Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#426 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 2:41 AM
Even though I didn't ask for Moo a lot, and this is a bit old, it's s**t to lose someone, We know that in moments like these anything won't be enough, nevertheless I truly wish her to rest in peace.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#427 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 5:14 PM
just now finding out about this (haven't logged in recently.) i didn't know her, but this is very sad and hits close to home and i offer my most sincere condolences. RIP mootilda, you were loved by many and you'll be missed.
Test Subject
#428 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 11:09 PM
Aw. This is very sad. RIP Mootilda. ~ No more pain. I haven't been on in a very long time. I always was glad to read her writings here. You will be missed. : (
Scholar
#429 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:31 PM
I haven't been online as much recently as I would've liked to have been, just learned of Mootilda's passing today...I'm heartbroken, Mootilda was a wonderful person & friend to the community. I always looked forward to reading her posts, loved her sense of humour.

My sincerest thoughts & prayers to her family. I always felt that Mootilda was the "cool aunt" of her online family.

Thank you Mootilda, for all your amazing contributions to our community, for all the patience & guidance you shared with noobs like myself. You will be sorely, sorely missed... <3
Test Subject
#430 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:45 AM
Default Condolences from JennyBear
I send my heart-felt condolences to ALL. This is truly sad!
Lab Assistant
#431 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 2:55 PM
Condolences to her family and all that knew her. I lost my G'pa to cancer two years ago. Cancer also took two of my co-workers, who were close friends of mine. I know how devastating it is to lose someone to it. My sincerest condolences to all that knew her. :^(
Test Subject
#432 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 7:10 PM
I will forever miss her and her work r.i.p. all my condoences go to her and her family... i mean it seems like it was yesterday when she helped me when i was new to Mod the sims....
Test Subject
#433 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 9:27 PM
Mootilda's Clean Installer is a thing of genius.
Field Researcher
#434 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 5:53 PM
I just read this sad news.
Mootilda's works are brilliant, they always remains vitally relevant.
Mootilda was stunningly talented.
The best of us often leave this life too early.
It hurt a lot.

Make SIMs, not war!

Say the Word and will be free,
Say the Word and be like me.

I'm Fata Morgana at Cradle of Darkness, there are my strange lots http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/fata_morgana_zone/79
Test Subject
#435 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 7:12 AM
I may be new to the site, but I would be damned if I didn't pay my condolences after reading this. Rest in peace. <3
Theorist
#436 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 6:55 AM
I just found out and I can't believe it! Why, just why

I liked Mootilda so much. Can't even imagine how she was living for last years. She was so kind and patient, surely she earned herself a happy life in a better place. I can only hope.
Forum Resident
#437 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 7:05 AM
Screw you, cancer.
Test Subject
#438 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 6:51 PM
My deepest condolences to her loved ones.
Test Subject
#439 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 3:32 PM
So sad I wish she could see the sims 4
Lab Assistant
#440 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 12:47 PM
Although I'm fairly new to this site (Sept 23rd, 2014), Mootilda's posts/programs/mods/etc frequently caught my interest. You could say I developed an admiration for her devoted hard work to Sims2 creations. It was very sad when I read the post of her passing. Well, to be honest,,,it brought tears to my eyes. Her work has been a heart felt gift that adds to the enjoyment of playing Sims2. She will certainly be missed. Blessings to the family.
Top Secret Researcher
#441 Old 25th Jan 2015 at 10:01 AM
I only just learn't about her passing, my condolences to her family. cancer is so horrible and too many are getting diagnosed with this, an avid modder and simmer is finally at peace! RIP Mootilda
Test Subject
#442 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:50 AM
Oh wow, I just now learned of her passing. My thoughts are with her family. I was just using a mod of hers yesterday an thought, what an amazing and gifted simmer she was. I am sad that she is gone, but glad that she is at peace.
Field Researcher
#443 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 10:46 PM
I miss her...
She helped me extensively & never spoke to me in a condescending "better-than-you because I run with the in-crowd" kind of way.... because she was a genuinely nice person who refused to take on immature attitudes so commonly found in Sims forums. She was just normal, kind & warm.

This is new news to me as I sometimes go long stretches with the time for our game & community websites, so I'm shocked & saddened as if this just happened. The first page I always find is hers when I log in. I spent much time the last two days going over her notes to me, having happy thoughts about our memories.... and then I just discovered this & it's hitting me like a ton of bricks. Now I know why The Universe unfolded the way it has.

I am so sorry for yours & our loss. So very sincerely. She went above & beyond for me, and I miss her terribly. I've had chronic leukemia since I was a kid, and it's one thing when it's one's self, but another thing entirely when it's someone else, especially someone you highly regard.

She was so selfless & good-hearted.

Goodbye Mootilda. I'll see you on the other side beautiful soul. Be ever blissful, charming & happy.

with love,
~S~

Quote: Originally posted by Quatchi
In real life Mootilda was my wife. We had known this was coming and we had some time to prepare for it, but it was very sudden when it happened.

Every day when I came home Mootilda would tell me about her day, and all the people she had helped, the interesting problems that she was working on, the discoveries she had made about how the game worked, or some new creation she had made from the tools she had created. This community made her so happy and brought her so much joy. I can't thank everyone enough for helping to give her life purpose.

Before joining the MTS community Mootilda had worked for a computer science research group at a university, then went on to work for Microsoft on Visual Studio, and then into Microsoft's pure research division where she studied techniques for how to make software completely without bugs. Producing high quality programs was always one of her greatest passions in life and I think it showed in everything she did. When she was no longer able to work she turned that passion on the problems in the sims. She was one of the smartest people you will ever meet, and all she wanted to do was to share what she knew with everyone.

I can't say enough good things about my wife. This outpouring of support from everyone has made me cry. I knew how many people she has touched over the years but to see it like this is overwhelming. I loved her dearly, and like everyone else here I will miss her.

CONTROL ALT DELETE.
Rest In Peace Mootilda.
Field Researcher
#444 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 8:01 AM
I just clicked on this thread thinking it was about Terry Pratchett (the site-wide announcements) to find out just now that Mootilda died a year ago. God...it's just so sudden, too soon. The first time I ever met and found out about Mootilda was when I ruined my computer using that awful tutorial from MATY; it was Mootilda who taught me how to merge multiple hoods properly by linking me to meetme2theriver's page, along with her own Fix Subhood Selection download. Mootilda's population control guide has also been linked in my signature since almost forever. (Still there, btw) My Sims 2 game can't even live without the Clean Installer, the Hood Checker, Fix Subhood Selection, the no weather mod and especially the constant temperature mod (to prevent stuck sunburn tokens). The memory I have of Mootilda is of a person who helped peoples' games not be broken in a courteous, factual and easy to understand way, along with a person who gave tips to aspiring meshers from time to time.

I'll miss you, Mootilda. You were one of the best and brightest of MTS and we MTSers are poorer here without you.

When noregen hacks are not enough...you know what you must do. (RIP Mootilda , pay your respects in the thread and in her guestbook.)
Test Subject
#445 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 7:40 AM
Rest In Peace, Mootilda. We'll all miss you!
Top Secret Researcher
#446 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:05 AM
I read the news quite late, but my heart sunk all the same.
I loved Moo and her mods! I had never known her in real life, we were only chatting through PMs, but reading she has passed away makes my eyes misty.

Rest in peace, Moo. You will be dearly missed.
Field Researcher
#447 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 11:57 PM
I've been away from Sims and this site for well over a year and recently decided to log on to download anything for Sims2 I might want in case things might not still be here for long. I just learned of Mootilda's passing today and it never occurred to me that some *one* might be gone. I was following the development of Riverside and carefully watching some topics on avoiding game corruption and knew she was having health problems but this is such a terrible shock.

I'm grateful for the chance to have benefited from her knowledge, patience and kindness. I'm glad to hear contributing to the Sims community was something she enjoyed. I think there are a number of Simmers with health issues, myself included, who have found this to be a place where we can contribute, interact and be enriched for it. This is so important when you are limited in what you can do. I know all of our times will come someday but this was too soon and seems so unfair. My heart goes out to Mootilda's family and friends. I hope you are able to find some peace and comfort and enjoy the good memories you have of her.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Test Subject
#448 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 8:13 PM
Though I'm a long time member, lurker and downloader I seldom post or interact with other members. Returning after a long hiatus from Sims I came across the sad news that Mootilda had passed away. I did not know her or ever talk to her yet she was still part of my life, even though she didn't know of my existence. She was my "go to" member. Any problems or questions I had, anything I hoped to do in game; hers were the threads, advice and creations I sought out most often. I felt confident with any download or advice from her...If it's Mootilda's, it'll work, it's safe, I need it. I want to do this in game...I bet Mootilda has a thread on how to. If I was having game issues and was discussing them with my husband I often replied, "I'll see what I can find from Mootilda on it." He's not a simmer, yet he came to know her name and abilities through me speaking often of her knowledge regarding the game.

It says a great deal about a person that they are admired, respected and "known" to people that they haven't ever spoken to or even know exist. Mootilda, thank you!
Test Subject
#449 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:40 AM
10 silent seconds for Mootilda...
Rest In Peace, in the sky.

Crazy milk
Test Subject
#450 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 2:32 AM
Wait, what? Nono this can't be true. I'm sorry I'm so late, I just saw this.
I'm new here and I have been, and still AM, using the MAJORITY of her mods. I literally just now downloaded MooVille and figured out what it stands for..
I've been leaving her messages thinking she was just offline.
This actually breaks my heart. I didn't know this at all. I thought she just went inactive.

I feel so terrible. I miss her and I didn't even know her. She was phenomenally skilled and had some of the best CCs. She will truly be missed.
RIP Mootilda.
Page 18 of 19