Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:54 PM
Default Roofs
After reading through many posts, I still haven't been able to find what I'm looking for so I thought I'd ask here. I was wondering if it is possible for a house that has more then one roof to have a different angled roof on each of them. I know about the roof slope angle cheat but can't seen to get the individual roof slope angle to work. Thanks in advance for the help.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:01 PM
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 6:13 PM
Maxis anounced an individual roofslope angle cheat with the pets, you can enter it, it works BUT when you re-enter the lot... all the roofs have the same roof angle

Wait a fix....

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 3:59 AM Last edited by niol : 13th Nov 2006 at 4:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by patul
Maxis anounced an individual roofslope angle cheat with the pets, you can enter it, it works BUT when you re-enter the lot... all the roofs have the same roof angle

Wait a fix....

Sounding just like the pre-Pets trick to do roofs of different angles...
The problem seems to be that the game engine still interprets the lot roofs as a whole for graphical presentation.
I can't tell if Maxis has even changed the lot structure for storing individual roof angle data. coz obviously I've no $ to buy it yet.
Yet, according to all the claims and reports, the cheat is really there and no lie, but just not working!
Instructor
#5 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 4:52 PM
That really stinks. However, I was building a house about a week ago, and the different roof pieces on the lot showed up at different angles. I didn't use the cheat; I guess it was a glitch. I didn't know what it was so I changed it with the regular roofslopeangle cheat. Anyone know why?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 4:59 PM
No pblem with the regular one, perhaps (I given up Pets building) the default inside lot sub-programm include this cheat but these parameters are not saved by the lot-saving one.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Research Worker
#7 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 6:18 PM
In a way I am glad you all have the same problems with this individual roof slope cheat.
I thought it was me but it is a maxis issue.
Does someone think it would help to put this on the EA forum in order to have it repaired with an eventual patch?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#8 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 1:00 PM
No, I've got a different problem. I can't get my roofs to change angle in the first place! I tried typing in the cheat longhand and I tried setting up aliases for the different angles. It accepts the cheat (ie the box doesn't stay open to indicate I typed it in wrong), but then what's meant to happen? I understand I am then meant to click on a roof, but in what mode? Buy? Build? Live? Should I have the roof control panel open at the time? My cursor doesn't change into anything no matter what screen I am in, and clicking does nothing.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 1:08 PM
You'd want to click the roof while still in build mode with the roof panel open while holding the cntrl+alt ( like when you delete a roof, you can't do it unless you are in the roof panel) ....I didn't notice any change in the roof 'cursor' when I used this cheat - (which I've given up on since the angles don't stick, hmph!)

Subtle In Spades
#10 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 1:15 PM
My goodness you're right - they don't save! (Thanks for the instructions, by the way). That makes it useless.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 4:38 PM
Yeah - the Pets EP Roof story does not have a happy ending. Its all pretty pointless anyway - even the diagonal roofs - 'cos they do not join seamlessly with regular roofs. I too am VERY dissapointed. I bought the EP for the build stuff - I hate the animals. The only animals I like cows and sheep... but then you can eat them...

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 5:09 PM
I am back to OFb to build, I play pets sometime but they must call it Dogs you can do nothing with the cats, and there is only one size

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
#13 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 5:32 PM Last edited by khakidoo : 11th Nov 2006 at 6:42 PM.
Check this out : http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/lot...asset_id=453953

I also have this in the moderation que here.... waiting for approval...but I got the diagonal roofs to work - I think part of the key ( cause I'm not too sure, I'm thinking a lot of this roof was luck ) anyway part of the key is using octagonal rooms/roofs to cover up the diagonal roof meeting points... know what I mean.... those ends that poke out.... if you want to see the mess of roofs under the big roof, download it and delete that big section of roof....

Subtle In Spades
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:22 PM
Really a great answer to the problem khakidoo ! But you/we cant build a "jungle" of roofs each time !
I'll wait the approval to say if I like it or not

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
#15 Old 11th Nov 2006 at 6:40 PM
lol I know what you mean patul, but keep in mind that some of the jungle of roofs were just mistakes that I never deleted.., If I had known what I was doing there wouldn't have been so many under there I promise, next time I'll do better

Subtle In Spades
#16 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 4:44 PM
It's amazing EA have twice now come out with roof cheats, each looking better than the last, and yet they still don't seem to be aware that the cheats don't work for normal players. Is there nowhere to post a bug report?
Forum Resident
#17 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
It's amazing EA have twice now come out with roof cheats, each looking better than the last, and yet they still don't seem to be aware that the cheats don't work for normal players. Is there nowhere to post a bug report?

I honestly do not think that they care! All they care about is sales . Even if you reported bugs/game issues, would they resolve it? More likely they will promise a fix in the next EP - forcing us to go out and buy it. And then that EP will have another set of annoying glitches. Its a lose-lose situation. (But that's just my opinion).

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Mad Poster
#18 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:07 PM
I think the roof angle will not be fixed . The roffangle was a single number availlable for all the lot, saving the individual roof angle mean to save a digit for each part of roof, it is not the same ! So I think they abort this for ascending compatibility reasons.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
#19 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 6:43 PM
Can you save a lot with the old cheat then? The one that works for all the roofs on the lot?
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 7:21 PM
no pblems I tried with a weid 75, it work
If you have 75 as global and an individual 40 for example, all the roofs have 75.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Research Worker
#21 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 6:34 AM Last edited by ambron : 20th Nov 2006 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Tried to do so
Something Kakidoo found out. Maybe it is a solution to all the problems. When you have a downtown or business area in you neighbourhood the roof issue seems to mess up more than without. I was wondering, if one builds in a default (i build in a custom one) neighbourhood without any area's placed, if the cheat would work properly. I am going to try next time I am entering the game.

I have tried to do so but it still doesn't work.
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 3:40 AM
Default IndividualRoofSlopeAngle
I was really happy to find this cheat,but didn't know how to use it. Thanks a lot . It's a bumber that you can not save it .
Mad Poster
#23 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:37 AM
Lol, backward compatibility is not an issue at all coz only UNI lots without UNI objects can be compatible to the base game and as compatible as those from the base game.

As for forward compatibility, There're already some incompatibilities. The biggest problem is that the coders wouldn't have their trial times to figure out what the cheat is for due to the way how EA Maxis manages the workers. The testers are not really devoted players who will try out things more carefully and completely. The makers weren't given sufficient times to understand things sufficiently while the testers probably didn't know the features are for well enough. No wonder the efficiency of having bugs is higher as the managerial efficiency is higher. Ironically, they both are proportional to each other in this case!

After all, they probably earn more from the stock market.
Test Subject
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eedgan
I honestly do not think that they care! All they care about is sales . Even if you reported bugs/game issues, would they resolve it? More likely they will promise a fix in the next EP - forcing us to go out and buy it. And then that EP will have another set of annoying glitches. Its a lose-lose situation. (But that's just my opinion).

No offence but why buy the game? you sound like all the people complaining about microsoft. Just my opinion. they cant fix everything and when they do of cource there r going to be other glitches. After all the creators r only human .
Mad Poster
#25 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugarsweet821
No offence but why buy the game? you sound like all the people complaining about microsoft. Just my opinion. they cant fix everything and when they do of cource there r going to be other glitches. After all the creators r only human .

It is because EAgame purpose is (like MicroSoft) to make money an to sell their soft faster to pay the developement even with unfinished parts. Dont you have daily windows updates...

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 1 of 2