason Larson then got engaged and fell in love with Jason. They got married and had very first WooHoo together. Moved out. Moved in

Loner
Ajay Loner kissed Lola for the first time and made out with her, got engaged and married to Lola. Lola joined the family, as well as Chloe and the other family members on Lola's side. Fell in love with Lola and did very first WooHoo with Lola Loner. Archie Del Vato (family friend) died and inherited money from him. Got a job and got a promotion. Had Leticia Loner.
Lola (Curious-Smith) Loner, there was a fire... for some reason... and kissed Ajay for the first time, made out with him and got engaged and married to him, then fell in love with him. Chloe got engaged and married. Had very first WooHoo with Ajay, Johnny Smith grew up well. Archie Del Vato (family friend) died and inherited money from him. Got a job and had Leticia Loner.
Erin (Beaker-Singles) Larson won a fight with Chloe and made enemies with her. Lost, then won a fight with Chloe. Kissed Jodie for the first time, made out with her and then fell in love with her. Got engaged and married (Joined Union) to Jodie Larson. Jason Larson and Kristen Larson joined the family. Had very first WooHoo with Jodie and adopted Angel Larson. Got a job and had Ralph and Ronan Larson.
Jodie Larson, there was a fire and Kristen joined the family. Kissed Erin Beaker for the first time and made out with her as well as fell in love with her. She got engaged and married (aka Joined Union) to Erin Beaker (now Larson). Did very first WooHoo with Erin (Beaker) Larson. Got a job and adopted Angel Larson. (using cheats each mother parent in the household had one baby) had Ralph Larson, had Ronan Larson.
Angel Larson has no official story yet, apart from being adopted.
Ralph Larson - no story, just born.
Ronan Larson -no story, just born.
Leticia Loner -no, story just born.

Grunt
General Buzz Grunt, there was a fire. Kissed Pascal for the first time, fell in love with Pascal Curious. Made out and got engaged to Pascal Curious. Got married (Joined Union) to Pascal. Had very first WooHoo with Pascal (Curious) Grunt. Got a big bonus, Tank and Buck got an A+. Earned $50,000.
Tank Grunt, there was a fire and he had an accident. Lost 2 fights with Ripp. Made enemies (then I cheated and they became best friend because they were constantly fighting). General Buzz got engaged and married. Pascal Grunt joined the family. Got a job in Military. Got an A+ report card and Buck got an A+. Learned to study from Pascal Grunt.
Ripp Grunt, there was a fire and won 2 fights with Tank. Enemies, then bestfriends with Tank (due to cheats). General Buzz got engaged and married, then Pascal joined the family. Tank and Buck got A+.
Buck Grunt, there was a fire and General Buzz got engaged and married. Then Pascal joined the family. Got an A+ report card with Tank. Learned to study from Pascal Grunt.
Pascal (Curious) Grunt got abducted and became pregnant (obviously), later he had an alien son - Tycho Curios. He burned a TV dinner (how unfortunate ). He got a promotion, then had another promotion. He had a fight with Aiyana Curious (more coming on that) and made enemies with her. Tycho grew up well and him and Tycho moved out into the Grunt household. Moved in and there was a fire, earned $5,000 and kissed General Buzz for the first time. Fell in love, made out, got engaged and got married to General Buzz Grunt. Tank, Ripp and Buck joined the family. Had very first WooHoo with General Buzz. Taught Tank, Tycho and Buck to study.
Tycho Curious learned to talk from Vidcund Curious. Grew up well. Moved out. Moved into Grunt house. Related siblings grew up well (Libette, Oviuslee, Kwite). There was a fire. Pascal engaged and married to General Buzz. General Buzz, Tank, Ripp and Buck joined the family. Learned to study from Pascal Grunt. Johnny Smith and Sucha Gieke grew up well.

Specter
Olive Specter tried to kill Henrietta Del Vato and Samantha Del Vato (second time successful). Lost a fight with Henrietta Del Vato. Samantha Del Vato Died. Lost a fight with Archie Del Vato, lost another fight with Henrietta Del Vato. Made enemies with Henrietta. Nervous got engaged, met new grandchildren Alexander and Alessia. Nervous got married. Lost three fights with Archie Del Vato (at Nervous Specter wedding)
Ophelia Nigmos - not played as her yet, so no story yet.

