Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:33 PM
Default The Hunt for Gollum: a fan movie
I have just discovered this link and I want to share it with you:

http://thehuntforgollum.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html

It is an amazing fan-made movie, released only a few days ago...
While waiting for the Hobbit, you can have a look at it!

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 11th May 2009 at 7:50 AM
I saw the intro yesterday, it looks pretty good
It took forever to load, but when my internet speed picks up I'll definitley finish the rest.

Just a question though, is it based on the books, or is completley made up (Like, how Aragorn and Gandalf have to hunt down Gollum at all costs..is that in the Hobbit?)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2009 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by straightroad14
Just a question though, is it based on the books, or is completley made up (Like, how Aragorn and Gandalf have to hunt down Gollum at all costs..is that in the Hobbit?)

I am not such an expert...but I think it is set between The Hobbit and LOTR. It is inspired by a couple of quotes in the books (the other stories in the Return of the King, I believe): after Bilbo found the ring, Aragorn searched for Gollum in order to know more about the ring itself.

So far I have seen only the trailer (...awful internet connection...) but it seemed very good, especially for a movie made by fans...

"Cute and cuddly!"

My own page on MTS2
Forum Resident
#4 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 8:21 PM
I've seen it a few months ago. It's a really good movie. I'm not very keen on the script, but I like the special effects, clothing and sets. It looks just like the real movies. I think they did an amazing job.
Wish I could play in a LotR movie!:D

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Banned
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:28 PM
I will try to watch tonight beacusae I am at school now.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 7:49 PM
Bornofhope is also a good movie made by the same people who did the Hunt for Gollum. For a 45 minute short film it is amazing considering there purely fan made.

Meet MorganaLeFey....
Override the system
Read between lines
Bite down hard
Intoxicate your brains
Death comes quicker