Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Which Politic Party do you vote for?
Liberal Party of Australia
1 10.00%
Australian Labor Party
2 20.00%
Australian Greens
3 30.00%
Un-sure
4 40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 12:37 PM
Liberal Vs Labor Vs The Greens ( Politic Parties - Only Australian Citizens know )
We have only 31 days left until the election.
Well this will be my first time to vote because I just turned 18. I have a feeling the Liberal will improve Australia? Don't you think? I don't know... Damn the politics are making me crazy these days! Kevin Rudd is finally back as Labor Party Leader and Tony Abbot is fighting for to be a Prime Minister. Will TB move Australia forward or KR 007 move Australia forward?

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 1:08 PM
Probably whoever has the least annoying policies-if I can find them out, otherwise an independent if there is one. Sometimes I might vote for whoever hasn't been in power for awhile. They're all basically the same. Just that some have been dreadful like Gough Whitlam others have been okay and even likable, such as Bob Hawke. I don't have time for most politicians. I will say I am glad Julia Gillard is out. I didn't like how she got in at all. So there is no way i would have voted for her. If any of them improve things, I will be pleasantly surprised.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Aug 2013 at 1:12 PM
i will be voting for labor 'cause of the fact that tony abbot will drag us into the new dark ages if he got into power
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 1:59 AM Last edited by KittyCarey : 7th Aug 2013 at 5:35 AM.
I will be voting for the Greens I think, because we need to do far more to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and they are the only party that are serious about doing it. It is in all our interests to do so. (I also live in a constituency with a reasonable chance of actually electing a greens MP, so it's not pointless).

Obviously the greens aren't actually going to be running the country, and as I haven't been impressed by Tony Abbott and the rest of the Coalition I suppose I'll have to hope it's Labor. I agree with a few more of their policies at least.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 7th Aug 2013 at 3:58 AM
I will not be voting for Tony Abbott. I don't even care what the policies are, I just know our country and it's people would be unsafe with someone as incompetent as him as Prime Minister. He can't even fake acting normal!!! That's a dealbreaker!

It's a bit strange that the Liberal party persist with him when they would have a better chance with someone else as their leader.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 1:41 PM
Anyone watched the debate yesterday?
---
Kevin Rudd was too wordy and he put too much details what isn't true..

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Ansett Animation Studios is a subsidiary of RomerJon17 Productions © 2019 - 2020
Forum Resident
#7 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 2:06 PM
no,sadly i didn't get chance to,but i am willing to guess they both just made empty promises

what were their key points of argument?
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2013 at 3:25 PM
Here's a full video of:

The 2013 Leaders Debate: In full
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-...in-full/4879340

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Aug 2013 at 8:13 AM
So Abbott makes an announcement to the media that two of the women in his party have sex appeal. See this is what I mean by he can't even fake being normal. He doesn't even realise that it is never ok for a boss to describe their employees as having sex appeal (unless the employees are strippers).

A Prime Minister needs to be able to act professional at all times and it's very clear that he is unable to do that. Even right now when it really matters he can't do it.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Aug 2013 at 3:23 PM
I had to choose unsure. This is going to be a case of bad or worse this time round. Abbot just can't seem to keep his mouth shut and I find Rudd completely untrustworthy.

How about the Clive Palmer party?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 12:30 AM
I don't know who I'm going to vote for yet. It is definitely not Kevin Rudd.
I have an idea, I'm going to vote who the first person or party on the list

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 6:12 AM
If you don't care who you vote for then vote for the last person on the list rather than the first, because lots of other people who don't care will vote for the first name on the list.

If you must do a donkey vote I say go the reverse donkey!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 10:01 AM
Well... The Liberals are on the top....

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 4:19 AM
I voted for the WikiLeaks party. I was half tempted to vote for the Pirate Party
Maybe I should have voted for the Katter party
Just happy that Rudd isn't the PM anymore

Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
I voted for the WikiLeaks party. I was half tempted to vote for the Pirate Party
Maybe I should have voted for the Katter party
Just happy that Rudd isn't the PM anymore

It was my first poll election... Hmm who voted the Sex Party?
I voted Bruce Bilson for Liberal because he gave me a special Dunkley Shield Certificate so he deserves to be a MP again.

-----

I watched the live coverage last night and wow! Someone did something wrong at the end of the speech!

Sim Renders
www.ansettanimation.com

Mad Poster
#16 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 4:47 AM Last edited by daniandan : 8th Sep 2013 at 5:11 AM.
There was basically only one good candidate for Farrer, So I voted for Sussan Ley. It's lucky she's Liberal aswell.
I was watching it last night, but my family wanted to watch the Collingwood/Port Adelaide match
Plus, I did an early vote on Friday, because I wasn't going to be in Albury on Saturday.
This was my second election. I voted for the Albury Council last year

Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 11:26 AM
So, apparently we have Wingnut the post turtle as king of Australia for the next three years.

Boooooooo.

ps I apologise to the rest of the world for every inappropriate thing he is going to say. Please know that he does not represent all Australians, and I'm pretty sure that manyof the people who voted for him don't really understand what they voted for.

Forum Resident
#18 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 12:22 PM
My Dad knows Tony Abbott (they were at uni together) and says that while he's a great guy he's "not fit to run a tea shop, let alone a country" and that "his first reaction, if he thinks someone might argue with him, is to punch them. As a pre-emptive strike."

So it's a fun three years to look forward to. Maybe our new Prime Minister can find the suppository of wisdom - it might help his speeches.

I'm glad Kevin Rudd has gone though. I just wish he'd gone three years ago.

And I'll apologise to the rest of the world as well, and point out that it wasn't my vote that might be electing a representative of the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party to the senate (or the Australian Sports Party, but I don't live in WA so I didn't get the chance to vote for or against them)