(Self-created family) Del Vato
Samantha Del Vato (currently deceased) moved in, burned Mac and Cheese and Spaghetti. Got shocked twice (survived). Got a job and cheated death (saved by Chryseda) then murdered by Olive Specter (died of disease, used cheats to make realistic)
Chryseda (pronounced: Cress-ed-uh) (Del Vato) Specter moved in, got a job in Culinary. Learned to study from Archie Del Vato, saved Samantah from the Grim Reaper. Lost Samantha to the Grim Reaper (witness of the murder by Olive Specter). Samantha died. Won the Orphaned Sims Assistance Fund. Had a great party. Got a promotion. Adopted by Annie Louie. Got an A+ report card. Very first kiss with Nervous and kissed him for the first time. Went steady with Nervous and made out with him. Fell in love with Nervous and he moved in. Got engaged to Nervous, had very first WooHoo with Nervous. Had Alexander and Alessia Del Vato. Got Archie Del Vato's business lot. Got married to Nervous and had a great wedding party. Archie Del Vato Died and inherited money. Henrietta Del Vato died and inherited money.
Henrietta Del Vato moved in. Got a job and made out with Archie. Cheated death (was saved by Archie) and won a fight with Olive Specter. Samantha Del Vato died. Won another fight with Olive Specter and made enemies with her. Met Annie Louie (Chryseda's adopted mother) and she joined the family. Chryseda got an A+. Nervous Specter joined the family and Chryseda got engaged. Met new great grandchildren Alexander and Alessia Del Vato. Chryseda got married. Archie Del Vato died and inherited money from him. Died of old age.
Archie Del Vato moved in. Opened first business. Taught Chryseda to study. Made out with Henrietta. Saved Henrietta from the Grim Reaper. Samantha Del Vato died. Won a fight with Olive Specter. Got a job and met Annie Louie (Chryseda's adopted mother) and she joined the family. Chryseda got an A+. Got a promotion and Nervous moved in. Chryseda got engaged and met new great grandchildren Alexander and Alessia Del Vato. Chryseda got married. Won three fights with Olive Specter and became enemies with her. Got a promotion and reached the top of the business career (teen-elder track). Died of old age.
Annie Louie met Chryseda Del Vato, met Nervous Specter. Adopted Chryseda Del Vato and moved in. Saw the ghost of Samantha Del Vato. Nervous Specter moved in. Chryseda got engaged. Met new grandchildren Alexander and Alessia Del Vato. Chryseda got married. Archie died and inherited money from him. Henrietta died and inherited money from her.
Nervous Specter made out with Chryseda and fell in love with her, got engaged to her and had very first WooHoo with her. Got a job in Culinary. Had Alexander Del Vato and Alessia Del Vato (twins) then got married to Chryseda (Del Vato) Specter (still teen) and had a great wedding party.
Alexander Del Vato (twin), Nervous and Chryseda got married. Great grandparents Archie and Henrietta died.
Alessia Del Vato (twin), Nervous and Chryseda got married. Great grandparents Archie and Henrietta died.

That's all guys! Stay tuned... I may update it at a later date! Thanks for taking the time to read.
Test Subject
#218 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 5:40 PM
Time for a small update, since I've been playing Strangetown a bit recently.
No deaths, so far, mostly aging up the younger generation. Also, starting to regret not playing the families in rotation, because most of the Grunts are far younger than they should be. The Curious family is just far more interesting I guess. Anyways...
Curious:
Lola and Vidcund's eldest six children (Thanatos, Nemesis, Hemera, Nyx, Hypnos and Eris) have all graduated from college, and currently live Downtown (since there's a serious lack of housing in Strangetown itself). Because Lola and Vidcund both have Family as secondary aspirations, they both rolled the want for 10 children. So they adopted an additional 4 children: Morpheus, Chronos, Mnemosyne, and Pontus. Currently searching for potential spouses for the 6 adult children.
Thanatos, Nemesis, Nyx and Hypnos have the Knowledge aspiration, Hemera has Fortune aspiration, and Eris has Pleasure.

Maxwell and Franklin Curious (both Knowledge sims) are currently in college with their girlfriends: Emma Loner and Vicki Hourvitz (a former child townie), respectively. Emma is a Fortune sim, whereas Vicki is a Family sim.
Specter:
Persephone graduated college, and got engaged to a random dormie whose name I can't remember. (Their relationship is only temporary, anyway. It's for the sake of tragic backstory.)

Hmm, now that I've typed it up, it doesn't seem like much. Guess I'd better go catch up with the Grunt and Nigmos families.
Forum Resident
#219 Old 21st May 2017 at 10:17 AM Last edited by KittyCarey : 21st May 2017 at 11:34 AM.
Default Strangetown, 20 years on...
Twenty years have passed since I first visited Strangetown, and lots of changes have taken place since.

Beaker Family
Loki Beaker (50) and Circe Beaker (52) have both climbed their career ladders in the last twenty years, though progress has slowed lately due to their lack of formal qualifications. Loki is now a Scholar at a prestigious university science department, while Circe is a well-regarded surgeon. Determined not to let their brilliant (to them) genes die out, they had a daughter, Hecate Beaker (17). Hecate is a younger, female version of her father, and has always been Loki's darling - though Circe is also proud of her. Hecate is also a Knowlege sim, and plans to head to university next year.

Loki's original test subject is long gone, but his green daughter Alien Subject (14) is still living in the basement room and cleaning the house, in between Loki's experiments. Loki thinks anyone so obsessed by Grilled Cheese can't possibly be a threat to him, but young Alien is more determined than her father...

The final inhabitant of the Beaker household is Hecate's dog, Maxwell.

Curious Family
Pascal Curious (57) is the only one of the three brothers still living in their original home (now re-designed to allow easier access - and more bedrooms). He has slowly progressed up the Science career by fits and starts, somewhat hampered by the incident with the rocket on the department's roof. He's now an inventor, and continues to dream of a promotion to Scholar. Apart from a brief burst of curiousity about romance when he turned 50 and found himself grey haired, Pascal has never been interested in a romantic relationship. He has, however, been continually fascinated by the aliens, and three alien sons: The Curious Brothers, Generation 2. Sirius Curious (19), the nice, neat and serious one, has just finished his first year at university, studying Physics. Orion Curious (15), the neat, serious and snarky one, is trying to study everything and madly in love with Hecate Beaker, who ignores him. Castor Curious (12), the young, playful, and messy one, thinks learning is fun - as it should be. Although Vidcund has moved out, his alien daughter Cassiopeia Curious (18) still lives with her uncle and cousins, though she is about to head to university to prepare for a career in medicine.

Vidcund Curious (52) had been following the same path as his older brother, until a distressing incident of alleged plagiarism ended his scientific career. He then turned his robot-making hobby into a source of income, setting up a very successful business called Curious Robotics. When he realised he was 50, grey haired, and had never woohooed, he turned thought into action and married former Diva Sharon Riley-Curious (39). They live together in the city, and Sharon is expecting their first child.

The final Curious family, in a red house on the Road to Nowhere, is Lazlo Curious (49), his wife Kristen Curious (44), nee Loste, and their son Eric Curious (9). Eric was born in the main Curious household, and Lazlo and Kristen appreciated the free babysitting (someone was always home from work), but as Eric got older the house felt too cramped for all of them - and Lazlo's promotion up the Oceanography career meant he only worked in the mornings, while Kristen's Dance career happened in the evenings - so one of them is always home anyway. The house is a cheerful one; and there is always someone jumping on the couch.

Grunt Family
The inhabitants of the Grunt residence on the Road to Nowhere have changed a lot in 20 years: General Edwin "Buzz" Grunt (61) is the only original inhabitant still there. He is still a General in the army, and still has the same biases and prejudices he always had (in my game: no doubt there are nice General Grunts out there). He's been married for the last 17 years to Erin Grunt (45), nee Beaker, who has settled into a happy life raising her children and climbing the Education career ladder (she's now a high school teacher), even if she does have to be careful not to invite any green-skinned friends home. Their eldest son Thomas Grunt (15) is living up to his father's expectations at the moment, and if he has any doubts about a future in the military he keeps them to himself. Tom and the General are both very keen on Fitness, so they get on well. The middle child, Charles Grunt (13), is accepted by the General - and dreams of outshining all his family with wealth and fame. The General and Erin's youngest child and only daughter Laura Grunt (10) is Daddy's little Princess and can do no wrong... yet.

The General's eldest son and former heir, Anthony Grunt (35), aka Tank, followed his father's instructions to the letter: a teen job in the military, a history degree at university (where he spend his time fighting alien and political science student Johnny Smith), and then a career in the military once he moved back in with the family. Then, six years ago, everything came unstuck when the General suggested marriage might be a good idea: Anthony came home with a boyfriend, Geoffrey Jennings, and the General kicked him out of the house. Now Anthony lives in a little house of his own, has broken up with Geoffrey and is desperately trying to get back in his father's good graces by ascending the military ranks...

Anthony's brothers, however, couldn't care less what their father thinks of them. Philip Grunt (33), aka Ripp, and Brian Grunt (29) share a flat next door to the Strangetown shops, and enjoy life. Philip is well on his way to his dream of being a Rock God, and has a harem of five different girlfriends who visit in turn and all know the score. Brian's life of fun mostly involves video games, which he does as a career as well as a hobby, and he's had many different dates with many different sims, male and female. So far he's been cautious of a serious relationship - his parents' traumatic divorce when he was small hasn't helped - but maybe the right sim will come along soon.

