Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Canning Station and Custom Canning Skill (Update 17th April 2019)

by icemunmun Posted 6th Aug 2017 at 7:04 PM - Updated 14th Aug 2022 at 4:05 PM by icemunmun : Updated to the Get Famous patch

650 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 455 Feedback Posts, 194 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 27
dodgy builder
#201 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaterRuby03
I downloaded all five files, and have Outdoor Retreat, but the mod is not showing up in my game. What can I do to fix this?

Have you enabled scriptmods in game options. Don't have too many subfolders in your modfolder either.
Test Subject
#202 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 3:38 AM
Im having an issue with the pot they do the canning with because it is transparent for me, also the canning skill logo is missing. everything works its just those 2 things are not working. it's less than 1 folder deep, scripts are enabled, I tried it alone with out other mods. Just wanna check if there is a quick fix to this. thanks u!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#203 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sky123sl
Im having an issue with the pot they do the canning with because it is transparent for me, also the canning skill logo is missing. everything works its just those 2 things are not working. it's less than 1 folder deep, scripts are enabled, I tried it alone with out other mods. Just wanna check if there is a quick fix to this. thanks u!

Hi! Looks like a graphical issue! Can you tell me what is your game graphics settings ?
Test Subject
#204 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Hi! Looks like a graphical issue! Can you tell me what is your game graphics settings ?

Resolution: 1366x768
Sims: Very high
Objects: Low
Lighting: Medium
Reflections: Medium
Visual Effects: Low
Edge Smoothing: High
3d scene resolution: Low
View distance: High
Uncompressed sim texture: On
Post processing effect: Off
Laptop mode: Off

im guessing the 3d resolution or object settings are reason for the pot issue, but idk about the skill logo
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#205 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 11:13 PM
Resolution: 1366x768
Sims: Very high
Objects: Low
Lighting: Medium
Reflections: Medium
Visual Effects: Low
Edge Smoothing: High
3d scene resolution: Low
View distance: High
Uncompressed sim texture: On
Post processing effect: Off
Laptop mode: Off

im guessing the 3d resolution or object settings are reason for the pot issue, but idk about the skill logo

What patch are you on ? Do all icons (skills, buffs etc) appear properly in your game ? I am asking this because after patching some time back ( most probably due to incomplete patch and wonky internet), the icons in my game all looked like the white lama thingy. After I repaired my game all the icons started appearing properly again. Also the buff icons are appearing properly ? Do you have any other trait mods or mods in general which add new buffs, traits etc ?
Test Subject
#206 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 1:09 AM
Default not showing up
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Have you enabled scriptmods in game options. Don't have too many subfolders in your modfolder either.

i have it in correct spot and script mods on and cant find it what folder as in game like "applianances" would it be in
Banned
#207 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 8:52 AM
I was really looking forward to this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#208 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 2:19 AM
This is very creative and detailed, however, none of your items work in my game, including the harvestables. I keep re-downloading your plants, but they never show up in my game and I don't understand why. Even when I try to just "open your package files with", the only option that comes up is Sims 3. I don't understand what's going on. I like your creations, but it's really sad that I can't use them. I'm glad others can though.
Test Subject
#209 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 3:09 AM
What patch are you on ? Do all icons (skills, buffs etc) appear properly in your game ? I am asking this because after patching some time back ( most probably due to incomplete patch and wonky internet), the icons in my game all looked like the white lama thingy. After I repaired my game all the icons started appearing properly again. Also the buff icons are appearing properly ? Do you have any other trait mods or mods in general which add new buffs, traits etc ?

I am on the latest patch, all my icons show up in game. all the buffs icons are appearing just fine, I do have other mods that have custom buffs such as the bee box and the fashion career, etc. (ill try repairing my game and see if that helps)
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#210 Old 19th Sep 2017 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by amyjholli
i have it in correct spot and script mods on and cant find it what folder as in game like "applianances" would it be in

Hi!, It should be under Appliances> Stoves. Just to be sure you have unzipped the files in the mod folders ?. Try searching for 'Canning' in the catalouge

Quote: Originally posted by Sims*fan
This is very creative and detailed, however, none of your items work in my game, including the harvestables. I keep re-downloading your plants, but they never show up in my game and I don't understand why. Even when I try to just "open your package files with", the only option that comes up is Sims 3. I don't understand what's going on. I like your creations, but it's really sad that I can't use them. I'm glad others can though.

The reason the option for sims 3 comes up because you have most likely got S3PE installed. .package files are associated with both sims 3 and sims 4 but they are structured differently. For opening sims 4 packages you require S4PE or Sims4Studio.
About harvestables - Have you looked under the misc appliances ? The harvestables ( not the plants ) are in the misc appliances and if you do not find them all turn on the Debug mode. You can also search with the name of the harvestable.

