Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1438
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 6143 (Who?), Viewed: 227063 times.
Search this Thread
Old 17th Jun 2018, 7:25 AM #6126
Tullulabell
Lab Assistant

I noticed that if two sims have handheld games in their inventory, they can play together!

Just take each day 24 minutes at a time... Unless you hit pause, then you could be there for hours!

Sims 2 Pinterest Profile: https://www.pinterest.com/tullulabell1894/
In the process of moving all Sims 2 pins from my personal Pinterest
Old 17th Jun 2018, 9:52 AM #6127
JDacapo
Theorist

You can tip community business owners/workers. Pretty awesome!
Old 17th Jun 2018, 11:16 AM #6128
Yvelotic2001
Lab Assistant

1 Achievements

I discovered that any Maxis lot, occupied or not, has Sim references which have to be cleaned first.
Old 17th Jun 2018, 4:04 PM #6129
inspiredzone
Lab Assistant

4 Achievements

If you make a pond, then click undo, it wipes out all the terrain paint on that area.

This was a good thing- I was trying to get it back to normal to blend with the surrounding hood terrain, so I was able to just cover the lot with a pond.
Old 17th Jun 2018, 6:12 PM #6130
Prah
Field Researcher

5 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspiredzone
If you make a pond, then click undo, it wipes out all the terrain paint on that area.

This was a good thing- I was trying to get it back to normal to blend with the surrounding hood terrain, so I was able to just cover the lot with a pond.

Hold the right click-button and use the terrain paint does the same thing.
Old 17th Jun 2018, 9:57 PM #6131
gummilutt
Mad Poster

42 Achievements

View My Journal

Or hold down ctrl, just like you would with a floor.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old 18th Jun 2018, 10:46 AM #6132
DJ.
Scholar

6 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvelotic2001
I discovered that any Maxis lot, occupied or not, has Sim references which have to be cleaned first.
This also includes the CAS and young adult CAS lots, found in game data \TSData\Res\GlobalLots. Sucks.

Felicity Island! :D
"When people put their mind to things, when people are inspired, when people are motivated; anything is possible. I saw a naked woman riding a giant telephone." -nicepeter
Old 18th Jun 2018, 2:42 PM #6133
Peni Griffin
Mad Poster

12 Achievements

We don't actually know that these references hurt anything, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Old 18th Jun 2018, 6:03 PM #6134
FranH
Mad Poster

I'm going to assume that everyone knows that the Sims series was based on Abraham Maslow's theory of self-actualization.

Today, while browsing I came across this article that discusses it and why some do not think it's actually or totally accurate. I found it educational:

Understanding Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Old 18th Jun 2018, 6:13 PM #6135
Bigsimsfan12
Alchemist

2 Achievements

The "Water's Flow" painting worth $300 also functions as a light. It has a cute little animation too when the light is switched on.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Old 18th Jun 2018, 7:53 PM #6136
Liza
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I'm going to assume that everyone knows that the Sims series was based on Abraham Maslow's theory of self-actualization.

Today, while browsing I came across this article that discusses it and why some do not think it's actually or totally accurate. I found it educational:

Understanding Maslow's Theory of Self-Actualization

Yes, we are talking about this here. Very interesting reading. There also says that Sims 2 describes all levels of the hierarchy in contrast to other games.
Old 18th Jun 2018, 8:06 PM #6137
RoxEllen1965
Top Secret Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
The "Water's Flow" painting worth $300 also functions as a light. It has a cute little animation too when the light is switched on.

My grandmother used to have an animated light similar to that. Those animated lamps were popular at one time. Most of the old ones seem to be round, but I have seen flat ones like the one in the game.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ih=752&dpr=1.25
Old Yesterday, 4:11 AM #6138
gummilutt
Mad Poster

42 Achievements

View My Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peni Griffin
We don't actually know that these references hurt anything, though.

I thought we had confirmed that, back when Jawusa found how to clean them. Bad memory these days so not totally sure, but like 85% sure.

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Old Yesterday, 5:48 AM #6139
Sunrader
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

I learned some new things this weekend, and I'm so happy with this result.

I learned about all the OMSPs from SilentLucidity (oops, who hit the lamp post?). I figured out how to change the model used for favorite mods I use constantly while playing (community trashcan is actually InSim's selector, Sim Crossing sign is VC, and wrecked lampost is BOs Need Freak, all up front where I need them). And, through the helpful simmers in WCIF, I found some awesome decorative skates so my version of Rollers! can finally have a skate rental (through the window). A weekend well spent!
Old Yesterday, 5:48 AM #6140
Annorah
Lab Assistant

Well, I discovered something while NOT playing: distance definitely makes the heart grow fonder.

56 days and counting, folks! I do not know how much more I can endure! Please, help! Send me a new computer! I miss my game with all my being!

In this house, we respect and treasure all Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown pre-mades. Is that clear?

Good.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 PM DefaultExploring GA for the first time #6141
Sunrader
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

Am I the last simmer to figure out how to use GridAdjuster?! Wow, I'm just loving it, no more sloped or doubled walls. I love tiny lots. Now my single sims can have a tiny apt and a tiny business all on the same tiny lot.

Three photos showing just a quick throw together play test of GA's basement for a tiny footprint on a tiny lot.
Last edited by Sunrader : Today at 3:52 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:01 PM #6142
Bulbizarre
Mad Poster

5 Achievements

Is that a cloned Rod Humble?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives | Check out my website!
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM #6143
joandsarah77
Needs Coffee

26 Achievements

View My Journal

@Sunrader you realize with lot adjuster (rather than Grid Adjuster) you can build one tile closer to the edge?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Old Today, 3:47 AM #6144
Sunrader
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
@Sunrader you realize with lot adjuster (rather than Grid Adjuster) you can build one tile closer to the edge?

No, is that a particular setting or do you mean build on a bigger lot, then shrink? That could be useful. I do find, though, that it's sometimes good to leave the two spaces so sims can walk around or to put the occasional item where they can interact with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Is that a cloned Rod Humble?

Yes, now known as Humbler Humble, since he can't give away his computers anymore. He's cloned as safely as I can, I think, cloned with christianlov's cloner, then rinsed through Body Shop. He has so many computers because he's the only sim in my entire test hood, or he was, until the game spawned a newspaper carrier - When I get tired of building test lots, I might have them hook up to repopulate....

This idea of putting in the underground apt has grown over time. I've tired of watching sims do everyday stuff like go to the bathroom, so I have sometimes put those upstairs and never bothered to follow them up when they go. But, mostly the vast majority of my sims get stuck with only Veranka's All-in-One. I like the idea with this of putting a more luxurious place underground (Humble has a nice clawfoot down there) that is just for them. Once they are built and the fun stuff is upstairs, even I won't follow them down when they go down for a nice long bath or a good sleep. Give em a little privacy, you know?!
Last edited by Sunrader : Today at 4:01 AM.

Section jump: