Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 4:54 PM
Default Mesh having dark spots
Hello ^^
Having followed Deluxe Designs tutorial today, and being quite a noob at using milkshape (but I had meshing experience on other programs, though admittedly not a lot), I decided to make a simple resizing and duplication of an object already existing : the small ivy plant that goes on tables.
I really don't usually succeed at first, but my first test in the game produced the modified object perfectly except for a small defect : it has dark spots on some parts, and I'd like to know it this is simply due to resizing or if I did something wrong somewhere ?
I attached a picture of the object (on a fireplace mantle, next to the original).
Since it's just a resizing and duplicate, I didn't alter the dds, guessing from all my reading here that it would work for the duplicates, and it works, the pots are recolorable (though not separately, but I suppose I'd have to add 'recolorable areas' for that work).
I would greatly appreciate any help ^^.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Wiki Wizard
#2 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:05 PM
I'm not entirely sure how to go about fixing it, my thoughts would be that you need to make a new texture map for all of the 3 plants as 1 object, not as 3 seperate objects stuck sharing a texture. So you export those 3 resized ones together as ONE .obj, then import them back in and use your new texture map

DD

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:46 PM
Thank you ^^. I'm not sure I follow you though. Do you mean I should remake the uv mapping, then ? (I'll have to study that then, I'm a noob at it too).
The 3 resized topiaries are already one object (I grouped the 3 together in miklshape, and kept the other group as the ground square that was already there in the original object), so they are sharing that same texture map that was already there. Do you mean I should make a map with 3 instances of that texture ?
Sorry if I seem completely lost ^^; I do appreciate the help though !
Wiki Wizard
#4 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 10:57 PM
Yes, you need to make a new texture map for your new object with 3 instances of the texture instead of them all sharing

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:30 AM
Ok ^^
I'll have to study those mapping tutorials then.
Thank you ! I'll post again if I hit any problem or if it turns out ok ^^