Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Should MTS2 have a new logo?
Yes
284 70.47%
No
83 20.60%
I'd rather thump-a-Delphy instead
36 8.93%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
The ModFather
retired moderator
#26 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:42 PM
I tend to be conservative... I'd keep the old logo. When I've visited the Community the first time, I felt like a stranger...

I know, the logo, the layout, the colour scheme are just a box, it should be less important than the content; but I fear to miss my personal "Linus' blanket"

But don't take me too seriously: I always complain when the things are going to change, and then I always appreciate the changes :D

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:44 PM
By the way, I voted Thump-A-Delphy
Instructor
#28 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XxHalfBloodPrincexX
narlakins thats smart of you. I didn't even think of that. There are probably more then 1000 members to MTS2 some of which are wonderful creators. It would take a long time to view all the logos... and decide between them...

we have nearly 100,000 members at this point in time and more than 1000 of them create stuff...besides you dont need to be a creator/uploader to make a logo. I'm a creator but I know I couldnt possibly think of a new logo.
I'm attached to the one we have now...it could be bigger...and maybe stand out a lil more but i dont see the point in changing it completely. Of course its just my opinion lol.

WickedNoukFamily -- free sims2 sites with hundreds of creations for you to fill your downloads folder with! Some sites offer sims3 content too! :D

Pay Stuff for Free -- Visit Me at My Website: Wicked Sims (sims2 & sims3)
Test Subject
#29 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:00 PM
I'm all for "if it isn't broke don't fix it", but then again this is a forum for modders, who will keep tweeking their house of cards until something explodes. :bombface:
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:11 PM
All of the above.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#31 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
And yes, we'd thought of prizes too. How about lifetime free downloading privilages?

*ahem* who thought that up? :smash: (<--- finally i get to put that smiley to good use.)
Instructor
#32 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:22 PM
this was another one of daysies bright ideas :D
Test Subject
#33 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 11:50 PM
I have an exellent idea! Why not make something that would keep the old logo, but still make it new... A shiny MTS2 logo! (Just an idea...)
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:06 AM Last edited by Dr. BaconStein : 3rd Aug 2005 at 1:15 AM.
I think a new logo, as well as maybe some new forum skins, would be nice. It isn't like, uber-necessary, but it would be nice. :hmm: I was actually thinking of making one myself, just for the heck of it. I'm pretty good at PhotoShop, so if you do decide on making a logo sometime, I can help.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 2:11 AM
I voted no. I like the logo, and it is a trademark - and a somewhat well known logo at that. I actually have it as a 4x4 inch bumper sticker on my van and since January (when I made it) I have recieved two comments on it by strangers who both knew what it was. It blew my mind so much when the first one asked "Where did you get a Mod The Sims 2 sticker?" I was in the Wallmart parking lot getting out of my car and the people parked next to me (their kid recognised it) had just bought Uni. When I got home I made another sticker and burned my entire Downloads directory to a CD and kept it in my car. I know this violatets some creators sharing policies but I only did it once and I have no content from paysites, so please forgive me. The second person who recognised it had actually taken all hacks out of their game and been playing Uni with no hacks ever since (this was in May) because they "screw up the EP". I was delighted as I asked them if they want a sticker. They sort of did but didn't think anyone would know what it was. I gave them the sticker and the CD and said: This CD is my entire downloads directory with over 2000 hacks and custom content and it all works perfectly with the EP. They were sooo gratefull, I mean they could hardly contain themselves.
So I say NO. Personally I think MTS2 should keep their current logo, but if they were to change their logo I think the new one should be SimPE's old logo. The SimPE team changed their logo to a lame one and I always thought the TS2 logo with a screwdriver twisting a screw into it was sort of cute. Also keeping these old logos around would offer some recognisable association between the pioneers of the modding community.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Test Subject
#36 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:01 AM
I like the old one too..........I follow the old adage " if it isn't broken, don't fix it"
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:19 AM
Hmmm....I dunno, I've always been confused about the current logo. It seems like were about 'breaking' the sims2 apart, rather than opening it up and adding to it. When I first saw it, I thought it was an anti-Sim thing!

I voted yes to a new logo, I reckon we could do a better one, maybe highlighting what MTS2 is about a lil more. What do you think are the main things the new logo should represent?

I've thought of some things...

- creativity

- unleashing of hidden sims secrets

- modification and tweaks

- and obviously the sims 2

not sure how that would quite work out....hmmm, perhaps a box with the lid slightly open, bright light shining out from within the box. The box would abviously have TS2 logo on it...maybe a tool opening the box?

Aight I think I'm getting far too conceptual now...
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:24 AM Last edited by hemi2k : 3rd Aug 2005 at 3:31 AM.
I think a new logo would be great - and if you hold a contest, I will enter.

I think the current logo is problematic for two reasons:
a) it connotes that something is broken or undone, rather than "modded" which could be viewed as negative or risky (so I agree with skuiD87)

and b) I don't think it is entirely legal as I'm sure I read somewhere that the elements for web-building and fansites, in particular the sims2 logo are not allowed to be distorted etc. I guess seeing as this site follows the rules by having the official disclaimer, it probably shouldn't have 'cracked' right through the official Maxis game logo.

I do like the current logo, but change is nice, and seeeing as mts2 and s2c have recently been through a major change, and as we are approcahing a membership milestone, a new icon might be refreshing.

Not that it matters too much either way... because ultimately, the members and the extraordinary content available (for FREE) here are the major drawcards for this site. Product over packaging right?
Field Researcher
#39 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 4:29 AM
I like the one we have. Some things are fine just as they are ... I really dislike the fact that some sites change every couple of weeks ...a sort of shallow way of screaming "look 'a me!"
Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 5:58 AM
i voted no.i like the present logo
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:14 AM Last edited by KWDWK : 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:18 AM.
Lol, it looks like the people who want to keep the logo are going to lose :-/
BTW, I voted no, I like the logo the way it is...even though when I saw the poll, and read the comments, I did make a slightly different logo just for the fun of it using the official Sims 2 logo and a different text :D
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 6:32 AM
I love logo's, they're yummy... Squee!
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 7:56 AM
There should be a new logo. The old one is broken.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 9:56 AM
i agree. i want to post a new lo
go in a compotion. the prize should be a link to the creaters website from the home page, or just the fact that the logo will be seen by every divoted sim-ster in the world is good enought.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 10:27 AM
feline25: teehee!

yes, daysies, this is all your fault. :D

Of course, the new logo/banner will be the same size as the old so I could just have banner rotations :D
Field Researcher
#46 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:08 AM Last edited by Rct2mad : 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:10 AM.
I voted NO!!!!! The old one is fine, and I can't think of a way it could be changed fully and made to look good.

Also, why don't you just ask Aobh, if she's still around?

EDIT: And I know why the Sims 2 Community has a more modern logo. IT'S BECAUSE IT IS MORE MODERN! (LOL, no disrespects peeps- Still suffering from the flu LOL)
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#47 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:10 AM
Becuase she isn't still around.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:14 AM
Ah ok, thought she was. Cheers anyway
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 11:43 AM
i never understood why it is ripping. it almost seems ANTI sims2
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:24 PM Last edited by ConradThe2nd : 3rd Aug 2005 at 12:29 PM.
Yes please change the logo, the current one, is unimaginative
and cheap, and actually this is Maxis logo but its split in two.( A very easy Photoshop 2 min job) MTS2 should have one of there own by now.

Maybe do away from the Maxis Logo, have have a picture that tells it all, just a Sim holding a Spanner or something....

Long overdue, change the logo today!
Locked thread
Page 2 of 4