Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 4:09 PM
Default Exporting community lot with WA adventure items
So as my title sort of says I'm wanting to know how to export a custom Art gallery that has all of the objects a sim could find. (IE droppa stones, fossalized fruit that stuff) Then import it into my custom world. However last time I did that I had everything export correctly but the collections from WA that I just mentioned. Thanks for the help.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 28th Dec 2015 at 9:10 PM
How did you get the WA items into the Art Gallery? If you placed them from a sim's inventory, they will return to the sim when he leaves the lot. If the sims owns the lot, when you export it to the library, the lot will be sold by the game and all items returned to the sim. There is a work around:

1.In Edit Town, change the lot from commercial to residential. Some items may be deleted when you change this, but you can add them back later.
2.Now have the sim with WA items in his inventory buy the lot as his "home" lot, and make him your active household.
3.Place WA items from sim's inventory into his "home" (art gallery) lot.
4.In Edit Town again, evict sim from "home".
5. Check the lot. All the WA items should be there.
6. Change the lot back to commercial and replace any items the game deleted when you first changed it to residential.
7.Save this new lot to library.

Hope this works- good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo