Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Custom content causes issue with free will
Recently I found a bunch of old mods on a flash drive, and added them back to my game, since then, I've created a new family. And they barely do anything, except fulfill a motive that's really new. This was also a glitch that happened recently which I forgot about, and it only affects families I created after I put the mod in place. Problem is, there were quite a few so there's no telling which one it was. I also know the game isn't overloaded either, it's a specific mod causing the issue.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:49 PM
Seems like it is 50% O'clock !
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Custom_Content
This method of finding what causing your trouble is very effective, but for less similar situations in the future, I would advise you to always place new mods in a separate folder, the time you test if everything still works fine. Then if all breaks, you know exactly where to find the offender(s)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2019 at 10:55 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Feb 2019 at 11:34 PM.
Move out all the mods you added, and move them back in one by one. If you don't know which ones they are, search by date. If you can't find them, you need to do a 50/50 to fix the issue.

Mods are finnicky things - you should always make sure they're compatible with your game configuration, and be wary of a random bunch of mods you haven't used in a while (depending on when you started playing). They can conflict with mods you already have in your game, with each other, with the items they configure, with new EP/SPs, and so on.

A very good idea is to make a folder named "New" or "test" and put things you're unsure of in there. Then you play a few rounds, and if all goes well you move the items to their respective folders.

Personally I keep all downloads in separate folders, so I have everything in a set bunched together. Works for me, may not work for everyone else, but there are plenty of ways as long as you keep it organized.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 6:49 AM
Found the issue: I narrowed down the behavior mods using clean installer, and turned off "no what's this" I figured that could be causing more than them to just stop looking at all new objects, and it turned out to be the perp.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:49 AM
I just had to do this and found out that it was kazarin's fun fight mod for me.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikkiluvz
Found the issue: I narrowed down the behavior mods using clean installer, and turned off "no what's this" I figured that could be causing more than them to just stop looking at all new objects, and it turned out to be the perp.

That's odd because I have nowhat'sthis in my game and it works just fine. You said they're old files; are you sure you don't need to get the right version for your current game configuration if, for instance, you've added EPs that you didn't have before?

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Feb 2019 at 8:55 PM
I also have that mod, nowhatsthis. It does not cause problems in my game either.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)