Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2006 at 6:11 AM Last edited by lgiese : 8th Jun 2006 at 3:38 AM.
WooHoo - Mac Sims 2 - Tool
Quote: Originally posted by ninapuss
Woohoo is going to revolutionise TS2 for Mac users... thanks for all your hard work.
Feedback: I've been using the v2 alpha on my Intel Mac for a couple of days without any hitches at all.

Don't take my word for it. Mac owners are raving about WooHoo.

Searching is over. WooHoo is available for downloading, in case any Mac people doesn't know that yet. Look in the Modding tools section on MTS2 for the latest version. Lots of good features and many more are planned if there is support.

My goal is a user friendly, better than commercial quality, rock solid, sims two tool that does everything you want and more. Check it out and see if WooHoo is something you want to support. It will take a little time of course but, I can really pump out the code fast when I'm motivated.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 3:28 PM
I play on an osx and I can't find anything either...
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:50 AM
What do u mean by simpe, milkshape i saw them for mac computers...but what do they do?
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 5:53 AM
SimPE is a tool for modding The Sims 2 (which I linked you to in another thread). It can do many things, too many to list here, but they include creating objects. Milkshape is a 3D mesh editing program that you can use to create new meshes for the game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lgiese
I have been seaching for OSX tools and cant find a thing... Any Mac users out there playing the sims? and creating custom content?

I need tools like clean pack installer, simpe, milkshape, poser, etc...

Please let me know of anything that I could use on my mac... IS there anyone out there working on Mac tools? If not then I am willing to develop some mac tools myself if anyone else out there plays sims2 on OSX.

Don't know about mac tools, but you can now run windows xp on macs using "boot camp". You could always run the windows versions and use these tools if not available in mac versions..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd May 2006 at 3:17 PM
boot camp... I'd rather not...

Time is what keeps everything from happening at once. -anonymous
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd May 2006 at 3:57 PM Last edited by lgiese : 2nd May 2006 at 4:07 PM.
Default Free 3d modeling prgm for mac... wings 3d
I just found this 3d modeling program for mac os x 10.3 and later... and its free.. I saw some tutorials on mts2 that use this program as well...

http://www.wings3d.com/

it doesn't do animations but its a start...

Anyone ever use wing3d on a mac? what do you think of its capabilities?

Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd May 2006 at 1:39 AM
I run on a mac but I tried wings3d....I'm used to a CAD setup, so this program is completely new to me! D:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd May 2006 at 3:24 AM
what 3d program do you like the most on a mac? what free 3d program do you like the most? I cant afford thousands or hundreds of dollars on a 3d program and neither can most hobbiest that create content for sims 2... I need to know whats the best full featured 3d modeling program in free to very very very cheap price range.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd May 2006 at 5:13 AM
Found another tool for macs at http://www.uvmapper.com/ its free! there are 3 different versions for mac, not sure which is which but should cover just about everyones needs.... so, with wings and uvmapper all we need is a package editor which i am writing now, should have a version ready for alpha testing in about a week...

check out this tutorial http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=80621
while youre waiting for me...

Test Subject
#11 Old 13th May 2006 at 5:52 AM
Thanks! i'm a mac user and i really really want to make stuff, good luck on the package editor. Luv Chrl268
Instructor
#12 Old 16th May 2006 at 4:46 AM
Blender 3D has a Mac version, and it's free.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jun 2006 at 3:37 AM
Check the modding tools section on MTS Two for the latest version of WooHoo for Mac

Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2007 at 11:26 PM
Too bad that WooHoo for Mac isn't listed in the Tool section at all. Perhaps you could provide a link?

No link=no proof that it exists.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#15 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 2:36 AM
Test Subject
#16 Old 11th Aug 2007 at 4:06 AM
Default Can it be found?
I've been searching on Google for a couple of days, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I know it's been discontinued, but if anyone has a copy could they email it to me? penguify(at)gmail*period*com?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 9:19 AM
Is it this one?

http://woohooformac.wordpress.com/faq/

Marjorie Dawes: Dust. Anybody? No? High in fat, low in fat? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust.
Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. Anybody? No? Dust. It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like.
Sims Love to Run with Scissors, Simmers Love to Download.
Test Subject
#18 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 4:15 AM
There's a version of Woohoo available for download at InSimenator.net (check in the "Mac Users Peer Support" thread).
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 10:19 AM
Hi! I'm looking, too, for this program but with no success at all.
I've searched here, in google and in the insimenator - it seems i can't find it there either. Does anyone have a copy to share? Please send e a pm! Thanks in advance.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 7th Aug 2008 at 11:58 PM
Look here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost...51&postcount=12
HugeLunatic informs me that you cannot save files with this program though; Lgiese apparently never enabled that part of the program.