Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 3:28 AM
Is Seasons Worth it?
With every expansion comes new ways to build and cheat, is EP5 worth it?

Pets is semi-useful with building with the new individualroofslopeAngle.
Does seasons have any new features besides the curved pool walls?
Also, can you now put wallpapering on the pool walls?
I just need some info before buying!!!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 9:32 AM
Well I know that the pool walls AND floor are able to be paint/wallpaper
Mad Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 4:53 PM Last edited by patul : 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:24 PM.
-indiv roof angle is ok (pets patch instaled)
-pool paint and floor are ok
-you can use greenhouse tools in house building
-Maxis objects recolors are not packaged.
-If you use the Numenor's BGS it works if it is ALREADY installed when you install Ssn.
If you want to play or build in EP4 add a uptopets option before installing and save your previous games in the "TheSims 2 - PETS" folder

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 3:39 AM
What is the greenhouse tool?
I know its for the vegetables, but what does it do?
Test Subject
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2007 at 4:13 AM
I love seasons! Every season has something cool! Totally worth it, but I would defintely use the EA downloader! You never have to worry about lost/damaged cd's again. I used the downloader for both Pets & Seasons... totally worth it! Also you don't have to pay taes if you go with that option as well. I also know that none of the games in the stores have free objects, but the EA downloader does.

My favorite season so far is winter, has anyone gotten burned in the summer yet? I can't manage to, but I did almost make my Sim freeze to death, keep an eye on their temps
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 2:02 AM
I love seasons!!! Yes, I had a friend over and they were in the hottub and she caught on fire! LoL....at first I didn't know why but there is a little tempature sign that shows when they're overheated,etc. I also almost died of frostbit in the snow! I love the snow and so do the sims!!
Instructor
#7 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by poplers
What is the greenhouse tool?
I know its for the vegetables, but what does it do?

It buildings the greenhouse to keep the plants safe in all weather.
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:56 AM
For those of you who have Seasons, have any of you had a problem where the game elicits a user error whenever your Sim changes using a custom wardrobe (ie non-maxis chest of drawers) ?

Just wondering...otherwise things don't seem THAT different (yet) since I haven't really had a chance to explore most of what seasons has to offer lol
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:36 AM
Default i got season
well seaon just makes it rain snow and mess with pools and slides but i would say not to get it
Mad Poster
#10 Old 7th Mar 2007 at 12:42 PM
Seasons is an EP fixing many olde broken features from the base game while adding some more features.

All those weather things are nothing particular new except they got "fixed" in this EP.

The fix seems to have resulted in a nice background.

Worthy? Probably so when one can't fix it and/or is appealed to seasons and weathers and gardening...

Unworthy? Probably so when one has already got certain features rather than from Maxis.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 2:42 AM
Thanks everybody! I think the verdict is...
That i WONT get it..
I just dont think its worth it.
And according to Vind1care's journal...
doesnt seem very builder friendly!=[!
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 3:04 AM
For me it's the best expansion ever.Tons of new objects , well the weather if you were one of the sims 2 fans that were crying for it since the beginning , then your expectations should be more than filled, i love how atmospheric game play is now , tons of awesome new clothes ( for the first time i actually like maxis clothing lol) and a lot of really beautiful new decorative items, the country set is gorgeous, the new windows with flower boxes are great, and i like the new wood walls/floors, round pools, go skating, go roller skating and so many more to list right now. It's the first time i havent encountered any bugs or problems yet either and i have played a lot. This expansion is the one that is worth the bucks and i can't say that for all the rest ep's.The building problem V1nd1care mentions regards the custom glass roofs but there is a workaround for that also. Unless you play only in lots with boolpropped glass roofs then i really dont see why this ep is builder unfriendly. For me it's very inspiring and it's a matter of time until i make somethign new again.For now i'm enjoying gameplay and getting familiar with all the new stuff ( and yes they are a lot as i said lol).Sure there will be people that will have complains about stuff but most are really pleased with this expansion, again in my personal opinion , it's most content and stable ep ever.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 4:24 AM
I have to agree with corvidophile2. I think it is the best ep yet. Gameplay is much more fun than the earlier expansion packs. .....The hot summer sun and sunburn, the leaves turning autumn colours, the rain and lightning storms, the snow, and then the wonderful spring colours also the sky turning different colours for different seasons.
It's very realistic. No bugs either.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th Mar 2007 at 4:23 PM
Seemingly, the thread starter takes the build mode as the major factor to decide on whether to buy the seasons EP.

Hopefully, in the patch of this EP, the roof issue can be solved probably by extending the definition to cover all tiled regions of level grid layers.

And I bought it not just for the build mode but at least not for the BS products or "new" objects.