Smith Family
The Matriarch of the Smith Family, Jenny Smith (62), is now a widow, after PT9 died 14 years ago. She's still working as a GP, though thinking of retiring to spend more time with her many grandchildren. Her son Johnny Nigmos-Smith (36) and his wife Ophelia Nigmos-Smith (36) both live in the Smith house, now extended, with their seven children: Hermione Nigmos-Smith (12), twins Beatrice Nigmos-Smith and Olivia Nigmos-Smith (10), Edmund Nigmos-Smith (6), Rosalind Nigmos-Smith (4), Imogen Nigmos-Smith (2), and baby Sebastian Nigmos-Smith. All of the children apart from Olivia and Edmund have green skin, so they certainly stand out. Johnny is making progress towards his dream Political career, while the near-constant childbearing has slowed Ophelia's - she's still a primary school teacher.

Johnny's sister Jill Smith (29) has had a hard few years: she was engaged to Francis Worthington at university, but broke the engagement when he got drunk and accepted Brian Grunt's dare to kiss another girl. Then she lost her job in Oceanography after a nasty bout of pneumonia that she only survived by moving in with her mother and the rest of the family. Now she's back on her own, back in Oceanography, and slowly re-building everything she's lost - maybe even including her relationship with Francis, who is now newly divorced...

Specter/Thanasia Family
Olive Specter died 14 years ago, leaving everything to her son including a new name and an escape from the Beakers. So Nervous Subject is now Mortimer Thanasia (41), the wealthy owner of a much-expanded house (LotAdjuster is great) and the husband of Ajay Loner (44). Despite Mortimer's promotions in the police force, he still can't rescue his alien daughter from the Beakers, but Mortimer and Ajay did adopt the entire Newson family when they were found hiding in a warehouse on the edge of Strangetown. All six have thrived in their new home: Ginger Thanasia-Newson (18) turned down the chance to go to college to stay with her townie boyfriend David Gibson; Gavin Thanasia-Loner (17) is excitedly preparing for college and the financial opportunities a degree will offer; Gabriella Thanasia-Loner (15) has made many friends and is planning to dance her way to stardom on the big screen; Gallagher Thanasia-Loner (13) wants to have fun and mend cars, both of which he can now do; and Garrett Thanasia-Loner and Georgia Thanasia-Loner (9) are making friends, playing games, and pranking people. All six children use(d) both adoptive fathers' names as kids - once they turn 18 they can choose their own surname.

And finally, the Singles Household
Erin and Kristen both moved out fairly soon, though all four former housemates have remained friends.

Chloe Curious (44) lives in a rented flat trying to woohoo with as many men as possible: she's currently got to about 15. The arrival of her daughter Diana Curious (9) slowed progress down, though Diana doesn't seem to mind who her mother brings home. They also have a cockatoo, called Ernie.

Lola Curious (44) lives a little further down the road with her wife Lilly Dowling (43) and their daughter Lucy Dowling (8). Lola has almost reached the top of the architecture career, which she's delighted about, while Lilly is a scientist who is trying to learn everything.
Test Subject
#220 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
What did you do with Tank Grunt, Nervous Subject, and the rest? Tell us every little detail of what happened with the Maxis premade characters in Strangetown in your game.

Strangetown is one of my favorite neighborhoods. I've really expanded it, adding more houses, apartment buildings and places to visit. Because of it's small size (only a few streets) I find it ironic that I eventually needed a second cemetery to accommodate all these gravestones. I've even made mausoleums for the bigger families, like the Smiths and Grunts. Like my other premade neighborhoods, most of the families from the start of the game are now 3-4 generations ahead, being the grandchildren or great-grandchildren of the original youngest generation. My favorite families here were always the Grunts (such an interesting family, I loved Ripp and even reformed Tank to be less of a jerk), and the Singles (Erin was BEAUTIFUL, I even made her have 5 kids just to pass on her good genes). In fact, the Grunts and Loners are the ONLY family names I can trace back to the very beginning of the game. Everyone else has either married into another family I currently have, or have since died off.

So let's start with the main family, the Smiths. Pollination Tech 9 and Jenny eventually died of old age - Jenny actually lived with Jill when she married, if I'm not mistaken, in the days leading to her death. Johnny married Ophelia and had a child, but they died off. I had built a "haunted house" of sorts (still stands actually) and they had moved in there and died mysteriously. I was inspired by American Horror Story to make the house, and even made it similar to the one on the show. Many a family has moved in there and met their ends earlier than expected. Jill married Buck Grunt and they had twins. The children of one of the twins is actually still alive today.

