Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:42 AM Last edited by PharaohHound : 11th Jul 2017 at 1:58 AM.
Default MTS Wants YOU! We're looking for moderators

Gather 'round, eager MTSers! We are once again looking to recruit some volunteer upload moderators from your fine ranks. This time we are especially interested in TS4ers, but we will be accepting applications from players of all Sims games.

What it will entail:

Upload moderators see the queue in a view much like the downloads browser, and individual uploads look much like users are used to seeing, just with some additional options on both. Uploads moderators log into our live chat, look at uploads waiting in the queue, and then work with other moderators who are online to evaluate each one based on various criteria, using a handy rubric like a checklist. In most cases we will also write out some individual notes with clarifications and specific feedback for the uploader. When all items are complete, the evaluation is sent to the creator and the upload is approved, rejected, or kept in the queue as it requires changes.

Each upload usually takes anywhere from 2-10 minutes to evaluate, depending on complexity and upload type (lots, for example, are usually harder and more time consuming to evaluate than walls), so the total time commitment varies somewhat depending on how many items are in the queue. Average time spent will probably be something like 15-45 minutes, for a typical "moderation session" The more warm bodies we have working on uploads, the less effort it will have to be for each individual, though.

When starting out as an upload moderator, you will be mentored closely by our more senior staff members while you learn how things work. However, even after the "training wheels" come off, we still encourage all of our moderators to take advantage of our live chat and get second opinions on their moderation. Keeping in touch with fellow moderators really helps newbies figure out where they fit in, and helps us get to know your strengths as a mod. Most of our staff members live in western Europe and eastern North America, and are typically most active during the evenings in their time zones, so being available to chat and moderate around these times will be helpful.

Though not mandatory, moderators who are open to helping with other aspects of the site will always be greatly appreciated. There's a lot of room for doing what you love here, whether it's keeping an eye on the various forums we host, helping to review our upload guidelines and policies, running official contests, or lots of other things. We've always got tasks (little and big) that need doing!

Criteria:

Here's what we're looking for in upload moderators... A good candidate for a moderator is someone who has:
  • Been a member of MTS for at least 6 months.
  • Been active on the site and/or in chat, with a consistent helpful and courteous attitude and a record of good conduct.
  • Good proficiency in English. You don't need to be a native speaker, but your English must be strong, since all staff communication is done in English.
  • Good writing skills. Being able to write clear and positive feedback, which often must communicate complex ideas to people whose English may not be particularly good, is an extremely important part of upload moderation. Ideal upload moderators are able to tailor their writing to emphasize the friendly, supportive tone that we aim to use for all uploads.
  • Good teamwork skills, and is willing to partner with other staff members and learn from their feedback.
  • An understanding of our Creator Guidelines. You don't need to have them memorized (that would be impressive, though), just a general understanding of the fundamentals will do. The specifics we can teach you.
  • A good attention to detail and willingness to learn and expand your knowledge base beyond the kinds of content and games you are currently familiar with.
  • At least a solid block of 15-45 minutes free time per day for moderation while working with other mods, several days a week.

You do not have to be a content creator to perform the tasks we're needing done (things like checking image sizes and required images, lot size/price, correct patch level listed, etc.), but being a creator is certainly a big plus!

How to apply:

If you're interested in helping out MTS as an upload moderator, and you have read this whole post at least twice to understand what you're getting into, then you can post on this here thread to let us know you're interested. Please use the word "cupcake" at least once in your post, and answer us the following:

1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites?

4. Would you be willing to commit to the time as indicated above, on MTS?

5. What time zone are you located in? What time of day typically works best for you to be online?

6. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.

Please only post applications on this thread, no off-topic chat - if you really want to discuss things, there is a thread here. Fill yer boots.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 1:50 AM
Good luck, hope the new ones fit in nicely with the existing ones and end up being good contributions to the community

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Rubric Wrangler
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 2:01 AM
I know I said "no off-topic chat", but gummilutt managed to post before I remembered to do that. Quick! So, after this post

Applications only, no chat!

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Forum Resident
#5 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 4:01 AM Last edited by Averex : 12th Jul 2017 at 5:39 PM.
I'm probably one of the younger people on this site, and I'm not sure if that makes you less interested in me, but I figured it's better to try and not be chosen than to not try at all

Just a little background info about me:
I'm 17 years old and I live in Florida. I'm a long-time Sims player; I started playing The Sims 1 when I was around 6 or 7 years old
I've been on MTS since 2012. I love musical theatre and baking (one of my favorite things to bake is cupcakes), and I'm currently hoping to attend University of Central Florida to earn a degree in Hospitality. From there I'd like to get a job working at Disney World

Application Answers:

1. I've played every Sims game, and actually have all 3 games installed on my laptop. However, I've been playing the Sims 2 and Sims 4 the most lately.

2. I make custom content, but solely for The Sims. I create sims because I have an eye for detail (and can be pretty OCD at times ), which helps me when I'm trying to make nicely-modeled, unique sims.

3. I'm not currently a staff member for other Sims sites. This would be my first staff job, but I'm absolutely willing to learn

4. I'm definitely willing to commit the time required!

5. I'm in the eastern time zone. I'm usually on daily checking updates, but in the event that things come up, Saturday is probably the best day for me to be online.

Hope I'm considered as an option for your team!

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:13 AM Last edited by Doctor Who_1987 : 11th Jul 2017 at 6:19 AM. Reason: Forgot a detail
I have been a member for little over a year (don't know if that'll work...) but figured I'd try.

My answers:

1. I've played all 4 generations of the sims. Ts4 happens to both be my favorite and the most played.

2. Yes, I do make custom content. I recolored a dress and am working on recoloring hair now.

3. No, I have never been a staff member but I am willing to learn.

4. Yes, wholeheartedly. I do pay attention to detail.

5. I'm located in the Pacific Timezone...Usually evenings and weekends are best for me.

6. Mostly I love sweets, like cupcakes and Cheesecake so I am thrilled when someone adds them to the Sims cookbook. My mods folder mainly has CAS and food mods.

Hope I can be part of the team!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 9:26 AM
Just to give a little background; I'm 19, currently residing in lovely Florida, and I just got my new laptop so my long hiatus can finally be over on here! So what better time to apply than now, right? I just recently got casted as a cast member on Disney property, but in my freetime I'm usually either downloading CC, making Sims (I tend to spend more time in the CAS than in the game itself haha,) or drawing, as I love art (And yes, this involves drawing lots of sweets, including cupcakes!)
Sims specific background, I grew up playing it. My dad got TS2 from a client years back, with the pets EP that had just released then, and I fell in love with it and have been playing since! Formerly being LittleTrancyGirl (I lost access to that account way back sadly) so even though for this account in particular I've been on since 2014, really I've been on here since 2012.

Application:
1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing? I play Sims 2-4, all expansions and stuff packs to date. I spend most of my time playing Sims 2 and Sims 4, usually building or in the CAS.

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items? Yes! I make custom sims, houses, and I can do furniture and clothing recolours. I'm actually working on a Gorillaz project with those right now, and finishing up my Invader Zim one!

3. Are you staff for any other sims sites? Sadly, no.

4. Would you be willing to commit to the time as indicated above, on MTS? Yes! Minus when I didn't have access to a computer or internet, I usually am on here at least once a day to browse the newest content and updates. And that often turns into hours, haha.

5. What time zone are you located in? What time of day typically works best for you to be online? I'm located in EST, and my best hours are usually between 4pm-4am, depending on the shifts they give me. Typically though I try to be on at least some point during the day.

6. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant. Well, adding onto above, I /love/ cartoons, music, and I'm an active roleplayer of over 10 years. I play lots of games varying from Toontown Online to Sims to old retro games, and I try to livestream them whenever I can. I'm also a huge theme park enthusiast, Disney of course being the favourite.

I hope I make it onto the team, and I wish everyone who submitted an application good luck on getting in!
Test Subject
#8 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 6:53 PM
Hi, i have been a member since 2014.

1.I have played all the games. at the time i spend most of my time playing Sims 4, But did play alot of sims 3 before :-)

2.I have never made any Custom Content.

3. No.

4. Of course, i spend most of my time on the computer, so no problem.

5.am located in the Cest Time zone. All day really, but in the evening is the best time.

6. Im a Norwegian Simmer, played sims as long as i can remember,and i think tacos and cupcakes are awesome :-)

I would love to became a part of the team.
Alchemist
#9 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 7:37 PM
1. What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?

I've played them all! I think there are a few The Sims 4 packs I have yet to try out though. Right now I'm jumping between The Sims 2 and The Sims 3!

2. Do you make custom content (even if you haven't uploaded any)? If so, for which games (even non-Sims games), and what kinds of items?

Mhhrhmm, at times I create lots in my game and when I was younger I made some clothes in TS2 Body Shop, but right now my passion for the game isn't related to creating content.

