Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:08 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game using only 2,5 GB memory and still getting Error Code 12
Hey guys,
I'm familiar with Error Code 12 and until today I had managed to fight it by going into map mode or deleting a few houses off my library. But today it just kept coming and even if I cleared almost all of my library, moved my save folders and tried everything on the internet for about 1 hour, I kept getting Error Code 12 and eventually I gave up and quit without saving. Meanwhile I checked my game's memory usage with ctrl+alt+delete to see if it was steering around 4 GB and nope, it was always around 2,5 GB. I'm very frustrated by this. Does anybody know what might be the reason?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 9:50 AM
@nitromon Thank you for the extremely detailed response.

I have one fundamental question:
If the complex family trees is the reason to blame for error code 12 (considering I save often and use error trap and save cleaner regularly), can't I manually break family ties with NRAAS Master Controller instead of moving my whole town to a new save? I did the moving all households to a new town method once with Los Aniegos (moved them to Angel City, the smaller version) and although it worked, it was very tiring and time-consuming since I have a lot of families and I like personalizing my community lots.