Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 8:15 AM
Default How can I find the custom content I accidentally deleted?
I had an issue with a mod & instead of just deleting all my mods & starting fresh, I somehow deleted all of my custom content, too! So now my sims are bald because I used custom hair or are sporting embarrassingly stupid outfits because they were wearing custom clothes. I'd collected the custom content for the however many years TS4 has been out, so I don't remember the exact stuff I had, but most of it was from here at MTS. Is there a way I can see all the stuff I've downloaded, so I can just download it again?

Please help my sims not be bald and naked.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 8:47 AM
Did you look in your recycle bin?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 1:56 AM Last edited by chicvibe : 4th Apr 2019 at 6:29 AM.
I am editing this because karma bit me in my backup drive.

If you haven't already, you can try remedies for finding content you may have deleted, but your degree of success depends on whether the space on your puter has been overwritten.

google recovery of data from drives, and even though your c drive is not broken, the info might help you.

Now is a good time to go cc shopping, huh? There is a lot of beautiful stuff out there. Perhaps in the future, you should back up your game so if you delete stuff (yes, I have accidentally done it too, I am not judging). dropbox, onedrive (microsoft), google, all are free and are user friendly.

In the meantime, if you want suggestions or you maybe remember some creators that are no longer here, you have come to the right place to ask more questions, and you can check out my signature for s4 content or google wambam's cemetary folder (a bit more stuff in there than I have, so a good complement)

good luck!!