Nope!

Oh absolutely! I believe I have a will to commit and spend time on MTS to make it a better place since it's a website close to my heart. I can't think of any other site I've been using constantly for almost 10 years

5. What time zone are you located in? What time of day typically works best for you to be online?

UTC+01:00 - Centraleuropean time. I have the most freetime in the evening but at times in the morning.

6. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Whatever you feel like sharing, regardless of whether or not it's directly relevant.

Where do I begin? I see my self as a friendly person who grows when I'm part of something big, often a larger group. I have never taken myself too seriously, I believe that could be a key to live a healthy life. Nothing in life means more to me than my family, my friends and spending time in nature, although I do love playing games such as The Sims, Grand Theft Auto, Crash Bandicoot and Portal. At times with a cupcake in my hand. Other interests include fashion, drag, computers and exercise. I believe I have a big understanding for how people's mindset work, and I am not quick to judge. In my eyes everyone deserves a second chance.

I hope you consider me!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 9:33 PM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 11th Jul 2017 at 9:46 PM.

I have played TS1, TS2, TS3 and TS4. I spend the most time on TS2 at the moment. More creating than playing, though.
I have also played Simcity 4, Simcity3000 and I am currently addicted to Simcity Buildit on my mobile.

Yes, I started creating January 2010, but I'm a member of MTS way longer. I started with postcards, careers, but also bodyshop items, recolors, lots and food. Creating new cupcakes, ice cream,... in themes is what I also like to do. I have several ideas for more creations. This all only for TS2.
I tried to create for TS3 without luck (only some lots worked out well) and I also tried TS4. That went a bit better, but I prefer TS2 too much to create for any other game.
I enjoy other's CC for those games, though.
And although my attempts to create for TS3 and TS4 failed, I am still willing to learn. I'm currently working on creating something new (with BHAV) for TS2. Gummilutt is so kind to help me with that right now.
I know I still have to learn a lot about creating, there are several (potential) creators who ask me to help them with their creations. That's why I wrote some tutorials on my blog to help others to create their own recolors, food,...
As being a teacher (see answer to 6.) writing tutorials and teaching others is also something I love to do.

Only on my blog Sims2Idea.

I'm certainly willing to do so. Several (not all) days a week is definitely possible for me.
When it's possible to moderate uploads in the queue on my mobile, it would be possible to commit even more time to MTS.

My timezone is GMT+2. Brussels let's say.
The best time for me is in the evening and weekends. My working hours are not consistent at the moment so mornings might be possible sometime too.

I'm a 28-year old woman who's very interested in everything that has to do with Sims, pets (especially my cat and dog) and IT (although I like the PC to be on).
Currently I work in logistics and a quality employee. Angree drivers or clients are something I have to deal with nearly weekly. But I actually have a diploma to be a teacher (English, IT and economics) so I can also handle angree students . Meaning that I know how to give constructive critisism even when it's written (it always sound harder written than spoken). And although English is not my native language and I still write mistakes sometimes (mostly when being too fast or too enthousiastic) I can really make myself clear in a nice, friendly way. It's typical for a teacher to be patient, work in team, being constructive and loving to follow rules and other following those rules. I love checklists to make sure you don't forget anything and to make sure that the quality is good.
As quality employee I know how important perfect quality is and I have to spend a lot of attention to details.
I've written a lot of careers myself and I am dreaming of (finding the time first) to do some writing. I have an idea for a book, I just haven't had the time to put it on paper yet.
The most important for me at my house, are my pets: my dog "Phoebe" (Yeah, from Friends) and my cat "Simba" (Yeah, from The Lion King). I love playing with and teasing my cat and I really love walking my dog in the park. I love several TV-series mostly detectives. I don't love cooking that much. I create better food for TS2 than for my own I like eating though.

Hopefully you will consider me as a moderator.
How will the appliers be notified about the outcome of the application? Is there a further "application process" like some tests or something?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Alrunia : 11th Jul 2017 at 10:34 PM.
Hi hello I'm Alrunia and I think cupcakes are a little bit overrated they're just muffins without the ability to pretend you're eating healthy

I've been on MTS since 2009, which is apparently eight years. I've played all of the Sims games; 1 and 2 when I was very young and I can't recall much about them, 3 and 4 more recently. I currently only play Sims 4.

I've been making CC since the Sims 2 days, in fact I have some highly embarrassing old stuff uploaded to another site beause there weren't enough clothes and hairstyles in my favourite shade of lurid pink I GUESS I also made some (hopefully better) stuff for Sims 4, which is all uploaded here on MTS; mostly builds, one piece of makeup, and one TS3 to TS4 object conversion/recolour.

I am not staff on any other sims sites, but I'm perfectly willing to commit to the time required by MTS. My timezone is CEST, and I'm online often in the late morning (depending on school and work) and always early evening until late at night. I like to think I'm pretty familiar with the upload guidelines as I've gone over them a few times before when my stuff has been rejected.

I'm a little shy when it comes to interacting with people on large public forums, which is my excuse for not posting very often. Smaller groups of people or private chats are much easier for me. I like to think I'm good at writing and I've been getting very good grades for my essays this semester so hey maybe I am? I often write tutorials on how to do stuff in other games, mmorpgs, and for my other hobbies (such as sewing). I'm highly organised (I make spreadsheets for everything), extremely detail oriented (like maybe too much), I have a nearly-finished bachelor's degree in history of art and a just-started one in New Media. Conversely my interests include history (history of fashion in particular), media analysis and interactive storytelling. As a side gig I tutor high- and middle-schoolers in history, english (as a foreign language), and writing, so perhaps I'm pretty okay at expressing ideas in an accessible way.

In short I think I fulfill the requirements and there's a good chance I could be helpful.
Icy Spicy
#12 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 11:06 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 21st Jul 2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Added P.M. to time frame
Hi there! I have been a member since 2010 and been fairly active. I visit the site almost everyday and spend considerable amounts of time here. I had wanted to apply for the position last time but was unsure about the time I could dedicate. This time I decided to take the plunge!
  • I am a Medical doctor from India who has a never ending love for The Sims ( and dogs and books and Geralt of Rivia...but that is besides the point)
    English is not my native language but I did learn English as my first language in school. So, I am fairly proficient in it! (Also I spell 'Colour' with a 'u' )
    I am not a creative writer but I make it up by being organised
    I love interacting with simmers
    I can give constructive criticism as I am getting additional training to become a medical educator (see the list of irrelevant fact at the bottom of this post) and have fairly good experience of training people.

I have played all 4 games to varying degree. At present I play Sims 3 and 4. For Sims 3 its mainly playing and for Sims 4 is mainly mod testing at present!

I make custom content and even upload a fair amount. My content is Sims 4 > Sims 3 at present. I make mods (including Cupcakes) and buy mode objects. I also love building but I don't upload those anymore.

No I am not a staff .

I will be willing to commit the required time to the best of my ability. Some days I have no free time but I can try and make up on other days .

I am in India which is GMT+5.5 hours and the time I am online is typically between 6:30 P.M. -8:30 P.M. GMT few days a week. If I have a day off (like Sunday), I can be online at other times too. Also I am always connected through mobile.

I am 31 years old and currently doing an additional degree which will allow me to be a medical educator (teach medical undergrads and nurses). I am also writing a thesis and doing additional research ( on top of the clinical patient service- Internal medicine and clinical neurophysiology). Life is hectic and my major entertainment is Sims. I don't like going out much and I love a good book and good food. I cannot really cook! I sleep less than 5 hours every day (thats where I get my gaming time from). I am yet to pop out a kid.My husband is also a doctor and he sometimes works nights and I take advantage by gaming all night and going to work next day in zombie mode /end of irrelevant information.

In conclusion I would love to be a part of the MTS Team and contribute to the site which has benefited me so much!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Jul 2017 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Dogger126 : 13th Jul 2017 at 2:53 AM.
Hi! I've been on MTS since around 2014, when I got the Sims 3 and was mesmerized by the amount of brilliant content & creators on this site.

Answers:

1. I've played all Sims games, Sims 1-Sims 4, with every EP & SP for 1&2, a lot of 3's EP's and SP's, and every additional pack for the Sims 4 (currently). Right now, I've been obsessed with The Sims 4, and keep playing it non-stop. I don't forget about 2, as I will always come back every so often to enjoy the brilliance that is The Sims 2 (I don't currently play or own Sims 3 anymore)

2.I do make some CC for The Sims 4 in my spare time. Most of them are personal and never uploaded, but I do still have some experience in texturing clothing (I own Photoshop, but I still do not consider myself an expert ).

3.I am not a staff member for any other Sims sites but I am eager to learn!

4. I am definitely ready to commit to the time needed.

5. I am located in the Eastern Standard Time/Eastern Daylight Time Zone, and although my schedule is a little crazy, expect to see me most on Sunday/Monday.

6. I live in the U.S. (Florida), and I speak English fluently. I am obsessed with luxury brands, so expect some designer-inspired clothing CC from me soon !

"Do you think that God stays in heaven because he too lives in fear of what he has created?" - a quote from spy kids 2
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 1:39 AM
1. I played the Sims 3 and now I play the Sims 4 because my disk version of TS3 doesn't work for some reason.

2. I don't make CC but I've always wanted to learn how!

3. I am not staff for any Sims sites at the moment.

4. I would be 100% willing to commit to the moderator time.

5. I am in the Vancouver time zone. I can come online between 1:30 PM and 9:00 PM.

6. I like da cupcake and doggos.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 2:06 AM
1.What Sim games have you played? What Sim game(s) do you currently spend the most time playing?
I have played 2 to 4. I lately have been primarily playing Sim 3, but have played 4 the most.

Yes, and only simple recolors for personal use in Sims 4.

I was staff on a LGBTQ Sims forum for 1 1/2 years, specifically an administrator. I handled uploads, and moderated chats.

Yes, and even more.

I am in Arizona Mtn time. I would be most active at night and the evening.

I like cupcake(s), dogs, animals in general but especially small animals. I'm transgender (FtM), gay asf, and a huge nerd. I do have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) but it won't affect my moderating of uploads.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 12:50 PM
Default Application
Hi everyone! I’m 19 years old living in Wales. I started playing the Sims since I was a child and have done so ever since.

I’ve been a member on Mod The Sims since 2008, although I’ve never actually made my own content. I’m a frequent downloader for both the Sims 2 and 4, and I’ve probably downloaded at least 25% of the entire website over the years (no joke). I don’t chat on this website much, but I’m always more than happy to start talking to other users.

I have lived in Wales my entire life, so needless to say I’m fluent in English, and I have A’s in both English Language and Literature GCSE.

I am able to work in a team, as I am a Student Ambassador at my university, so I have to communicate with large groups of people on a regular basis. I’m friendly and outgoing so working with others is no challenge for me, and I even have a Working with Others Qualification from A levels.

I am aware of the Creator Guidelines and what content isn’t allowed on this website as well as some basic how to .RAR and .ZIP. As I’ve never uploaded myself I don’t have in-depth knowledge but it’s nothing that I couldn’t learn quickly.

I’ve been a dedicated harp player for over 10 years, so attention to detail is an essential quality I need (and have) in order to sight-read music. I’m always happy to expend my knowledge of anything, in fact I’m going to be working with my International Office in my university to greet foreign students at airports as it’s a chance to expand my cultural knowledge.

Although I am in university 15-45 minutes a day won’t be a large chunk out of my work and I’ be happy to commit to this.

You name it I’ve probably played it. The entire list of Sims 2,3 and 4 games that I own are listed in my profile so you can get the idea of how much I play the Sims. I am also a console player, and I’m still in love with the Sims, The Sims 2 and Pets and the Sims 2 Castaway for PS2. I also have the Urbz (whether that’s a Sim game is debatable) as well as the Sims 3 for Xbox and the Sims 2 Pet and Castaway Stories or PC. I could also list all the Nintendo Sim games I own and play but I’d probably crash the website. ATM I’m currently playing the Sims 2, because I just love nostalgia (also the Pleasant family are my favourite to play with).

I’ve never made any custom content myself, not because I can’t, but I’ve just been so in love with other creator’s works that I’ve never felt the need or desire to make my own. If I did however, I’d make a mod so that when a child “cooks” with the Little Baker oven that the cupcakes/muffins don’t burn, it just annoys me when I have 10-20 of them around the house.

I’m not a member of staff on any Sim website but I do use them e.g. the sims resource etc.

Yes I would. As I said above even though I am in university it is not a large amount of time out of my day that I would be using, as I love Sims so it would be more like a break than a job.

I live in Wales so I live in Greenwich mean-time. For me anytime between 2pm and 10pm would be fine but I’d be happy to do any other time as long as I am able.

I’ve already said a little bit at the start, but other things that I enjoy doing include jogging, as it’s a nice way to clear my mind from stress and I’m a Member at my local gym. I also like to cook; cookies, cupcakes, pies, cakes, casseroles; it’s just nice to do something practical. I have been meeting with the head of my local youth justice team in order to become a volunteer with them, so I’ll be working with people who don’t have a lot of support from the system or their families so hopefully I’ll be able to make a difference to them. I’ve just finished my first year at university, so that’s a relief. I can also speak and write some German, as I did German A level at my college, so you could say I have advance German knowledge. I had some of the top academic results in both my college and comprehensive school so I think it’s safe to say I’m not stupid (unless we’re talking about football or rugby). I play the harp, and I have both Grade 5 theory and practical, but I’ve decided to skip grades and I’m currently working towards my Grade 8 Practical exam. One of my pieces is “My Favorite Things” from the Sound of Music, don’t let it fool you into thinking it’s a sweet, innocent song because it’s the hardest thing ever
Field Researcher
#17 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 4:44 PM
Wow, lots of applicants so far. I have thought about moderating for MTS in the past before, but never pursued it. It would be fun!
I've been an active member here at MTS since February of 2008. That's 9, almost 10 years!!

For the past few years I've kept an eye on the creator feedback forums, and occasionally poke around in our WCIF forums as well. I'm always looking to see the lastest uploads to MTS, regardless of what game the download may be for. I think it's good to have a knowledge of all the games, however, I don't usually play TS1, TS2, or TS4 so much. I am a big fan of the open world concept playable in TS3, so I spend most of my play time playing the 3rd installment in the game franchise.

CUPCAKE
I've played all Sim games, dabbling a little in Sim City released in 1989, and fell in love with the franchise when Maxis released what started it all, The Sims, released in the year 2000. I currently spend the most time playing The Sims 3 for PC.

If a game has image files that can be recolored, I'll find them. I like to use photoshop to recolor different aspects of the game like skin tones, and hair colors of NPC's. Here at MTS I've only uploaded houses that I've built, not individual items.

No. I was, however, a moderator for Avatar Wikia for about two years, almost five years ago.

Absolutely! MTS is almost always an open tab in my browser anyways, and I'm up with insomnia most nights looking for something to do. This would be good for me.

I'm located in the Mountain Standard Time zone (MST). I'm usually online, or playing The Sims in the morning from around 8:00 am until sometime around noon. Then again when I'm home from work around 9:30 pm until about midnight, possibly later.

I've been playing The Sims since I was four years old, sitting on my baby sitter's lap. Now, I'm 23 years old, living in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I recently got married to my amazing husband on Hallow's Eve last year, we've been together for almost three years now. Hair is my passion! I've been a licensed cosmetologist for four years, and currently work for Floyd's Barbershop. I'm all about my four dogs, they're my babies! Being a gay man, the fur-babies is as good as it's going to get before we're able to adopt!
(baby fever is no joke)

Thank you for your time, and consideration.

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Jul 2017 at 11:51 PM
Application-
Hello! My name is Jaycee Cord, I'm 15 years old & I live in Maryland. Today i am applying for moderator on MTS.
1. I've Played the sims 4 and the sims 3. My parents wouldn't let me get sims 2 sadly, even though i really wanted it. I currently spend the most time playing the sims 4.
2.I do not create cc for any sims game, although i would like to. I'm working on creating texture packs on minecraft.
3. No i am not.
4. Yes. I'm free most of the time so if you need me, just contact me at any time and i should reply within 1-5 minutes or so.
5. I'm in EST. I'm Usually on my computer at around 7am-2am. [12pm-6am on weekends, usually.]
6.I've been playing the sims since 2012 and been a fan of the games since then. I like to Travel, act, swim, sing, dance, sleep & play video games. Rollercoasters are one of my favorite things to do when i'm at a amusement park or any other park.
Tartan McBadgerface
#19 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:10 AM Last edited by Hellfrozeover : 13th Jul 2017 at 9:25 AM.
Default Application for the Role of Moderator, definitely not Cupcake Chef
1. I mainly play TS3 and TS4, although I do also visit my saves in the other two games. I have every expansion pack (because I have a problem lol), but I dread the possibility of the release of a cupcake themed pack.

2. I do. I released hair and clothing for TS2 and later for TS3 and TS4. I'm yet to really try to create objects.

3. I run my own forum, Pixelated Puddings with my friends Rachel and Tito. We'll be a year old in September and have been managing to keep things drama-free in that time.

4. Yes, I do work full-time, but I could easily fit up to an hour in to concentrate on sorting through submissions. I can also answer PMs during breaks and lunches and during quiet time at work. I could moderate between 6pm and 12am.

5. My timezone is BST, UTC +1

6. I live in Scotland with my husband and my three dogs. Aside from being a crazy dog lady, simming is my main hobby and has been since 2000 (I'm internet old at twenty eight and I've been here since 2004!). In that time, I have enjoyed dabbling in content creation and have been able to create head meshes (TS1) hair meshes (TS2/3 and 4) and clothing meshes (TS2/3 and 4). I also enjoy spending time with my friends, (Offline?? The horror!), painting, and Photoshopping my grumpy, elderly greyhound into various scenarios for my own amusement.
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:40 AM
okay what do i have to do
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:13 AM
All of them. I go through phases playing different games, but right now I'm on a 4 kick.

Only hair recolors for Sims 2

No

Absolutely

Pacific Standard Time. Any time works, but I'm a late night kind of person.

Chill person, 19, been around for a while stalking the boards, with occasional posts. Love the site

~Cupcakes~
Test Subject
#22 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 3:42 AM
An Application About cupcake (LEL)

1. I have played nearly every sims game that was ever released starting from the Sims 1 through the Sims 4. This list includes multiple other consoles that ever had The Sims title such as the PSP, and Game Cube, which were really hard to get for me at the time XD. Im currently playing The Sims 4 the most as of right now, and finally hoping back into the community from a long hiatus.

2.I have yet to make any custom content for games right now because of my limited experience in 3D modeling or using 3D programs but i am currently learning though.

3.Nope not the staff of any other site right now.

4. I would definitely be able to commit the time to dedicate to the website because i spend most time on the computer anyways So i can definitely lend more time than that if needed hands down.

5. I'm located in the Eastern North America time zone and anytime of day is actually good for me. My late nights and long hours spent on the computer and online allows me to dedicate almost anytime of day if needed.

6. Ive actually been a long time user of this site dating back to my Sims 2 days of when I bought my first game and built my first computer. My first computer was actually built to mainly play the sims and buy all the DLC, expansion and stuff packs. Oh lastly im actually 22 years old and currently am upstarting a Sims Youtube channel. Cheers cupcake
Test Subject
#23 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 7:39 AM Last edited by coldreborn : 13th Jul 2017 at 7:40 AM. Reason: Forgot teh cupcakes :/
Moderator Application
I've been a member of the MTS community for years, can't rightly recall at the moment how many however. I have hardly any posts, which is an obvious problem. That's mainly because I'd rather spend time simming, or something else, than browsing threads at my leisure. Nothing at all against people who do, I honestly wish I had that compulsion. Anyway, on to the basics....

Currently S3. Had a go with S4 but it just doesn't have that good sims feel to me, personal problems with the devs aside. I'm definitely keeping an eye on S4 though, just everything being a rabbithole makes it feel like some flash game or something.

Make? No. But I have assisted with mods for Fallout NV and Skyrim in the past, mainly voice acting and proof reading, brainstorming content. Not a programmer, so modding isn't something I'm able to really dive into (however much I'd like to)

Negative.

I believe so to the best of my knowledge. I have plenty of free time currently, so if I was aware of when people were around I can more likely commit to that regularly.

I'm located in Pacific standard. Later in the evenings through mornings usually.

I really enjoy helping others, like volunteer work, in certain circumstances. Where I can help someone understand an idea, or a reasoning. Additionally, I'm a hardcore perfectionist when it comes to typing and grammar, for better or worse lol. Lastly, I do my best to make anyone's time worth it when being taught something, be it a skill or a process.
Inventor
#24 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 9:56 AM
I figure I'll throw my hat into the ring here, even if I'm not sure if I'll even be a good Moderator. But then sometimes you don't know if you'll be good at something unless you try.

I've played Sims1 for a long time. I'm pretty sure it was one of the first games my parents purchased when we got a computer. I had a list of chores that once checked off a list, could be redeemed for an hour of computer time. I'd save them up all week to redeem for longer Sims playing sessions. Sims2 was released around the same time I got my first job and was one of the first things I ever bought with my own money. I bought every expansion and stuff pack as soon as I possibly could. I also have most of the Sims3 expansions although I'm missing several of the stuff packs. I play pretty evenly between 2 and 3, depending on how I'm feeling or which family/challenge seems most interesting that day. I've never touched Sims4 and unless someone grants me a ton of money out of nowhere, I'm probably not going to try it out for a while.

