Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 6:22 PM
Well, I'm not much help. My uploads appear to be fine. I had just cleared out my CC folder and started redownloading everything, so I don't have much. I did donate the tiny amount I could afford to. I figure that while losing a bunch of files sucks, and having everyone pitch in to get them all back up, it also probably ended up costing a lot of money...

I am not taking requests at this time. I have just started graduate school and I cannot be sure how much spare time I am going to have. You can PM me with a request if you want, but I cannot guarantee that I will do it (or that I will even see the message right away).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snowflake74339
Thank you guys for all your hard work getting things back online. It is really appreciated!

Netjera,

It depends on the question. Game help is here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Creator help is here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Thank you thank you! *bookmarks those two links*. I thought those menu options only led to FAQs which couldn't be used for posting. >.<
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 7:03 PM
I'll help if I can, I'm here alot, LOL BTW this site takes up over 10 gigs of my Mac's HD. XD

Just started playing Sims 2 again after a very, very, veryyyy long time!
I also use Poser Pro 11!
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 10:42 PM
Thanks for your hard work and dedication. Wish I could help, but I never save the original zip files because of low disk space. The one question I have is Sexy Sims going to be updated as well and if so, is there any estimate of at least how long that will be.
Thanks again.

I've gone out in search of myself.
If I should return before I get back,
please keep me here.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#30 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 10:57 PM Last edited by porkypine : 15th Mar 2009 at 11:37 PM.
Thanks for the list. It helped a lot. It looks like a lot of my uploaded files in the HighRollers development thread got zapped but that's ok - they weren't release versions. The final files that were uploaded to skuld all seem to be intact so the theme doesn't seem to be damaged as far as I can tell anyway.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 12:29 AM
Sorry about you losing almost everthing. Thanks for getting MTS back up and running and all your hard work.
I will check through some of my older download cds and see what I have. I sure hope I have something you need. Right now I can't get to the site that has the list, it says ie can't connect right now.
I love this place and you are really a trooper for getting back some of what you lost. Most people would have just thrown in the towel. I salute you, Delphy.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#32 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 2:43 AM
Current status is:

Total files: 4420
Threads affected: 2373

Good work so far everybody.

I've uploaded a new missingfiles.html file.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 2:46 AM
LynnMar - Hehe, I wouldn't call it "almost everything" - I think the site-wide announcement would have head a LOT more profanity if that were the case. It is a sizeable chunk but it was actually more like 5.63%, which really isn't all that much.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 4:50 AM
You guys did an amazing job getting the site back up so fast. You guys + MTS = EPIC WIN!

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Mad Poster
#35 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 8:55 AM
I've recovered three of my files! Yay! (Thanks Mootilda! )

Well, five more to go! :D

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 2:47 PM
Default 5...4...3...2...1...
Delphy, reading your info on the events that happened leading up to this, sounds like Chii got successfully attacked with a binary bomb routine. That, our someone tried to cleab the H.D.s by sandblasting Have a huge back-up of downloads, will start compareing to your list tonight. Have fun
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#37 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 3:42 PM
iamwolfspawn, no known virus or attack that I know of results in the kind of corruption and general filesystem damage that I am seeing - therefore I do NOT think it was anything malicious - it's a simple failure of the RAID array that then resulted in the drives being reverted back to a point in time that they where "clean" (probably automatically via journal recovery).

Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 4:21 PM
You guys rock my socks...
Field Researcher
#39 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 5:11 PM
I like to thank everybody thats works so very hard to restore the site as it was! Specialy for Delphy, I could inmagine what a lot of stress you've got from this issue. But great work! MTS2 rules and that's also the fact for Delphy and the rest of the staff!

Quote:
~~Simmies...... All around the world~~
Do you like more to see??:)Look here!
Please do not upload any of my stuff to other websites without my permission. Thank you!

Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 6:02 PM
Default thanks
A quick question, do you know when the sexysims2 downloads will be back online? Thanks alot for all the hard work you all have been putting in, you guys are the best!!!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 6:45 PM
You guys have done great managing the site, and I have been logging in since the whole fiasco happened, checking in on your progress with the fixes. I will definitely check my downloads folder for anything that might be missing *squeaks* Good luck guys!

~*Gwenieviere*~
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#42 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 9:18 PM
ok... me is tired now... I've gone through all my MTS2 downloads. People beat me to most of them. I only managed to restore Elvira's and fix a couple of false positives. lol I'm done. What's the current status?
Test Subject
#43 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:12 PM
O: The files were working today but now they don't work anymore? :o

>.D RAWWWRR!!!
ALL HAIL ZE DUCK ;3
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#44 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:44 PM
Most likely you're getting a 503 error, which means the server is overstressed. If not, we'd need more information than "it's not working".

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#45 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 11:28 PM
You guys rule!
Test Subject
#46 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 12:45 AM
I'm currently helping LyricLee recover Exnem's Sims' lost files (caused by a hacker), but once that's done, I'll see what I've got that can help. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tommi86
A quick question, do you know when the sexysims2 downloads will be back online? Thanks alot for all the hard work you all have been putting in, you guys are the best!!!!

Sexysims2 downloads are up again now. I just downloaded the pole.

Just joking, eventually I'll see if I can help somehow.

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Test Subject
#48 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 3:06 AM Last edited by simsy89 : 17th Mar 2009 at 3:19 AM. Reason: better explanation
Default Suggestion
Quote: Originally posted by bobbythehacker
I know i've downloaded the list, but its a mile long and i probably have about 20% of them,it would take days to search them 1 by 1
(any suggestion)!

I have about 900 zip files from mts on my pc. Here is how I'm going through it. If you have excel this may help. I saved the web page of the missing files link from here to my documents. Then opened it, select all, and copied and pasted the list into excel. I then am going down the list of zips I have and doing a find in excel for the number. But wow you have a lot more than we have. As I find them and upload them I fill color the cells from that line so I know I have done it, and fill color the ones I know I don't have with a different color... Eventually the list of missing files will all have fill color and all done... Hope that helps.

I don't create or recolor and my daughter and I have just began downloading custom content for our game a couple of months ago. I figure this is the least I could do for all the wonderful free downloads of custom content we got for our game from here . BTW I have found and uploaded 4 files I had and have only just begun going down the list. Unfortunately I go back to work tomorrow so I don't know how far I will get.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#49 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 3:23 AM
Another few hundred down.

Current status is:
Total files: 4088
Threads affected: 2189

Missingfiles.html updated

Test Subject
#50 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 9:50 AM
I pulled an all nighter and went through all of my 900 some files on one drive and uploaded 39. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I will check my external and other hard drive to see if I have more on my next days off next week.
Page 2 of 3