Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 2:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default CAS CC crashes sims 2
Since I added cc the CAS parts of my download has made my game crash when I have load anything to do with Sims. Empty lots load fine but any lot with a sim in it will crash, both buy mode and build mode contents work fine. I have no idea what is cuasing this issue. I have tested out make up, accessories, eyes, skins and facial hair they have all worked but when I placed hair into the downloads folder the entire game will no longer even boot.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 3:11 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Sep 2018 at 5:56 PM.
Tried deleting cache files?

CAS items can also cause crashes, but usually do so when you get to the item in the catalog or when you click on it. I'm guessing something's up with the hair you're trying to use.

4t2 hairs are known to sometimes need shaders to work, and if they're conversions from one of the creators who make very high poly hairs, you may want to stay clear. Same with high-poly 3t2 hairs and regular high-poly TS2 hairs. Maybe your computer has an issue with either high-poly hairs or shaders.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 3:43 PM
I will try it after I have finished testing the last of the individual folders

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 5:19 PM
UPDATE: after vigorus testing and much deleting I have found the problem...one damned hair that was 3t2

Nocturnal Dawn
Alchemist
#5 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 8:26 PM
problem might relate to neighborhood's Sim Creation Index resource (in SimPE).
Hex viewer, select c & d columns; "Short" value may need to be greater than 0x0000.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:25 PM
Well done Artimis, that must have been a pain to find, even if you used the 50/50 method.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
UPDATE: after vigorous testing and much deleting I have found the problem...one damned hair that was 3t2

What hair was the problem?

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:16 PM
The 50/50 method really is the best when hunting down one corrupted or otherwise borked piece of CC. Still a pain but effective. What you should do now is redownload it and test. If the cc is borked, let the creator and the rest of us know.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 11:41 PM
I sadly did not make note of the hair but I am looking for it in an old copy I have of download folder which is the less updated and sorted

Nocturnal Dawn