I make custom content for Sims2. I can do recolors and meshes for both clothing and objects. I've tried mods, but they just confuse the heck out of me. I might give them a try again though since I've recently learned how to read and write HTML code and am learning JavaScript so maybe it won't look near as "Greek" to me next time I open it up. Goodness knows those two "languages" looked like swirling letters only a year ago, so maybe BHAVs and such won't be so confusing if I can focus on them with that part of my brain. I've yet to try to create anything for Sims3, mostly because I've yet to be playing it and wishing something existed that I couldn't find already made by someone else.

I'm not staff on any Sims sites, but I have been an admin on several RP boards (which is why/how I learned coding). I'd link to them, but they've all died, mostly due to either lack of attention from the other admins (one person can only do so much), or from that one person that no one wants to RP with joining the community.

Yes, definitely. I am usually on my computer when I'm not sleeping or working, so devoting time here would not be a problem.

I'm in Central Time in the US. Usually the best time to get my full attention is late at night, between midnight and 2am. I'm less likely to be on in the mornings, especially if I work that day, and I generally work in the afternoons into the evenings.

Well, I'm 31 and hopelessly addicted to my phone, my computer, and Chapstick (preferably strawberry flavored). I can't spell while typing on a keyboard to save my life and and am constantly having to correct what I've typed so that it is legible and says what I meant it to say. Sims is probably my favorite game to play, though I do play a lot of other things. Lately I've been obsessed with playing Harry Potter Lego for like the thousandth time. I'll get tired of that eventually and go back to something else I've played countless times before. I enjoy re-playing games, re-watching movies, and most definitely re-reading books. I pick up so much that I missed the first time through when I'm doing/reading/watching things for the second/third/tenth time. I don't believe that things were made to be enjoyed once and set aside, that knowing the outcome of something doesn't detract from the enjoyment you can get from re-doing it. That said, I hate when things are spoiled for me, unless I purposely chose to have it spoiled. (I read the epilogue to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows before I even made it out of the store because I just had to know if everyone in the Trio survived.) My favorite books in the world are the Harry Potter series, and I'm one of those rare people that enjoys both Harry Potter and Twilight and will actually admit it. I will read any book you hand me if you can (truthfully) tell me there's a fantasy element involved in the plot, but I don't limit myself to just fantasy books. I enjoy craft projects and have so may different types of crafts that I do. Just don't ask me to draw. I can cook well enough to feed myself, but I'm not very creative that way. I see ingredients, not the meals they can become. I cannot bake at all. Unless you enjoy blackened charcoal. In that case, I'm your girl. I can tell you that is is in fact possible to burn water, and that I have done so. Don't put a pan of water on to boil then forget about it. You may very well ruin a pan and make family members mad at you. Fun fact: I cannot be trusted to transport cupcakes anywhere. They will be smashed, turned over, or have some other form of ruination rained down upon them if I am allowed to touch them. The only cupcakes that ever survive me are the ones for my sister's birthday and only because I (and they) fear her wrath if she doesn't get some form of cake on her birthday. (She's the baker in the family and she refuses to have to bake her own birthday (cup)cakes.) And I guess that's everything for now. Hope y'all are having a wonderful day! ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#25 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 6:02 PM
I have played The sims 1, 2, 3 and 4. I own all of Sims 1, most of Sims 2, all of Sims 3 and some of Sims 4. I vary between 3 and 4 at the moment with
plans to return to 2 frequently, my laptop broke my Sims 1 so I no longer have access to it.

I started with Sims 1, adding faces to templates, adding real life textures to the clothing to give my game a little less fakeness. Never got around to
creating for 2 and 3, seeings how there was so much out there ready to be downloaded. Currently I make content
for The Sims 4, mostly recolors, I have been tinkering with Blender and Sims4Studio with interests in custom clothes and hair, eventually
leading to custom functional objects. There's no end in sight, custom skills is my main goal.

No I am not.

I already spend up to 4 hours a day on MTS, or in efforts of fulfilling requests I come across on both MTS and TSR.

Eastern, USA Florida to be specific. Late in the evenings is when I get the most accomplished.

I've been playing and downloading since I was 11, 25 now. My favorite game so far is Sim 3, mostly because of all the content and worlds that are
available, I loved making Cats have kittens in 3, naming the tiny kittens was my favorite thing to do for a while, then adopting them out and finding them
randomly in my usual game play. Seeing names like Cupcake Uranus or Nance Nutcracker at any time was a kick. I'm a mother of two toddlers but that
doesn't take up my life, I was a gamer before kids, and i'll continue to play as long as I have a computer to play on. I love any aspect of craft, from knitting
to pixels. Looking forward to helping others expand their creativity.
Page 1 of 2