After all, Maxis has seemingly taken advantages of so many ideas from various modders...
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:15 AM
This Ep is not the best for building tools, nothing very important in fact. Ingame, except the graphic effects (ATI and Nvidia are happy) there is no realy new actions you MUST do, like in UNi or with Pests just new ,not too boring, parameters.
The stuff is quite good not too particular as in EP4, I think I will build with Ssn for without CC lots more than with Pests (I upload 1 frnished version) but I still use the good old OFB.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:31 AM
Hmm ok are we looking at the same EP lol There are much more build stuff that came with this ep than with pets for instance.

-4 new wicked fences
-country set windows/doors
-a lot of decorative/landscaping stuff which for me are a must for a builder, unless you prefer using cc.
example: rocks , trellises, flower boxes
- round pools!!!and the option to add wallpaper and floor to pool with just one click!
-greenhouse!!!!! no more boolprop to build a nifty greenhouse
-new outdoor sets like wiki or however it is called, i love that parasol lol
-new neat homecrafter

I don't consider building options just new tools and overall this expansion offers a lot to someone that likes building and landscaping.

I have uninstalled UNI and PETS and most of the stuff that came with pets are incorporated to Seasons also , like the sledgehammer tool for instance and i believe the individual roofslopeangle cheat also.

What more i can ask? i'm minus 2 EP and my game feels more content than ever.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 12:42 AM
i totally agree, corvi....best ep yet. so many more options for play AND build.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 1:00 AM
I love this new EP except for my wants changing. I got the issue with the crying infants and them just dropping them fixed with the no drop tired baby mod. So I added all my mods back in the game today. There are bugs in the game and Maxi is working on them. Like my problem with the crying baby is a known bug according to EA. Now if they'd just fix the everyone wants romantic wants I'd say this is the best EP yet. I love everything about it except those two things. Growing my own crops and restocking my fridge. Putting away leftovers, the new kitchen set, the weather. The cute penguin you can pet and become friends with so he comes back everyday. Snowangels, snowball fights, the roller rink, the ice skating rink. Although, I'm not tickled with the combusting Sims. The lightening stikes make me laugh unless their a double stike and I have to plead for my Sims life. But even Grim seems to have a better personality with this EP.
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:14 PM
Its worth it, I have him in Dutch and he is realy good !(my English is not so good)

Bye...arongeel9
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 8:59 PM Last edited by niol : 11th Mar 2007 at 5:28 AM.
Damn it... Maxis has omited or broken the caustic animation!
Probably during the make for switchable pool coverings... argh... here
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#21 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 10:00 PM
I was completely ambivalent about this EP, but after playing it all day today (and I haven't even gone through one whole "season" with a family yet) I am totally surprised to say I think it's by far the best one yet.

Uni all around sucked, Nightlife was a disappointment, OFB is still a pain (but... overall good for building), and Pets was hyper toddlers only worse because you still have toddlers plus pets! Aside from the inumerable other issues it was also a huge disappointment for building. So, I've found seasons to be a huge relief.

It's also very pretty. I could really care less about the weather in my sim world, but I do love having a sun rise and a sun set. That's lovely. My kids adore the lady bugs and laugh hysterically when anyone goes down a pool slide. They also like seeing the leaves change.

Plus the new bits and bobs just seem more complete than they have been in previous EP's. They included kitchen clutter which I don't remember happening before. I do believe the uber ugly tiki furniture is missing an end table. But I'm nit picking when I actually really like just about all of the new furniture and clothing.

So, all in all I just find this EP to be actually completely enjoyable and not a disappointment in any way! Which is quite shocking for me since I've become so accustomed to being let down by EA.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 10:52 PM
I havn't played the game yet as i don't have it but it all sounds so good and i can't wait to get it. One question though-is it possible to turn off the temp guage or the change of seasons and stuff? just a question out of curiosity....

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Mar 2007 at 10:57 PM
skiingiggy : of course you can made a 4 spring year.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#24 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 5:03 AM
I’ve wanted weather since day one, and this ep with its atmospheric visual effects, sounds and sim interactions, more than delivers. Add to that, Seasons includes a trove of wonderful objects and seems to be the most stable of all of the eps that I’ve played.

However, as a builder, the only issue that I have is that the elements will ignore sloped floor tiles that are utilized as roofing. In my observations, all floor tiles that are angled in any fashion, even slightly, won’t serve to keep out the weather, as shown in the pics below. A dummy sub-floor is a viable workaround, provided that that this flooring is flat. So if you love to construct domes, pagodas and any other angled roofs, this is something to keep in mind.

All in all, this ep is, as Corvi typed, worth the bucks.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 11th Mar 2007 at 6:18 AM
V1ND1CARE,

Was that poor you standing in the snow simply because Maxis didn't enabled the roof property for inclined floor tiles...?

Let's urge Maxis to fix that to give you a shelter...!
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 3