Olive Specter died of old age; before she died, however, I moved all the graves on her home lot to the cemetery I created at the time which was brand new.

The Grunts are still around in my game. In fact, it is Buck's grandchild who heads this family now. I forget his name, but he is married to Susan Vogel (a family I made, more on them later) and they have 2 children. They also have a fondness for dogs. They are no longer a military family, as you can imagine. Ripp and Tank's descendants are in another family, and don't bear the Grunt name. They actually live in the Kim's old house (yes, the Kims from the Pets expansion, I found it fitting to put them in Strangetown. They're actually long gone and died in the haunted house).

The Beakers... Circe married Vidcund Curious (the one I mentioned that is currently a Grunt is actually Vidcund's grandchild). I think Circe was widowed, Loki died, but I don't remember. It's been a long time actually. Nervous went on to marry a townie and they had children, but they died off. The kids were taken by the Social Worker, but his daughter (at least I think it is, she had his eyes), was adopted by the second-gen of a family I created.

Singles... Erin married Tank Grunt and had 5 daughters with him. One died of heatstroke. The others all had their own children and they are actually the ancestors of quite a few current residents. Erin was so beautiful, one of my favorites for sure. Their eldest daughter was Freyja, then they had their other daughters named after Norse mythology figures or have Germanic names. Kristen Loste married Ajay Loner, and their family still is around 3 generations later; they had some very attractive children, I have to say, and they were very wealthy and kind of still are. Chloe and Lola, I know they each married, but I forget if they have any direct descendants. I'll need to check.

The Curious brothers... only Vidcund has direct descendants if my memory serves me right. His child married into the Grunt family, leading to my current generation of that clan.

As of the date of this post, these are the current families existing in my Strangetown. Keep in mind, only 2 lines from the original set of families still exists, the rest were made by me at some point:

-Grunt (I feel so bad I forget the father's name, his wife is Susan Vogel and they have 2 children and a fondness for dogs)
-Day (Susan's aunt married a townie, and they adopted a few kids; a few of them have since grown and moved; one I suspect was Nervous Subject's daughter, who is now married into one of my newer families)
-Roque (taken from La Fiesta Tech; Gunnar Roque and Jasmine Rai married and had 3 children; their son still carries on the name and has a child with his wife)
-Vogel (a prominent family in town, they have members that married into other families. The current Vogel family has two children left in the house with the townie mother and the original son from when I made the family)
-Loner (direct descendants of Ajay Loner and Kristen Loste, they are still relatively wealthy)
-Doone (elderly man and his Japanese wife, along with 2 sons; one married to Edda Rinsing, a granddaughter of Tank Grunt, and the other brother is about to be married and in the military)
-Starling (Nervous Subject's biological daughter who was adopted by the Days, married the man of this family and they just had a child after several failed attempts, miscarriages, and the deaths of 2 adopted children)
-North (I forget exactly who is in this family, but I know there is an elderly couple, their son, and... I gotta check the family tree)
-Westerly (Lyla-Jean Grunt married the man of this family and is mother to their son)
Mad Poster
#221 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 9:26 PM
Well after reading about a lot of players Strangetown post I decided to install my clean up and fixed version to play in.

Started with the Curious brothers and following the prompts I sent Vidcund to stargaze and after just 10 mins they came to get him.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#222 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 9:04 AM
I think Marka just renovated the house and possibly gave it a real second floor so it would be more playable.
Mad Poster
#223 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Damn, marka. Did you make that house? I want it! It's brilliant.

Yep I just reworked it and gave it a true 2nd floor with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. I got rid of all the extra junk above to.

If you like the floor plan here it is.

I tried to keep the same feel of the house but going all the way up to stargaze took way to much time.
Screenshots

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#224 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:41 PM Last edited by marka93 : 8th Jul 2017 at 7:28 PM.
I gave Nervous Subject a makeover and changed his name to Neckelas Specter. (Yes I know it should have been Nicholas but this is Strangetown.)

After having to call the exterminator to get rid of the roaches something happen to Nervous (roach spray) in that he gain some memories back of his mother and what the Beakers were doing to him.

He called up his long lost mother and ask if he could move in and she said yes.

ADD: The Singles have moved into Lola and Chloe fathers old house. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=561911

I will be changing Lola and Chloe last name to Curious and also change Erin's to Beaker with Kristen getting her families last name of Loste.

Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
You have some mad skills when it comes to lot building. Just know that.

As for lot building I just make them easier for me to play the lots because I like to play from the back looking to the front so I can see who walks by.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#225 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 7:26 PM
Page 9 of 11