Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 2:31 AM
Default WCIF Safe download for SimPE
I really need SimPE but my anti-virus program tells me that its not safe, is there a safe download of SimPE or is there another way to convert Sims 2 meshes?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 3:44 AM
Where did you get SimPE? If from the SourceForge link on this page you've run across what's called a false positive. Sometimes virus programs can be a little trigger-happy. You can see here that it's safe. Dunno what antivirus you're using, but look up how to add an exception to it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 4:47 AM
Thank you for showing me that its safe, I guess Norton can be a little picky with some files, I managed to get it downloaded so I'm happy now!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 5:39 AM
Oh jeez, Norton and McAFee are the two worst choices for antiviruses. Norton's been known to detect itself as a virus.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:41 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 6th Jan 2018 at 9:03 AM.
I have McAfee, but except for a false positive it's the best anti virus I ever had.
I've lost more than one pc to viruses with other antiviruses.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 8:00 AM
You...lost multiple computers? But except under very rare circumstances, they can't damage hardware. You can just reinstall the OS or do a factory reset and it'll be back to new.

Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 9:02 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 24th Jul 2019 at 1:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
You...lost multiple computers? But except under very rare circumstances, they can't damage hardware. You can just reinstall the OS or do a factory reset and it'll be back to new.

It'll be back to factory settings with the old hardware... that's NOT like buying a new one. And the current one... well is lost or where did it go?

The OS has indeed been reinstalled, but that's a lost computer to me as it's basicly the same as buying a new one (except it's the OLD hardware and costs less).

I learned to backup my docs the hard way.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:08 PM
o...kay....?