Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 2:52 PM
Default New Video (trailer) i made!!!!!! Please Check it out!
The only bad thing is that literally all my vids lately are being spammed to the max, so anywaysss i hate that so much.

I worked really hard on this to get everything kind of like it is, it is actually the final official trailer for my series "THE VALLEY".

Please check it out! I could really use good feedback, not spam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsjqFMv55Ak
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 3:52 PM
I dont know whether you count "constructive critisism" as spam?, but its that i can only respond with im affraid.

1) Did you capture the actual video for this by aiming a web cam at TV screen?, because it looks rather fuzzy and unclear

2) You hardly allowed any time for the viewer to read those text captions that you often made appear on the screen. Plus they were hard to read anyway.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 5:47 PM
Umm ok to answer your two comments.

1. These are in game videos i shot in the game with the game camera, ok. I edited these clips to look like that, it is supposed to be grainy and fast, that is the feel of it, ok? Really if you look at my other like videos i use the like same clips and do different editing on them, and the trailer was supposed to have a darker "Thought process" added to it so that's what came up.

2. exactly like i said "thought process" this trailer has those text placed like that specifically to capture the thought process in motion. It isn't supposed to be read that much, hundreds of other trailers do the same, it's just supposed to add the effect of the video.

Maybe i should have explained that this was all intentional in the actual video? seems like people don't understand the concept of it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 7:06 PM
Looks like i didnt understand the concept of it no.

I was just giving you my honest feedback on it.

After i saw the vid, i was actually thinking to myself "whats it suppose to be about?". My guess is, its meant to be a horror type drama series?, but that conclusion did come only from guess work.

And the truth is, i dont agree with every technique that every cinematic trailor does, so im not picking on you here. For example in alot of trailors for horror movies, they reveal to you who gets killed in them too much, which then takes the surprise away when each victim is confronted by the killer.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 6:49 PM
Looks like the Sims 2. Is that why you blurred it? To make it look like the Sims 3? Or was that intentionally? Well it was quite ok. You might wanna use hideHeadlineEffects on. And there is a cool Mod that triggers animations. Might be useful. And i didn't get what t was about, couldn't read it too. But looks good if its your first Sims vid ever. :D

Practise a little more. Watch Sims 3 vids by others. Read Sims 3 Machinima tutorials.