Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 11:40 PM Last edited by someone2 : 24th Jun 2006 at 12:01 AM.
i don't have ffs installed. i got red flashing walls from lots and create a family due to a crappy video card >.>

Quote: Originally posted by Squinge
When you try to install the EP3 patch if you get a error about the file "Ea games\The Sims 2 Open For Business\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\globalcatbin.bund le.package" just copy that file from the EP3 cd & the patch will install for you,this file is located in the file "compressed.zip" under the folder "TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\"

**Note: both folder names above are inside the file "compressed.zip" on your cd, the file "compressed.zip" is located in the root directory on your cd(i.e. D:\ )**

i did exactly that, i even moved downloads folder to desktop. the error still pops up! >.>

what do i do now?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 4:53 AM
omg!!omg!!omg!!omg!!omg!!omg!!omg!!
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 6:28 AM Last edited by PollinationTechnician79 : 25th Jun 2006 at 3:26 AM.
Default Oh! The Drama!
I f-img hate their patching system. :-( I'm glad they care enough to attempt to provide us with the least buggy product they can, but I hate that I have to re-install my game :-P Ah, but thems the breaks kid. I'll be happy to see that out of bounds crap gone, though. Poor simmies with lamp posts looking all freakin' weird on the wrong side of ths walkway. Pissin' me off more than them, honestly.

Just as I finished typing that last bit, I re-installed and added the damn patch. There was one problem though, one file I forgot to back up. DAMMIT! I backed up all of my neighborhoods, but got sidetracked and didn't back up my downloads file. *Sniffs* And I had just gone through CI and disabled my hacks.

Man, am I ever glad I back up my custom content monthly, but I lost almost a month's woth of goods! Grrr! *Kicking self*

On a further insult to injury note, now my custom stuff isn't showing up. *bangs head against wall*, *takes deep breath* Okay... step one...
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 3:54 PM
nevermind. i went to the wrong directory and found the wrong globalcatbin.bundle.package XD

anyway, it worked now. thanks a lot squinge! :D
Test Subject
#105 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Urumi
As far as I know White93GrandPrix if you have OFB and FFS you only need to download the FFS patch and install it.

I've done so with my own and it seems to work as intended. I have TS2,EP1,EP2,EP3,FFS and the Holiday Special one.

EDIT:After testing more I did realize for some odd reason the patch erased my More Impossible(sp?) countertop table. Well, ok it wasn't erased it was still there but there was no image for it and it read No Picture and when placed it was a nonexistence table and could not be deleted or used.

However I was able to fix this problem by taking the objects.package from the compressed.zip on my FFS CD and replacing it with the one that was on the harddrive. Patch still works and everthing else seems to work as far as I can tell at this time, hopefuly it stays that way.

Urumi,
I also have this problem for my most favorite counter (of course....) and tried to make the changes noted above. Please clarify how I am to take this info from the compressed.zip (I did find it on the CD) and once this is done, should I just place it in the FFS object.package? I do not see how I could do it the other way around (from FFS harddrive folder to the CD).
Anxiously awaiting your response.
Erisema
Instructor
#106 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 2:51 AM
I see only a few of the 50ish fixes apply to my computer. I do not know if this patch will cause more problems than it fixes.
Thank you Squinge for advising us to remove hacks before installing. I see a few listed issues where your hacks had already fixed it.

I giggle at this one
"Bag of Poo will no longer break after installing The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff." no matter how hard your sims step on it ?
Test Subject
#107 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 11:34 PM
Im having problems selling stuff!!!
I am having problems with my game it doesnt have management in its menu, there's no sales on the customers menu too and i cant sell any food...it would say cannto be sold. PLS HELP!!!!
Field Researcher
#108 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 10:59 AM
I still have the crashing problem.

I just realized that before I reinstalled, I forgot to manually remove the game files that aren't automatically removed during the uninstall. Could that cause problems?
Test Subject
#109 Old 11th Jul 2006 at 6:06 PM
The bug of FFS "Unfinished paintings on an Owned Community Lot can't be finished if a Sim leaves the lot and returns" and the patch change for "Unfinished paintings on an Owned Community Lot CAN NOW be finished if a Sim leaves the lot and returns" it's not true. I can't finish my paintings when I returns to my bussines.
Sorry for my bad english.http://static2.modthesims2.com/images/icons/icon9.gif
Unhappy
Field Researcher
#110 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 3:20 PM
I installed the patch for OFB and now I cannot load my Sims lots. The loading page just stays there forever, so then I have to hit ctrl alt delete, and then close the game, and then reload it again, and then if it does load the house my sims don't move and the clock doesn't progress it is just stuck at 8:00 am. Can someone please help me! How do I get rid of the patch.
Test Subject
#111 Old 19th Jul 2006 at 6:48 AM
Thanks for the info
Top Secret Researcher
#112 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squinge
Below are the instructions on how to replace the file(s) mentioned above.

The great Squinge sees all, knows all!

No, I'm not being sarcastic; I mean it. :-)

I tried four times to install the patch, downloading it afresh each time, just in case it had gotten corrupted in transit or something, and it crashed every time.

I did what Squinge said, and it worked beautifully.

Thank you so much, Squinge.

What would we ever do without you?

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#113 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mvanlaar2
I made the mistake of not taking my downloads folder out which contains Hacks and I now have to re-install OFB which I'm not sure how to save what I want.
So now I wish I hadn't downloaded the patch. Still you live and learn!
jep,i did more or less the same and lost everything, spent days reloading and finding all the meshes and hacks.got the sh-ts and turned FFS into a frisbee, anyway you live and learn,have fun.
Field Researcher
#114 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:35 AM
moonlight_muse, where do i copy that file to??
Test Subject
#115 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 5:48 AM
Lol you know what after i dowloaded all this stuff i noticed that may game wasn't runnin right. So i decide to see if i can find a patch that can handle all the hacks and custom content that i downloaded ( cause honestly i'm just now findin out about modding the game, i know i'm soooooo late), and from what i'm readin i'm so afraid to download any kind of patch although all my stuff is backed up cause i send it to a back up folder then extract the files into the game, so all my files are backed up but i don't feel like goin through all the installing and uninstalling. That's just to much work, but i really want my game to run smoothly. So if you guys find a patch that truly works post it cause i'm always on the boards.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 9:57 PM
Pets Patch finally released !!!!

Get your fithy paws off of me you damn dirty ape!
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#117 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 10:20 PM
Good thing! Thanks for the info KHLVH

Retired from Simming
#118 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 12:29 AM
So this is the last thing you have said, KHLVH, rest in piece.

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Test Subject
#119 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Ruixituh : 5th Jan 2009 at 12:33 AM.
I'm having trouble installing EP3 patch on a clean reinstall of OFB. It simply won't install and gives me no file corrupted path...!

Here is a screen:

The top box says i have to reinstall the game =S... But i already did, twice!
I can't update the pets expansion aswell, therefore can't install Celebration, H&M, Teen Style or IKEA stuffs!
Page 5 of 5