Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#26 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
I think so too! :^D
Edit: unfortunately that's what I did, and it stretched like in the picture in my post

Great! :^D I also tried to fix this:

but it's impossible haha x_x

Anyways, is there anything more you want done to the sign? :^)

Mehh.. no worries on that.

As for anything else ... I'm sure that some sorta emblem would look nice, but ya know what I have no idea WHAT .. lol... and I do like it as is. Just a simple sign for a government building.

Just outta curiosity ... what does the sign read?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:49 PM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 27th Apr 2019 at 12:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Nah, slaving it wouldn't work because the texture images have to be the same in order to do that.

Exactly what you'd have to do will depend on the relative sizes and shapes of the two textures. But basically, first, you have to figure out which direction the texture is being stretched on that part of the mesh. Since I can't interpret mapping myself, I'd do that by making a text texture with some colorful lines drawn on that part of the texture so that you can tell which direction the texture is stretching. Once you know that, you'd take the hedge texture and compress it such that when it stretches out on the object, it will no longer be compressed but looks right. If you decide to try it, then it'll probably take several attempts until you get it right. Or it might not work at all. It doesn't always work with more heavily detailed textures, and shrub leaves count as pretty heavy detail. So, it might not be worth the effort.

Ah yes exactly! I did that when I helped Midge with her fairy wing mod (the mermaid scales) and it was a pain in the ass haha! :^D
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:49 PM
Edit: unfortunately that's what I did, and it stretched like in the picture in my post

Oh! right I get it and I can totally imagine now how this mesh is mapped....
But it looks great with the white.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Forum Resident
#29 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
Mehh.. no worries on that.

As for anything else ... I'm sure that some sorta emblem would look nice, but ya know what I have no idea WHAT .. lol... and I do like it as is. Just a simple sign for a government building.

Just outta curiosity ... what does the sign read?

I also thought about that, but I have no idea either!

Hahah about the sign.... I literally just smashed my keyboard lol. I can write whatever you want though! I just had no idea what to write :^D
Theorist
Original Poster
#30 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:03 AM
I also thought about that, but I have no idea either

Hahah about the sign.... I literally just smashed my keyboard lol. I can write whatever you want though! I just had no idea what to write :^D

LOL ... well what I'm wantin it for is to place it outside of the buildin I made that will house the social services mod. Here where I am in RL that sorta building is called the Department of Public Social Services .... which is why in my original post I put Department of Sims Social Services ... lol ... sounded right :D
Forum Resident
#31 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:04 AM
LOL ... well what I'm wantin it for is to place it outside of the buildin I made that will house the social services mod. Here where I am in RL that sorta building is called the Department of Social Services .... which is why in my original post I put Department of Sims Social Services ... lol ... sounded right :D

Ah! Then I'll write "Department of Social Services" on the sign, would that work? :^D
Theorist
Original Poster
#32 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:13 AM
Ah! Then I'll write "Department of Social Services" on the sign, would that work? :^D

Yep .. works great for me :D
Forum Resident
#33 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:21 AM
Yep .. works great for me :D

Okay so this is how it looks now!:

I feel like the space over the text is perfect for a symbol/emblem..
Theorist
Original Poster
#34 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:27 AM
I googled Department of Social Services emblem and got some nice results. The thing is most of them are geared toward their county/ state. I think this one might be ok if the C is removed. Could also have an a 3rd S at the end instead for Department of Sims Social Services ... wow that's a mouthful... lol

https://prnt.sc/nhf81m
Forum Resident
#35 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:28 AM
I googled Department of Social Services emblem and got some nice results. The thing is most of them are geared toward their county/ state. I think this one might be ok if the C is removed. Could also have an a 3rd S at the end instead for Department of Sims Social Services ... wow that's a mouthful... lol

https://prnt.sc/nhf81m

Great! I'll try it out right away :^D
Theorist
Original Poster
#36 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:31 AM
There are these two as well
https://prnt.sc/nhf9a3 (minus the Texas part ...lol)
https://prnt.sc/nhf9gd
Forum Resident
#37 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:44 AM
There are these two as well
https://prnt.sc/nhf9a3 (minus the Texas part ...lol)
https://prnt.sc/nhf9gd

The texas one looked best! The other ones were too detailed when small :/ so I went with that! It looks like this now:

I think the emblem might be too high up, but I think, if I move it down, the mapping will eat it
Theorist
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 12:55 AM
The texas one looked best! The other ones were too detailed when small :/ so I went with that! It looks like this now:

I think the emblem might be too high up, but I think, if I move it down, the mapping will eat it

Yeah that one does look good and the colors of it also tie in the colors around the sign.

I was happy with it plain .. but I do agree that all the added touches you've done have just improved it all the more. Can't wait for you to upload it so I can have it in my game :D
Forum Resident
#39 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 4:49 AM
Yeah that one does look good and the colors of it also tie in the colors around the sign.

I was happy with it plain .. but I do agree that all the added touches you've done have just improved it all the more. Can't wait for you to upload it so I can have it in my game :D

Sorry for the late reply!

I also liked it plain, so I’m planning on recoloring it with the emblem and without, so you can choose and use different on different lots :^) glad you are happy with my result! :^D

Also, I’m done with the other sign you asked about, just gonna create rec files for this one and then I’ll upload them both!
Forum Resident
#40 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:20 AM Last edited by vegan_kaktus : 27th Apr 2019 at 9:10 AM.
I'm done! :^D

Here are the recolors for Hed's sign:

(Mesh here[/URL])

Here are the recolors for TLP's sign:

(Mesh here[/URL])

And here is a simlish recolor of Hed's courtroom sign:

(Mesh here,[/URL] and this time I didn't smash my keyboard when writing lol! It says, like on the mesh, "QUIET PLEASE! Courts Are In Session")

I think that's all? If you (or anyone else) notice any problem, tell me and I'll fix it asap! :^D Sorry for the horrendous previews btw, I was lazy the recolors are merged and compressed!

Edit: Saw your message @Rosebine but couldn't answer for some reason o_O thank you for telling me! I'll make a tumblr post instead, since that would be faster than putting them in the downloads queue :^D

here is my post with download links: https://vegan-kaktus.tumblr.com/post/184475340221/ :^D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#41 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:47 AM
Thank you, they look great. :D

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#42 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Thank you, they look great. :D

No problem! Glad you like them :^D
Instructor
#43 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 1:58 PM
Forum Resident
#44 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
Those look awesome!

Glad you like them! :^D
Theorist
Original Poster
#45 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 3:45 PM
*squees in delight* they're up ... I be a happy brat :D

I'll post pics with in on my lot when I get in game later.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 5:10 PM
*squees in delight* they're up ... I be a happy brat :D

I'll post pics with in on my lot when I get in game later.

Please do! Hope you like them and find them useful :^D
Instructor
#47 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 9:23 PM
Please do! Hope you like them and find them useful :^D

Are you going to upload them here to Mod the Sims as well?
Forum Resident
#48 Old 27th Apr 2019 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2ultralover5
Are you going to upload them here to Mod the Sims as well?

Hmm I might! Then I'll take better previews if I do
Page 2 of 2