Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 5:47 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 13th Sep 2018 at 10:07 PM.
Default Can't get child sim to snuggle on the parent's lap on the couch.
I might be going senile but I remember an interaction where the child sim lays and snuggles on the parent's lap which was cute and heartwarming that worked fine on my new laptop that I can't use right now because I need a new charger for it but on the old one it doesn't and won't show up and it made me wonder was I just imagining it because I vaguely remember doing an interaction like that on one of my profiles on my new laptop.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:33 PM
The child doesn't actually get into the lap, just leans against the adult (doesn't have to be a parent) and snuggles into her side.

I don't know what the minimum relationship requirement is, but presume they at least have to be friends, possible best friends. Have you clicked on the couch as well as the sims?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
The child doesn't actually get into the lap, just leans against the adult (doesn't have to be a parent) and snuggles into her side.

I don't know what the minimum relationship requirement is, but presume they at least have to be friends, possible best friends. Have you clicked on the couch as well as the sims?

Oh yeah now I remember. I had only performed that interaction once when it showed up so I forgot the exact details. I'll try that that out and report back. The couch that i'm having trouble getting the interaction to show up on is called KARLSTAD Sofa in case that has something to do with it and yes I had clicked on the sofa as well as the sims but the snuggle interaction still won't show up unless I turn on allmenus and even then that still wouldn't work because I had clicked on it and all they did was talk.
I had checked and their relationship status is BFF.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 9:46 PM
Possibly the "hug" interaction? Should come up when clicking on the sim. I don't think there's a "snuggle" interaction.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:07 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 13th Sep 2018 at 10:19 PM.
Thanks simmer and Peni I had found the source of the problem. It was a mod that was the culprit. Whew I'm glad that i'm not going senile. That is one of my favorite interactions in Sims 2 along with throwing food,dancing and romance interactions.
Alchemist
#6 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Possibly the "hug" interaction? Should come up when clicking on the sim. I don't think there's a "snuggle" interaction.
No, the interaction actually is "snuggle."

Glad you figured out the issue, SquidConqueror
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 10:58 PM
Please let us know what the mod that interfered was @Squidconqueror

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:45 AM
It was Closer Family. It must had messed up some of the interactions somehow.