Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 7:03 AM
Default How Would I Do This Roof??
So I'm recreating a house from a floorplan, simply because I liked the roof. I didn't think it would be super hard but trying to make it in game is a pain. How would I create this??

When I tried to get it ingame, it turned out like this

(pardon the distortion on the picture, I laid it over an image I already had open)
How do I get rid of this crossover section? Thank you
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 9:03 AM
This type of roof is actually quite easy to do. You do have to use the constrain floor elevation cheat to add a dummy level - here is a tutorial: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=251896

Note: You'll only need to add a dummy level to the house, not the porch area. Add the roof to the house then go down a floor, which will put you at the right level to add a roof to the porch. Add a shed gabled roof to the porch. You might need to adjust the roof angles a bit - I just built a roof like that earlier today, the angles I used are 40 for the house's roof and 15 for the porch's roof. Like so:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 7:51 PM
Thank you so much!!