Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 1:00 PM
Default Changing the clothing Catagories
How do i change what catagory an item of clothing goes in ie pjs as swimers and swimmers as everyday or just make all clothes available in all catagories i have looked in the package files and know what clothes are what but dont know what to change for there catagory any help would be apresiated sorry about the poor spelling thankyou.
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2009 at 1:07 PM
Banned
#3 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 2:18 PM
I think the easiest solution is to install the Awesome mod. It has a command to disable the clothing filter ("disableclothingfilter on") which allows you to select any item of clothing for any category. If you want to wear a tux into the swimming pool, you can.

It seems a lot easier than fiddling with each article of clothing.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 3:55 PM
yes but what happens when you uninstall the awesome mod ? at least using the cas tool to change the category you have that package no matter what and it should not cause conflicts with the game
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2009 at 7:18 PM
tjstreak: No offense, but making every piece of clothing appear in every category is utterly silly and totally misses the point of having a clothing category in the first place. :P

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
tjstreak: No offense, but making every piece of clothing appear in every category is utterly silly and totally misses the point of having a clothing category in the first place. :P

Well, some people don't see the point in clothing categories in the first place. Although I will admit that trying to get your sims to swim in their pajamas is a bit odd, but hey it's The Sims. xD
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 1:41 AM
The problem with making every item appear in every category is that it will apply to townies too, and you'll see folks all over town wearing the wrong thing at the wrong time. That's the most important function of clothing categories, IMO.

One of these days when I get around to it, I'm gonna reclassify everything according to my personal tastes... besides some things that ought to be in more categories, there are a few things that ought to be in fewer. Especially some things that should NOT be in formalwear
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 3:12 AM
Thanks guys but i am still having troubles. if i change the catagory nothing happens in game maybe i am doing somthing wrong but i have tried several differant methods and still nothing. thanks for the help though.
Banned
#9 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 7:06 PM
For most things there is an easy way and a hard way.

Many people go through life doing everything the hard way. That's fine, too.

I merely was suggesting an easy way. It's quick and dirty, and it gets the job done. And it does not cause a lot of brain damage.

I don't turn the filter off all of the time. Only when I go into CAS, which is not all that often. An not even always then -- only when I have something specific in mind.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 10:15 AM
I too use the disableclothingfilter command, and I never see townies wearing strange items of clothing - maybe someone else has, though.

Although I would not classify every item of clothing as belonging in every category, it does help for a lot of things when I want someone to specifically wear something inappropriate (and thus, not in that category). Plus, a lot of the default category choices are poor.
Test Subject
#11 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 9:18 PM
Thank you! This tool was exactly what I was looking for!
Banned
#12 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 9:39 PM
The clothing thing with awesomemod can be deactivated as soon as you are done using it. It only applies to townies if you let it.
Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2012 at 7:51 PM
I have sims 3 showtime and disableclothingfilter command doesn't work with me I couldn't figure out if I am doing something wrong. I want to place everyday and formal clothes that I downloaded from internet into "career" folder but unfortunately they don't appear in the career folder. I want my singer sim to wear unique costumes so what can I do_?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th May 2012 at 8:07 PM
In that case, AwesomeMod has probably been updated to no longer use that particular command. Have a look at AwesomeMod's documentation to find out how to activate that feature in the newer versions.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 11:48 AM
Does anyone know a way to use normal clothing in the career category, without the awesomemod?