Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 2:05 AM
Default Got windows 10 a few days ago, does TS2 still crash on it?
I've read online that after a certain update to Windows 10, TS2 started running out of memory and crashing, is this still a thing?
I ask because everything I look up is from a year or two ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 2:34 AM
No,, I got a new computer in late June with Windows 10 and am able to play/was able to install.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 2:46 AM
There are a few threads on here that will help you install the extra things you might need. I think some are stickied at the top.

If you need help, we are here. It 's really not hard, even I can do it. We'll be very happy to help :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
No,, I got a new computer in late June with Windows 10 and am able to play/was able to install.

Good to hear!

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
There are a few threads on here that will help you install the extra things you might need. I think some are stickied at the top.

If you need help, we are here. It 's really not hard, even I can do it. We'll be very happy to help :3

I know and I'm grateful for how helpful this community is, thank you for being here.

Quote:
Your game is your game. You do whatever you need to do to enjoy it and don't get bogged down in keeping it pristine. You can't play soccer with a clean ball.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 9:30 AM
The win10 thing is more a hit-or-miss thing. Either you get a lot of issues, or you don't. May also depend on hardware, whether you have the update, which TS2 version you are playing, or whether win10 or your graphic card is in a particularly bad mood and doesn't want to handle texture memory. You won't know until you have tried.

I've had a lot of startup issues, but when the game works it looks great, so I have my hopes up.

There is a stickied topic in the help section with things to try if you run into pink-flashing or crashes.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 5:11 PM
Hmmm. At some point we should do a poll and see whether the discs or the UC have the most problems with that. Since UC is occasionally updated by origin, I wonder whether that has something to do with it. I've had two windows computers, UC on both. I had to get the graphics rule maker, and the 4g patch. Last time, I had to do a little surgery on the GRM, but, honestly, that was it. The game works great and looks beautiful.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 5:20 PM
I have no problems with the UC and Windows 10 - had to do the graphic rules, got the 4GB patch, yes, but that's that.

Every time my game crashes it is due to cc. From having two meshes for the same hair (one fixed, one original) to having both smooth and maxi hands for the same outift (make note: please remember to check what is in the download before dumping it into the game! Please! How many 50/50's do you want to do in your life? - which reminds me that I have to check something....)!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 7:33 PM
^ If the game crashes and pink-flashes without CC, I think I can safely say it's not a CC problem...
But of course, if it happens if you have a lot of CC or new, untested CC, then sure.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 8:31 PM
I rarely have pink flashing - it is normally (not often, though) just outfits and sims floating on pink bodies (deleting thumbnails gets rid of that) - but it sure was funny when one of these pink bodies started digging in a trash can
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2019 at 11:29 PM
^ I'm not unfamiliar with the occasional pink-flashing from another computer, caused by CC and heavy loads. That, I can deal with.

Considering the UC on my new gaming laptop started out looking like this (when I finally managed to get over the crashes that wouldn't even let me load lots), I'd say something was definitely going on...
https://i.postimg.cc/vZgttbR4/MTS-s...19001edit-1.jpg
Not sure if it was Win10 or hardware related (most likely a mix of both), but now it's sort of working (with less than 1 GB of CC, anyway - things happened and I got sidetracked from the testing).
Field Researcher
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:41 AM
For me is really a hit or miss, many times it works but is a bit wonky, sometimes it refuses even to open or just crashes right away and rarely works flawlessly
Field Researcher
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 2:43 AM
And I like my loads of CC, so I rather stay on 7 or even XP than remove my CC(unless it really breaks it)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2019 at 9:42 AM
My cc may not seem a lot, but that is mostly because I got rid of a ton of build stuff which I had forever the other day - since I have not used any of it yet. I use the UC, though, and I started the UC on Windows 7, but when Windows 10 was released, I just moved over.
Personally, I find Windows 10 a lot smoother and the game runs like butter
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Sep 2019 at 5:03 AM
Since people have still been replying I figured I'd give an update.
I've been playing normally, and besides the resolution bug that I fixed by changing a 1 and 2 to 3s, I haven't had any issues.

Quote: