Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 9:12 PM
Default MTS Picks - Sims 3 style!
As many of you Sims 2 creators, we've had a "Picks" system in place here for quite some time. Picks are essentially uploads that are either extremely well done and selected by the staff, but not featured, or alternatively popular items picked via an algorithm.

I'm pleased to announce that the picks system is now live for Sims 3 items as well as Sims 2 ones, and I would like to congratulate any creators who have gotten a picked upload, and I wish everybody the best of luck for getting one in the future!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
9 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 12:33 AM
Cool! Thank you. Does this mean that the uploads picked today weren't picked by the staff but by the "algorithm"?
Instructor
#3 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 1:45 AM
Is this going to work retroactively or just from this point forward?
Banned
#4 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 2:13 AM
I noticed that when you "click to view more" on the picked uploads, and then switch to sims 2, it shows all downloads whether or not they are picked, featured, or regular. Other than that, thanks so much for including sims 3 as picks! :D
Scholar
#5 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sookielee
Is this going to work retroactively or just from this point forward?

That's what I'm wondering. I don't want everything prior to today to be left out!

Also, I've been curious... what does the algorithm scan for? A certain number of thanks?
Banned
#6 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 7:24 AM
Apparently from viewing old threads on picked uploads. The algorithm is a secret. But I think it's safe to say it goes by: favorites, downloads, views, thanks, and comments.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 10:16 AM
Anything that meets the criteria regardless of how old it is will get picked via the algorithm, and anything that meets that criteria from this point on will also get picked too.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 18th Oct 2009 at 10:36 AM
This is great! :D
I like stars!!

Creator and owner of SimsShine
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Oct 2009 at 6:38 PM
Thanks!Now I have 3 picked items.I hope I that I will get more soon!

I like this!
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 8:49 PM
cool! Loving the new features you've been adding lately. MTS is almost unrecognisable since I joined.

Can't wait for some more!
Banned
#11 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:01 AM
Yes, I'm wondering if the new picks system for The Sims 3 will work on the newer sections added in the past few months, like CAS screens, and Walls and Floors.