Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Have Some Personality Please!

by PolarBearSims Posted 16th May 2017 at 2:18 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2024 at 10:14 PM by PolarBearSims : Mod Update 11/17/20

1202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 981 Feedback Posts, 220 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 49
Theorist
Original Poster
#101 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmTheRad
If I use just the Personality Please file, will the gender preference tuning be the same as the base game?

Yes. As long as you don't use the gender files then the gender preference will stay the same
Test Subject
#102 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
Yes. Means when a sim is either generated by the game or born, they have an equal chance of being one of the 3

Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 26th May 2017 at 4:13 AM
Amazing, this mod is just awesome, someone needed to make a mod like this, keep up the good work, you have my thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#104 Old 26th May 2017 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XxN4x0xX
Amazing, this mod is just awesome, someone needed to make a mod like this, keep up the good work, you have my thanks

Thank you
Field Researcher
#105 Old 28th May 2017 at 1:32 PM
Hi! I was messing around with your mod and it's a lot of fun! I have come up an idea. Could there be a way to add traits or something in the system to set a specific sim that won't flirt/ lower chance to flirt with random sims when they are married or taken? Like Truly Loyal, Faithful or oppositely to be a Cheater. So it gives sims some differences on their attitude towards romance.
Theorist
Original Poster
#106 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Hi! I was messing around with your mod and it's a lot of fun! I have come up an idea. Could there be a way to add traits or something in the system to set a specific sim that won't flirt/ lower chance to flirt with random sims when they are married or taken? Like Truly Loyal, Faithful or oppositely to be a Cheater. So it gives sims some differences on their attitude towards romance.

I've never made traits myself but if there were other traits made I could put out a test to see if adding their info to the mod worked. I can see if there is something I can do when it comes to sims being married. Like maybe those sims needing a higher relationship before accepting romantic passes. I agree, it's way to easy to get a sin to like you.

An unflirty and noncommittal sim already have lower chances of flirting but if they still seem to easy that can be adjusted.
Field Researcher
#107 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PolarBearSims
I've never made traits myself but if there were other traits made I could put out a test to see if adding their info to the mod worked. I can see if there is something I can do when it comes to sims being married. Like maybe those sims needing a higher relationship before accepting romantic passes. I agree, it's way to easy to get a sin to like you.

An unflirty and noncommittal sim already have lower chances of flirting but if they still seem to easy that can be adjusted.

Zerbu said he is making a new version of Mod Constructor on twitter. I would take a look at it after it releases and see if I can help.
Theorist
Original Poster
#108 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
Zerbu said he is making a new version of Mod Constructor on twitter. I would take a look at it after it releases and see if I can help.

Awesome I've taken a look at creating traits in the past, I just don't really have the ambition to make one lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 29th May 2017 at 4:42 PM
Thanks, this is a great mod. Do I need to unzip the file, or do I just put the .zip file in the mods folder?
Theorist
Original Poster
#110 Old 29th May 2017 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by user4567
Thanks, this is a great mod. Do I need to unzip the file, or do I just put the .zip file in the mods folder?

You will need to unzip it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#111 Old 31st May 2017 at 1:58 AM
Do I have to download just 1 file or all ?
Theorist
Original Poster
#112 Old 31st May 2017 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Feisbukaite
Do I have to download just 1 file or all ?

The main file is the personality please. The other is optional, only download an add-on if you want the global gender preference changed.
Theorist
Original Poster
#113 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:07 AM
UPDATE:

ADJUSTED: "Yell At" and "Insult" has been adjust just slightly to a higher chance.
ADJUSTED: Made few more adjustments to "Woohoo"
ADDED: "Try for Baby" has been added to the mod.

Thank you for all of your support!

~ENJOY~
Instructor
#114 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 9:19 AM
So I've noticed that Sims 4 negative traits like Evil, Hot-Headed and Mean, have alot less autonomous negative social consequences than Sims 3...does this mod fix that? Because I miss the organic relationships that produced.
Theorist
Original Poster
#115 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
So I've noticed that Sims 4 negative traits like Evil, Hot-Headed and Mean, have alot less autonomous negative social consequences than Sims 3...does this mod fix that? Because I miss the organic relationships that produced.

If your referring to those traits being more mean than others than yes. They are more likely to do a mean interaction and cause a negative conversation. There's a few factors that the interactions use on determining on what gets used. Because of those factors those sims can also have romantic relationships at the same time I'm also hoping to see more sims fighting and arguing autonomously. Sims moods play a part in how they act as well regardless of their traits.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#116 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 8:16 PM
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! :D
Test Subject
#117 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 4:26 AM
Does this mod affect sickness at all? For some reason, ALL the sims are sick lol. It's like the flu is going around or something.
Theorist
Original Poster
#118 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SHEnanigans
Does this mod affect sickness at all? For some reason, ALL the sims are sick lol. It's like the flu is going around or something.

Nope, doesn't do anything with sickness, just the interactions listed in the description.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 9:26 AM
I haven't gotten to play much of Parenthood myself, but it seems like people have mixed feelings about the character values and new traits for Young Adults. Are you planning on incorporating those into the mod so sims behave more like they're supposed to?
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 1:53 PM
If you could; I would love to have parenting autonomous
Theorist
Original Poster
#121 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deer_Lord
I haven't gotten to play much of Parenthood myself, but it seems like people have mixed feelings about the character values and new traits for Young Adults. Are you planning on incorporating those into the mod so sims behave more like they're supposed to?

Once I see a little more of how the interactions work and a little more on what some of the stuff does I plan on adding something in the future for it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#122 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 7:38 PM
This mod completely changed my game -- there's finally drama. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 12:20 AM
Have you gotten any reports of this causing an infinite loading screen when someone invites you on a date? I have never had that happen before
Theorist
Original Poster
#124 Old 4th Jun 2017 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaotikah
Have you gotten any reports of this causing an infinite loading screen when someone invites you on a date? I have never had that happen before

No I haven't not with this mod. Do you have the old version? The autonomous ask for date was removed prior to the last patch. Could possibly not work anymore. Try updating to the recent version.

Do you have the mod, vampire motive fix? Last I checked it hadn't been updated since the patch and that one will cause an infinite loading screen if a vampire is on the lot. I haven't heard or seen of any others yet.
Theorist
Original Poster
#125 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 6:58 PM
UPDATE

ADDED: Toddlers! I created a toddler add-on for those of you who would like to give more personality to your toddlers! ~IN TESTING~

Thank you all for your support!

~ENJOY~
Page 5 of 49