Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 8:11 PM
Independence at last ~Up to Chapter 17~
Hey, this is the introduction to my new story, Independence at Last. It's about a pretty girl called Beverley who has just moved out of her parent's house...

Hey I'm Beverley Shawn. I've just moved out of my parent's old house and recently graduated college. I've moved into a gorgeous little town called Belladonna cove. I have fallen in love with my perfect little house, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, not much but it's lovely. All my furniture has arrived (But the moving truck was late) and the moving men set it up perfectly. My house isn't the best part though, the garden is beautiful!! It has a hundred Trees, flowers, bushes and a little pond with fishies!

I don't have much food in stock, so sandwiches will have to do for now.

It's been a long day, after a bit of gardening, I'm taking a bath.

I hope you like my story so far! Chapter 1 includes sad stuff, but it gets better!

- nadsy01 x

Chapter 1

Omg! I've just got a call from Cissy, my sister! She wants me to go bowling so I called the taxi. Oh, uh, maybe I should have got dressed up first. Oh well a quick hair change and change my outfit will do. Ohh, I look HOT!

Ah, no. The taxi's here. GTG!

Hey Cissy!
Hey Bev!

Sorry about the really short chapters! This is only HALF of chapter 1. Then on chapter 2... just wait and see.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 7:32 PM
Default Chapter 1.5
"Uhrm, Beverley, I have to tell you something. I was going to tell you on the phone but I had to tell you in person," A few tears rolled out of her heavily-mascara-ed eyes. "Beverley, Mum passed away in hospital last night. She- uh, left us half each of her inheritance money." She was crying like mad now, and so was I. We hugged for ages in the middle of the road.
"Cissy, can you sleep at my house tonight? Please? I don't want to be alone now. I might start seeing mum's ghost. Remember what happened with dad?"

At college I kept seeing dad's ghost. People said I was a weirdo.

"Bev, I'm not 9 years old." She sighed.
"Please, Cis. I beg of you!"
"Fine" She grumbled, and hopped back in the taxi.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 8:57 PM
Default Chapter 2
When we get home, Cissy looks amazed. She loves my new house. She runs straight inside, and jumps on my sofa.
"I thought you weren't nine years old anymore?" I smiled.
"Hmm, well now I'm ten." She giggled and back flipped.
"Cissy, do you want some hot chocolate?" I ask her.
"Nah, I'm so tired." She yawned at me.
"Uh, It's half nine." I look at my clock. Dammit! I still can't tell time properley. It's a quarter to 12.
"No, Bev. It's 12:45. Besides I have to go to work tomorrow.
I showed my big sister to the guest room and jumped on my own bed.
I'm going to hit the sack too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 9:08 PM
Default Chapter 2.5
For breakfast I got the cereal box out of the cupboard. I started pouring it into bowls...
"Toaster pastry please!" Cissy grinned and skipped to the kitchen. I grumbled and shoved the cereal back in the cupboard. I got out the pastry and slapped it on the pan. I put it on a plate and gave it to Cissy.

"Beverley, I haven't heard much of you lately. I have to go to work now, but heres my address, come by soon." She smiled and ran out the door.
I looked at the crumpled up peice of paper. Woah, she lives in one of the best apartments in town! She must of spent her inheritance- and half of mine.

I'm running out of social skills, so with some spare money I bought a parrot called Rayneboe. She squaks a lot, but I love her. (sorta)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jan 2009 at 9:13 PM
Default Chapter 3
Oh crap! Even with mum's inheritance (half of it o_O) I have hardly any money left. I need a job, soon. I always wanted to be a police officer, so I looked for a job in the law enforcement career.

Booyah! -JOB OPEN, SECURITY GUARD. NO EXPERIENCE NECCACARY. START IMMEDIATLEY-

I need some body power for my job, so with the remainder of my money, I bought an excercise machine.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 7:15 AM
I like it, the chapters are pretty short and the pics are small but im easy to please so i dont mind.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:20 AM
She is a pretty one, isn't she? You have started out really well, great job. Keep it up!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:31 AM
Tree4me Thanks so much I worked for about half an hour on bodyshop making her. She's going up for download on the sims 2 website if you want her
sweetsweetie85 Yeah sorry about that the limit for inline pics is 175KB and apart from shrinking them i dont know how to make the picture sizes smaller
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 8:58 AM
Default Chapter 3.5
Hey all, It's nadsy01 here! I'd like to thank all that are reading my story, It's the first one I've written on this website and I'll try to please everyone! If you have and Idea for my story, put it in a comment! I did have the main storyline planned out, but I like a few mini-stories on the way

OOH! It's my first day at work. After all that working out I did, I'm so tired I could really do with an expresso. I look at my new alarm clock. No! I forgot to set it! I'm nearly late! I threw my new uniform on and ran to the carpool.

-HOURS LATER-

Yawn! I'm back from work! I can't beleive it! On my first day I got a promotion!

I earned a bonus, so...

I got a PUPPY!

Aww her name's Suzi. Isn't she adorable???
I love her so much.
But the bed and dog bowl I ordered havn't come yet.
Oh well.
Oh no I have to go to work now!!
I put Suzi on my bed and put a plate of dog food on the floor in case she got hungry. I'm sooooo Happy!
Cooooosssss...

Yayayayayayayayayy!!! Promotions rock!!!
Jeez Im tired. Oh the dog bed and bowl have arrived now. I'm just gonna set them up and go to bed.
zzzzzz
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 9:04 AM
Default Chapter 4
On my day off, I decided I'd work out a lot. I just hired a gardener and my garden Isn't too bad anyway.

I was just on my excercise machine, working out, puff-puff-puff and then I got a call on my cell phone. I reached for it and answered;
"Hello?"
"Beverley? Beverley Shawn?"
"Yep! That's me."
I was beginning to lose my balance. I couldn't speak long,
"Excuse me, but who is this speaking?"
"It's Zack. Zack Hardman."
Oh god! I fell off my machine. Zack! What does he want now? I picked up the cell phone.
"What do you want?"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 9:20 AM
Default Chapter 4.5
"Beverley, I'm really sorry about what happened with us last month." He sighed down the phone.
"Us? No. No way. It's you OR me now. No we or us." I grumbled back.
"Bevvie, Please forgive me. Do you know what really happened?"
"Yes. I walked into your dorm and you were kissing my best friend." I nearly cried, but I feel stronger now.
"No, Bev, what happened was she came into my room and started kissing me. I didn't mean for anything to happen!" He said calmly.
"Oh, you mean you didn't plan for me to walk in? Zack, I'm not with you anymore." I shouted down the phone. I felt like hanging up, but I liked having something to be angry about. I was gripping a pillow and threw it at the wall. It hit the bookcase and out fell a photo album. It opened to a page...
No! There was a picture of me and Zack. Maybe it was a sign...

"Bevvie? Please speak to me?" I heard from the phone.
"Zack. Sorry. Yes, maybe I will try again. How about I meet you at Red's Famous 50's diner? In 10 minutes?" I smile.
"Oh yeah! I'd love that."
"Bye!"
Scholar
#12 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:29 AM
This looks great!
I would reccomend maybe squashing a few of your half-chapters together to make longer updates and also making your pics bigger and all the same size instead of some tiny and some big.
But the story's great and I love your casual kind of writing just exploring what your Sim does - rather like "The Sim's Way Of Life".

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 11:19 AM
meggie272 lol thanks ill take them tips and try to work on them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 11:24 AM
Default Explanation!!!!
Okay I read this out to my sister and my friend and they didn't quite understand it all. So, this is what's happened so far...

Beverley moved into a nice new house with a giant garden.
Her sister told her their mum's just died.
Her sister has spent half of Beverley's inheritance.
Beverley got a job.
Beverley has a bird and a puppy.
Her ex-boyfriend just rang her up and they are going to go to a cafe on a 'date'.

Okay, hope that helped so far. If you don't understand it, comment and I'll reply.
-nadsy01
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 10:20 PM
Nice update. Im really enjoying the story i like stories better sometimes when they are based around one person rather then a whole neighborhood because it gives more of an opportunity to get to know the character more. But im enjoying it and i hope you choose to continue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 9:31 AM
sweetsweetie85 hehe thanks Im working hard on it and i'm definatley going to continue. as far as i'm concerned, i'm going to write at least half a chapter a day for the rest of my life lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 9:36 AM
Default Chapter 5
I'm standing here waiting for the taxi only wondering what will happen on the 'date'. Will me and Zack get back together? Will Zack like the way I've changed? Will he just want to be friends? I hope not. I mean, Zack's mean and annoying at times but he's so kind and hot in other times. I wonder what he looks like??????????

Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nadsy01
sweetsweetie85 hehe thanks Im working hard on it and i'm definatley going to continue. as far as i'm concerned, i'm going to write at least half a chapter a day for the rest of my life lol

Haha the rest of your life huh. This must be one long story :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:31 PM
Default Chapter 5.5
He's not there. I went to the cafe, I waited for almost 2 hours and he wasn't there. I decided to go to the cake shop instead. I paid $10 for a Taxi that took me to a place I didn't need to go! I was looking forward to seeing Zack and all. Maybe that picture wasn't a sign, it was a warning. Or a pretty freaky coincedence.

When I finally got home (The cashier was REALLY slow) I went to Suzi. I loved her little tongue running along my hand. I filled up her food bowl and patted her tiny head. I know she isn't going to be a pup forever so I want to make the most of it. *yawn* I'm tired. I'm going to bed; nice, cosy, warm, snuggly, pink bed. I might be asleep for a looooooong time.....

Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:37 PM
uh oh a burglar
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 9:37 AM
Default Chapter 6
Okay so all my readers get a great big THANKS!!! I'm sure you know what happened while Beverley was sleeping from that last pic....Wha- what's that noise?

My alarm? But my alarm never goes off. Only when there's a BURGLAR!!!!
AHHHHHHH! What do I do? What do I do??????? Oh yeah, I do work for the police. Oh, they already got someone in.

Hey, It's the Hottie, Robert from work!

I have to give him a tip. He's so good-looking! I gave him some money.

"Oh, Thanks, Beverley?" He smiled
"Uh, yeah. I remember you f-from work." I giggled. Oh no. He might start wondering why I'm acting so flirty...
"Yeah, you were in the same car as me once." He said.
"Robert, do you want to come in for some hot chocolate?" I leaned on the door frame waiting for a reply.
"Um, Call me Rob. But if you haven't noticed, I have a dangerous criminal in my car. Maybe another time." He ran off.

-Sigh- He's so hot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 9:42 AM
Default Chapter 6.5
The next morning...

Uh-oh! Yesterday wasn't my day off! It was today! I rang up work and told them I was sick yesterday. I would be in tomorrow though. Oh well, I can spend today with my gorgeous little Suzi! I need to take her for a walk. She has been very lazy recently.

When I got home I put the kettle on. I need a tea! Maybe I should call Robert. It's his day off today as well...

Hey guys, sorry about the short updates. This one doesn't have pictures because it's too short! Sorry!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 11:04 AM
Default Chapter 7
I phoned up Robert. I got his number off my work place and wrote it in my diary.

"Hey Robert! How's about that cup 'o tea then?" I said down the phone. I gripped the phone tightly, hoping he'd say...
"Okay, sure!"
"Oh that's great Rob, you kno-"
"Oh, is it okay if I bring a friend?" He asked. A friend? Friend? What's that supposed to mean; Close friend? Girlfriend? Or worse- Boyfriend?
"Beverley?" He said, "Are you still there?"
"Oh yeah. Sure you can bring your friend. Just a friend." I smiled. It's probably another workmate, like Harry or Ned.
"Okay, be there in a bit."

They're here. Oh, Rob's friend is a GIRL!

"Hi, Robert!" I jump out of the house, purposley greeting him first. "Oh, what's your girlfriend's name?"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 11:18 AM
Default Chapter 7.5
"Huh?" Said Robert, Very confused. "Rebecca here, isn't my girlfriend. She used to be, but then she got married. We're just good friends." He corrected.
"Oh... sorry Rebecca," I said, shaking her hand (With a wedding ring on it) "I just thought-"
"Hey, no sweat Beverley. I know Robbie is a bit of a ladies man, but he really likes you and-" Rebecca said but Rob shook his head and felt himself blushing. Despite that, Rebecca continued, "And he wanted me over here so you would want him more, you know- playing hard to get." She smiled.
I giggled and blushed a bit too.
"Please everyone, come in!" I opened the door. I'm beginning to like Becky.

When we were inside, my earing dropped off. I reached down to get it but Rob caught it and put in back in my ear. Catching a lock of my hair and holding my hand, he said;
"Um, I know a great resturaunt outside town, do you wanna come there, with me? On a d-d-date?"

Uh, yesyesyesyes!
"Okay, Robbie. I'll go on a date with you." I smiled cuteley.

This is going to be great!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 12:03 PM
Default Chapter 8
We went to some club/diner but the resturaunt was on the roof! It was a little cold but I loved it. The crisp winter air blew my hair up so I could read the menu, and it went straight in Robbie's eyes.
"OW!" He shouted and laughed at the same time.
"Oh! Sorry!" I said and looked at his eye. Not too bad, just bright pink.
"It's okay."
When the waitress asked what we'd like, Rob said
"Lobster" The waitress seemed a little surprised, It was $40 a plate, but Robbie was willing to order for both of us! Aww!

Page 1 of 3