I am on the latest patch, all my icons show up in game. all the buffs icons are appearing just fine, I do have other mods that have custom buffs such as the bee box and the fashion career, etc. (ill try repairing my game and see if that helps)

Its strange that the buffs appear but the icon does not as its basically similar resources. Can you please repair your game and post a screenshot of the empty icon if it persisits ?
Test Subject
#211 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 8:47 PM
Its strange that the buffs appear but the icon does not as its basically similar resources. Can you please repair your game and post a screenshot of the empty icon if it persisits ? [/QUOTE]

Yeah I just repaired my game, still it's not working. [IMG][/IMG]
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#212 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 10:29 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 21st Sep 2017 at 11:10 AM.

Yeah I just repaired my game, still it's not working.

Hey,
I did some testing and found that when the object graphical setting is set to low, the skill icon appears empty because the skill icon is of the dimension 140 x 140 . The buffs appear because their dimension is smaller ( 40 X 40) . It appears that the object graphical setting controls the icon rendering too. If you want to replace with a smaller icon, PM me and i will tell you how.
Scholar
#213 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 1:50 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if you're looking for a way to implement this without Outdoor Retreat, or should I just try to forget about it? This is something I know I'd get a LOT of use out of, as I tend to play with harvestables a lot, but I'm pretty determined to stay base game only. No pressure intended, I just want to know whether it's worth my while checking back for updates or not.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Test Subject
#214 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 5:09 PM
Hey,
I did some testing and found that when the object graphical setting is set to low, the skill icon appears empty because the skill icon is of the dimension 140 x 140 . The buffs appear because their dimension is smaller ( 40 X 40) . It appears that the object graphical setting controls the icon rendering too. If you want to replace with a smaller icon, PM me and I will tell you how.

Ok so i did turn up my object graphics settings to medium and it works now, im going to try and see if my game can run decently if it can not I'll message about getting the smaller icon. Thanks again! p.s. the pot transparency issue is still a problem, but I can live with it since I am not planning on staring at my sims 24/7 canning stuff. thanks again!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#215 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Hi, I was just wondering if you're looking for a way to implement this without Outdoor Retreat, or should I just try to forget about it? This is something I know I'd get a LOT of use out of, as I tend to play with harvestables a lot, but I'm pretty determined to stay base game only. No pressure intended, I just want to know whether it's worth my while checking back for updates or not.

Hey, I do have plans to make this base game compatible. However, I am swamped with work related stuff at the moment so It will require some time to figure out a viable method. Sorry!
Scholar
#216 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 10:17 PM
Hey, I do have plans to make this base game compatible. However, I am swamped with work related stuff at the moment so It will require some time to figure out a viable method. Sorry!

That's cool, I understand! Life is like that sometimes. I'm really glad to hear that you do intend to work on it though. Hopefully it won't give you too much trouble!

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#217 Old 28th Sep 2017 at 3:35 AM
Coooool! Can't wait to try it!
Field Researcher
#218 Old 1st Oct 2017 at 8:35 PM
I love :lovestruc , love :lovestruc , love :lovestruc this!!!!!!! Having fun canning.
Also My family is about to go off the grid and I really want them to be able to stock up a little faster. Would be at all possible.... (Gets down on my knee, using puppy eyes and raised arms in supplication) If at level 8 to 10 we could upgrade the cannery or be at the level where we are so good at canning that we can get 2 sometimes three jars from every batch. I mean were so savy and efficient at that level that we no longer leave half the fruit, crystallized and glued, to the bottom of the pot, each time we cook.
Thanks. No worries if you don't want to or can't I understand you have a busy schedule but just a personal want on my behalf.
Test Subject
#219 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

I have the same problem as the person Volvenom is replying to, I have all the files downloaded and Outdoor Retreat but none of the content shows up in my game. I have scriptmods enabled and I have only two subfolders in my Mods folder. Please, someone help me get this working, I love this mod more than any I've ever seen, it's so creative and self-contained and would be so useful to me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#220 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:08 AM
thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:32 AM
Very very thanks, this is the most fantastic mods I've ever had...!!! <3 <3 <3
Test Subject
#222 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TrekkerLLAP
I have the same problem as the person Volvenom is replying to, I have all the files downloaded and Outdoor Retreat but none of the content shows up in my game. I have scriptmods enabled and I have only two subfolders in my Mods folder. Please, someone help me get this working, I love this mod more than any I've ever seen, it's so creative and self-contained and would be so useful to me!

Hi trekkerLLAP, did you try to fix the game or update it? Or put the Files directly in the Mode folder without using subfolders?
There is also the possibility that using the trick .. "bb.showhiddenobjects" you can find what you are looking for.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#223 Old 21st Oct 2017 at 8:42 PM
Thank you sooooo much! I really love this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#224 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 11:47 AM
Amazing! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#225 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 8:28 PM
congrats on being featured!
Page 9 of 27