Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2023 at 7:38 PM
Default I want to share my sims and lots. Do I create a tumblr?
This is a wonderful site, but uploading a lot here can be a headache. Is it easier to just create a tumblr account and upload things from there?

I'm looking for a site I can just link my creations to sfs and mediafire.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2023 at 7:48 PM
Easier for you to do; harder for your audience to find. Tumblr's search function is famously crap. Only you can do that cost/benefit analysis.

Doing one now does not preclude doing the other later as well, though. And the MTS process gets easier with experience, as your picture taking skills improve and you grasp why things are done the way they are here. If a tumblr is something you think you would enjoy, you may as well make one and see how you like it. Ditto any other platform.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th May 2023 at 10:27 PM
A lot of people actually do both! Putting creations up here has the advantage of your uploads to reach more people, and I actually don't find it so difficult to upload things here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th May 2023 at 10:50 PM
If you are uploading a CC free lot, here is not that hard.
I think having both is best. Here is also another file hosting site should file share or whatever go down. You should also go into your profile here and add 'your site'. So if you click my profile and go to 'signature and more' you will see I have Home page:click here. That takes you right to my Tumblr (even though it looks like its not going to my downloads anymore) Still things like that, linking the sites you use also help people find you. But definitely get a Tumblr, but don't expect it to be easy to use, I find it a PITB.
The one really nice thing about getting lots from here is this site does not allow creators to just upload lots full of crap like hitching hacks and mail box recolours. Yes you have to make sure the lots are clean. maybe annoying as an uploader but very nice as a downloader and I do both.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 7th May 2023 at 12:25 PM
Yeah, I like downloading from here because I know mods etc. have been vetted for dodgy stuff.

As an uploader, it is a pain getting some of the requirements and I admit that I'd probably upload more if they weren't there, but I can also see how they're there to make it easier for downloaders.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th May 2023 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I think having both is best.

More or less what I was swinging by to say. Go both to get a slightly wider audience.

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS