Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 10:22 AM Last edited by Jasmini : 8th Aug 2018 at 10:55 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default [Fixed] Hair Mesh in need of a quick fix
I came across this hair with a noticeable problem at the back, with a minor color mark on the skin.

From what i know the base mesh is obtained from here and has the same problem.
I did try to locate and contact the creator Julie e of the hair but the person doesn't seem active at the moment, however the creator did indicate that was editing is fine.

I would do this myself but i have no idea.

I would be highly grateful for someone fixing this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 1:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Aug 2018 at 11:48 PM.
JulieJ is still active (maybe she's on a summer break?) because she recently posted new CC.

The neck gap is simply a joint assignment issue, where the neck is 100% assigned to the head instead of 50/50 to the head and neck.

The "Hair" group (the one that takes on skin color) uses the same texture as the hair alpha, so that's where the dots of color are coming from. For 3t2 hairs this part of the mesh usually needs an invisible texture to look right. This is easily fixed by making new recolors, where the alpha for the "hair" texture is blacked out. It's also possible to add a new texture in SimPE, but that's a bit more work. SimPE adds together all identical textures, making it a little harder to fix things there - but when making recolors Bodyshop pulls the textures apart again.

It's an easy fix for the mesh, though other recolors may need redoing.

Just in case you can't get hold of JulieJ, I fixed the neck gap in the meshes and the head textures on the original textures (haven't tested them, but hopefully they'll work fine), plus added EF textures to one of them (it wasn't in the file). Also compressed the files, because adding textures shoots the filesize in the air like fireworks.

In case you'd like to fix other recolors, here's a quick tutorial:

Fixed mesh and recolors below:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MESH-JulieJ-NightcrawlerJiggly-3to2-FIXED.rar (4.73 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  fix.rar (835 Bytes, 16 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Jasmini : 7th Aug 2018 at 8:40 PM.
Thanks for the help, ill test this out.
I was unaware that the hair mesh isn't the issue relating around the color glitch.
Have i also got it right that the Alpha texture is some kind of masking system to isolate a specific part of the mesh?

----------------Update---------------------

So far so good! Thank you once again for this guide.
Can i confirm that you meant the Value with the (##0x) at the beginning of the numbers and letter while dealing with the stdMarbaseTextureBaseName?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 7th Aug 2018 at 11:46 PM.
Alphas mask out textures, yes. White is 100% visible, black is 0% visible, greytones is anything from 1-99% visible. It has to work together with the mesh, and it's texture only (unless the mesh is alpha-editable, such as the alpha parts of hairs).

Yes to the question about the ##0x number. When changing it, make sure you end up with the same number of digits, 8 numbers/letters after each 0x, an exclamation mark between the sequences, and only using 0-9 and a-f because we're dealing with Hex numbers (##0x12345678!0x12345678_txtr).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:12 AM
By the way this must of taken you ages so i'm very grateful for the recolors, did you have to do this one by one or did you put them all in SimPE?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 12:31 AM
I did it one by one, but it didn't take more than a minute or so for each file (I've used SimPE for over 10 years, so there's some experience involved). If you want to fix any other recolors it shouldn't take too long after you get the hang of the method.
Instructor
#7 Old 16th Sep 2018 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Julie J : 21st Sep 2018 at 1:06 PM.
I did update this on tumblr and wordpress in August - I was active and fixed the hair as requested.

http://julietoon-sims2.tumblr.com/p...ated-by-julie-j
https://juliejsimsstuff.wordpress.c...ted-by-julie-j/

I am kind of fed up with people running over to this site to complain about my meshes when I'm active and contactable.
I can understand if I hadn't been around for weeks/months etc.